Mushy Pea Curry

coolkerry

Hi Guys

Has anyone tried this mushy pea curry i keep hearing about ?? i cant imagine what its like .. and also whats the recipe ?? mushy peas and curry powder ?? :confused:

thanks

xx

Hi There I just made this version of it............
I added the other ingredients to improve the taste!

Pete’s Mushy Pea Curry

Serves 4
Syn Free on EE
Ingredients
1 300g Tin of mushy peas
1 400g chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. of garam masala
1 Tbsp. of curry powder
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tbsp. sweetener
Method
Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with fry Light until transparent

Add garam masala, curry powder & paprika, stir continuously for a few minutes until the onions are coated.
Add the mushy peas, tomatoes and cook for 15 mins until it thickens.

Allow to cool then blitz with a hand blender.

When reheating add 100mL per person of hot water and bring to the boil, then turn to simmer.

Add chicken to the sauce or use it as a general sauce.

(I had chicken & chips)

Attachments

• Mushy Pea Curry (Large).JPG
    Mushy Pea Curry (Large).JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 4,327
Thanks :) so is it more of a sauce than a meal ?? not sure about it ?? the taste i mean .. peas + curry = explosion !! haha

xx

Hi There I just made this version of it............
I added the other ingredients to improve the taste!

Pete’s Mushy Pea Curry

Serves 4
Syn Free on EE
Ingredients
1 300g Tin of mushy peas
1 400g chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. of garam masala
1 Tbsp. of curry powder
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tbsp. sweetener
Method
Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with fry Light until transparent

Add garam masala, curry powder & paprika, stir continuously for a few minutes until the onions are coated.
Add the mushy peas, tomatoes and cook for 15 mins until it thickens.

Allow to cool then blitz with a hand blender.

When reheating add 100mL per person of hot water and bring to the boil, then turn to simmer.

Add chicken to the sauce or use it as a general sauce.

(I had chicken & chips)

I love peas, I mean they're one of my favorite food :) I'd say this would be lovely, for me anyway lol Thanks I'm going to try it :) x

Might give it a whirl then , thanks guys :D

xx

I :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: this over chips :drool:

Big plate of chips, lots of fried onions & peas, 42g grated low low cheese over the chips and lots of the curry sauce!

OMG :drool: think i'll have this for dinner tonight!

Last edited:
Do you just wait till its Luke warm for blending then, how come you can't blend it hot ?

Uh, so you dont burn yourself... :)

Wait til its cool enough to handle, blitz it, then warm it up again.

Last edited:
Its lovely I think its a similar texture to a good Dhanzak. I think it would be nice with some fresh pineapple added when its all cooked. I might make this this weekend

xxx

I'm going to try this for the first time tonight after weigh in. Sounds yummy :drool:

Im not stupid just thought there is no point in waiting for just cool then re heat it, i would be able to blitz it hot, i didn't appreciate that comment ermintrude at all!

Wasn't meaning to be rude. :confused: You asked why you cant blitz it when its hot. The only reason not to do so would be so you dont burn yourself. Almost every recipe Ive ever seen says to leave it to cool a little first and then reheat... :confused: Personally I *would* (and have) burn(t) myself if I deal with things using my naked hands straight off a boiling heat. If you dont, no problemo, go ahead.

I was only answering the question you asked. :sigh:

Peace. :giveup:

Back