Mushy pea Curry
2 tins mushy peas
1 tin baked beans
onions and mushrooms
tbsp sweetner
curry powder
fry light
fry mushrooms and onions in fry light
add mushy peas and baked beans tbs sweetner and curry powder stir and simmer for about 20 mins this is free on green days and was yummy with sw chips or add chicken for extra easy and have veg on the side

***** I made it without mushrooms because i didn't have any and going to have it with chips

Thanks for posting this, am going to get the ingredients tonight and give it a go over the weekend!

Fingers crossed xx

I've made this a few times. Sounds soooo wrong but turns out soooo right!

Im going to try this later :)

my mum swears by this it is bloody gorgeous - if you have not tried it give it a go xx YUM

Made this for the first time tonight, and was quite impressed. I used madras powder, so it had quite a kick but it was also quite sweet. I will definitely make it again. Hubby liked it but doesn't think you can have a proper meal that doesn't have meat in it . It doesn't look fantastic tho....

image-1785491607.jpg

Have tried this, was nice, but think i need sweetner? it wasn't so sweet, tasted a bit bland, i put in some mild curry powder, the tomatoes helped obviously. I didn't try it with baked beans though, I did the tomato and mushy pea version. Will have again though, filled me up :) and very cheap!

I made it with baked beans and it was lovely. Looks disgusting but really good and I didn't think it needed sweetener - try it with the beans and see what you think :)

Made this for the first time tonight, and was quite impressed. I used madras powder, so it had quite a kick but it was also quite sweet. I will definitely make it again. Hubby liked it but doesn't think you can have a proper meal that doesn't have meat in it . It doesn't look fantastic tho....

View attachment 23571

Why don't you add chicken to it? That's what I do, and it seems much more like a 'proper' curry.

I make mine slightly different to this recipe. This is how I do it:

- In a pan, with FryLight, fry off chicken breast pieces, onions and mushrooms (you can add any extra veggies you like)

- Once the chicken is cooked & the vegetables softened, add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and 1 tin of mushy peas. Stir well and let the mixture bubble.

- To the mixture add curry powder - enough to suit your taste. Again, stir well and serve.

IAlso, just before serving, I stir in a coconut MullerLight yogurt. It makes the curry so much more rich and 'creamy', and tastes just like a Korma! I love it served with SW chips and extra veg.

Why not give it a try xx

I don't normally like mushy peas but I love pea and ham soup which I think is similar - Gonna give this a go.

jayneb said:
hi is this free when made eith chicken on the extra easy ?

Should be x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back