Mutterings of a 30 year old food addict.

Thursday SP day

Breakfast -
Overnight oats (heb1 oats, flax seed [1syn] cherry Muller light [1.5syns], frozen berries)

Lunch -
Sp gammon stew, root veggies, lentils. Heb2 wm bread.

Snack -
Fruit salad (Apple, pear, sastuma)
Special k bar [6syns]

Tea -
Crustless quiche. Raw veg sticks.

Evening -
Warm Hea milk and honey [2syns]

Water = 2 bottles
Total syns = 10.5 syns

Last edited:
Friday SP day

Breakfast -
Overnight oats (heb1 oats, flax seed [1syn] cherry Muller light [1.5syns], frozen berries)

Snack -
Fruit (Apple, pear, satsumas)
Special K bar [6syns]

Lunch -
Sp gammon stew, root veggies, lentils. Heb2 wm bread.

Tea -
Crustless quiche. Raw veg sticks.

Evening -
1 gin and slimline tonic [4syns]
Hand full of Pringles [?8syns]

Water = 2 bottles
Total syns = 20.5 syns

Oops!!.....

in my defence I ended up delivering a baby at work that made me 2hours late finishing work (ontop of an already 12hr shift).... I blooming well deserved that gn't and some crisps!!!:p

Last edited:
Saturday SP day

Breakfast -
Heb1 2x weetabix with hea milk.
Apple and satsuma

Lunch -
Crustless quiche

Dinner -
Gammon, root veg and lentil stew

Snack -
Fruit salad (Apple, pear, satsumas)

Supper (workin the night shift so this was in middle of the night) -
Ham and egg sandwich with light salad cream [2syns] and heb2 wm bread.

Snack -
10 almonds [?5syns]

When I work a night shift, I swap to the next day at about 3-4 o'clock in the morning..... it means i can have some porridge for breakfast berfore going to bed when i get home in the morning.

Hi Lotte! Looks like you're doing really well! Sounds like you have some pretty busy days so it's great how you're fitting SW in around your work.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress :)

Wanted you to know, after the encouraging support you have given me that I am starting to new year under 17 stones. only a pound under, but as I was 18.5 starting in November, I am tickled pink:woohoo:

Congratulations red-biddy, that's fab.... and in so glad that you feel chuffed with yourself..... hears to 2017!!

I in the other hand went completely awol over December and Christmas. I indulged in pizzas, takeaways, chocolates, while packets of biscuits, alcohol, cheese.... you name it.... I ate it!!!! :eat: :eatdrink023:

But.... I'm back... I'm (hopefully) focused. And I don't feel "too" guilty about having a break for a bit.... if you can't enjoy yourself at Christmas... then when can you enjoy yourself!!

So it is (another) new start for me

2017 diary bought (for logging my food).....

New thermal running leggins bought (its bloody cold outside at 8am)....

New targets set (14lbs in 3months).....

2017 will be my year!!!!!

Come on!!! :bunnydance:

Quick update.

I've lost 2lbs in the last 2 weeks. It's only a little, but it's still a loss.

I'm just struggling a little with the "not treating myself" at the weekend business, but in hoping that this will get better over the next couple of weeks... it helps that im entering a part of my work Rota when I'm in work every weekend for the next few weeks.

Slow and steady!!!

Still got a couple of long term targets. My brother's wedding in June (id love to look awsome for that). And I've got a friend's hen-do weekend away in August (anf then the wedding obvs.) which I would love to be slim and healthy looking for.

How's everyone else getting on? I'm going to try going through some of your diaries today for a catch up and a bit of motivation.

Good luck all for this weekend :D

Hi freakydarkstuff, and welcom.

Don't be sad about gaining weight during pregnancy and having children.... think of it this way, you've been kind to yourself, you've given your body what it wants and needs to grow a baby. And (from my experience) pregnancy is the easy bit... raising a baby is blooming difficult.... and in those first few weeks/months any food is good food.... if it's even hot, then that's a bonus!! Plus thats not accounting for how pregnancy changes our bodies and the way we store fat!!

Good luck in your journey :)

Weighed in at 12st2 this morning :D

That's -3lbs for me this week!

I've managed 6 out of the 7days at 100% , which is a vast improvement on last week's 3/7!!

Yesterday was my recovery day after finishing Friday and Saturday night shifts... so it was hubbies duty to deal with food. He got in some heinz tomato soup for lunch, which he thought was healthy :rotflmao:.....(at 11.5syns!!!!!!) And he thought because I was having a good lunch I could splurge a bit on dinner (which I normally don't mind) so planned takeaway, Ice cream and the left over bottle of bucks fiz from Christmas....... bless him he tries!!! (On the plus side, I did just order masala fish and salad from the take away!!)

This week (if all goes to plan) should be 100% on plan, 7/7 on plan days. I'm on day shifts Thursday and Friday and then nights Saturday and Sunday, so no naughty weekend nights with the husband for me this week..... fingers crossed for a repeat of this week!

I have been awefull this week. I don't know weather it's my time of the month that has sent me completely off track of what.

I have eaten everything in sight... aaahhhh! There's something inside me that switches off and I just can't stop myself. Vending machine hot chocolates, crisps, chocolate bars, white bread sandwiches and toast..... the lot!

So all in all I weighed in at 12st3 this week.

That's a gain of only 1lb so I'm lucky it wasn't worse!

All this debauchery has landed me with one good awfull stomach. I swear, even though I've never been officially diagnosed, I have ibs. Im not sure whether it was all the junk i ate or the lentils I've put in my stew for the last 2 weeks but the cramps, wind and diarrhoea have been deadly!!
:sick0019: oops!

Onto this week. Back on plan.
I won't be weighing in till Wednesday next week, due to the way my night shifts fall. Best behave and get back on the wagon. :D

I am just checking in to say goodbye.

My slimming world journey has unfortunatly come to an end.

I am now facing bigger fish to be fried, and my diet has become the least of my priorities.

Reading through my last post I mentioned a dodgy stomach... well turns out it was a little more serious that ibs and too many lentils.

Over the last 4weeks in hospital I have now been diagnosed with bowel cancer with a secondary spread to the liver :(.

For a 31 year old , relatively fit and healthy.... it's all come as a bit I a shock to the system.

The next stage will be chemo and surgery... we will stay strong. And hopefully one day I will be back on the slimming world express worrying about my weight.

Good luck every one on reaching your targets.

Goodbye... for now.xxx

I am just checking in to say goodbye.

My slimming world journey has unfortunatly come to an end.

I am now facing bigger fish to be fried, and my diet has become the least of my priorities.

Reading through my last post I mentioned a dodgy stomach... well turns out it was a little more serious that ibs and too many lentils.

Over the last 4weeks in hospital I have now been diagnosed with bowel cancer with a secondary spread to the liver :(.

For a 31 year old , relatively fit and healthy.... it's all come as a bit I a shock to the system.

The next stage will be chemo and surgery... we will stay strong. And hopefully one day I will be back on the slimming world express worrying about my weight.

Good luck every one on reaching your targets.

Goodbye... for now.xxx
Oh my gosh, I sincerely hope you will be ok, now it's been diagnosed they can start to treat you. I wish you all the best in the coming week and months and hope you find the inner strength to fight. Stay strong and positive and keep yourself healthy and sane. Though I don't know you I send you love and a speedy recovery xxx

Back