Mutterings of a 30 year old food addict.

So yesterday didn't go quite to plan :oops: .......not such a great start for getting back on the wagon!!!

Started off well (went for a run and everything!), but after lunch I just got the hunger and the blinkers came up and I went on a rediculous binge of cereal and the babies scotch pancakes :mad:
I think the moral of the story is that if I run in the morning, I need more of a substantial (on plan) lunch.... Today I shall chuck a potato in the oven to have with my salad.

Tuesday
Breakfast no1! - 2x coffee, melon, banana
31 minute run (c25k w2d1)
Breakfast no2! - green tea, overnight oats (heb oats, muller light, 1tsp flaxseed (1syn)) frozen berries.
Mid morning snack - Apple, satsuma
Lunch - chicken salad, fat free vinegarette, eggy bread (6syns)
Afternoon - left over chicken, bowl of cheerios (and rest of hea milk), 3x scotch pancakes with Nutella :(
50 minute walk.
Dinner - beef in black bean, mixed peppers and onion (2.5syns for sauce). Rice.

I was sooo tied by the evening, I think the mixture of junk food and the afternoon walk did me in o_O I fell asleep on the sofa at half 8. I walked to the husbands work so I could go collect the baby from nursery with him (the nursery is round the corner from his work so he's doing all the drop offs and pick ups)...... He though I was nuts!! I think I'm still struggling with being separated from her.... Monday was her first day and yesterday was the first time I was alon at home without her.

So we weighed in last night and I weighed in at 12st9.

That means I've put on 3lbs since leaving group.

But never mind..... I'm still a total of 11lb down... And I'm going to focus on that and move on.

Heads in the game this morning:cool:

Pre SW meetings =-2lb
12 week SW referal = -12lb

20/09 = +3lb

TOTAL LOSS = 11lb

Hi Lotte,

I'm getting back to it. I am much better being accountable - whether here, or in group. I am going to stick to group as much as I can and hopefully start seeing the scales shift!

Well done on sticking with it. We're here to support you! :)

Flic. xx

Ah thanks flic.

I did enjoy group, and loved meeting people that live locally (group was only round the corner from house), i just cannot justify spending £5 a week on it :(... not when the diet itself isn't particularly cheap to follow... I'd rather spend the extra fiver on some extra fresh fruit or veg.

Plus working day and night shifts my timetable is a bit all over the place so can't always commit to a particular night or time anymore.

I've had a much better day today. Been for my run this morning, and stick to plan.... I will of maxed out my daily 15syn allowance by the end of the day, but that's what it's for I suppose!!

Good luck flic.x

Yay - well done on a good day. And a morning run too - I am hoping your motivation rubs off on me!

Don't panic too much about group - I think things like this are as important. For me it is staying accountable, and that means people having to read my ramblings!

Have a good evening!

Flic. xx

This week has gone pretty well, and feeling hopefull for weigh in tonight :)

Pretty sure I've stuck to plan this week so fingers crossed!

I only got out for 2 runs last week and think I'll only get the 1 in this week..... but it's still better than nothing!!

I've joined my first minimins challenge. I'm aiming to loose a further stone by the end of december on the oct, nov, dec challenge..... hopefully it's do-able (if I can behave myself)!!!!!!!

Weighed in last night at 12st7.

Means I've lost 2lbs last week :)

Hope everyone else is weeks have gone to plan.

Pre SW meetings =-2lb
12 week SW referal = -12lb

20/09 = +3lb
27/09 = -2lb

TOTAL LOSS = 13lb

I am still alive..... honest!!!

I'm back at work full time now (12hr shifts day and might.... rubbish!!) So I've gone easy on myself while I've been settling back into the swing of things.

I've been naughty at the weekends, indulging in takeaway dinners and lunch time bagettes.... but that's ok, as I've needed some time to adjust to a whole new way of living (shift work and not seeing my baby for several days at time is very different from the stay at home mum I've been for the last year).

Like I've said previously I joined the oct/nov/dec challenge so I've been mostly updating on that (although I've not done particularly well!!)

In total I've lost a modest 2lbs over the whole month of October, it's not much but it's better than nothing!! (Got a lot of work to do if I want to have lost a stone by the end of december.... maybe I set myself too high a target!)

This week I have my first ever SP days planned in, so im going to see if that gives me a bit of a boost....... lentils at the ready everybody!!

So first sp day went well. Got a little hungry late afternoon and I don't think I drank enough water. It was a really busy shift.

2nd day of sp today will be pretty much the same as yesterday (plus more fluids).

Breakfast - 2x coffee (part of hea milk) overnight oats - 40g oats (heb1), flax seed (1syn), Muller light (cherry and chocolate 1.5syns) and frozen berries.

Midmorning - sliced apple, pear 2x satsumas

Dinner - chicken, speed veg and lentil stew. 2slices wm 400g bread (heb2).

Mid afternoon - carrot and celery sticks

Tea - sp crustless quiche (made with eggs, cottage cheese, mixed peppers, mushroom and spring onions)

Evening - warm milk (remaining hea) and honey (2syns)

I possibly need a few more syns today. I've got a portion of nuts I might have at somepoint later today.

Any feedback would be much appriciated.

Last edited:
So my sp days turned out as a success!!:woohoo:

The scales showed a 3lb loss (that might just be because I was good all week though and nothing to do with the sp days!) At the moment though, that has spurred me on to get my head back in the game properly and do the best I can in these 6 weeks before Christmas.... Bring it on!!!

I'm going to have another few sp days this week to really get some weight shifted. I find them quite easy to be honest (on work days when I only have to think about food for myself).

I'm going to (try) and log my food diaries this week, like I did when I very first started. :rolleyes:

Normal EE day today and then back at work tomorrow with an SP day. I've already had my baked oats and my slow cooker is on for an sp stew ready to take to work tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.x
:bunnydance:

Writing that last post has made me wonder about your slimming world obsessions and loves.

What are you loving at the moment??
What are your recent discoveries??

I'm currently loving baked oats!! My usual overnight oats but with an egg cracked in and baked for half hour..... Not the quickest breakfast (especially as you need to let it cool down for 10mins before scoffing) but it's like eating cake for breakfast!!!!...... And who doesn't love cake for breakfast!! :eat:...... Yes I do allow a couple of syns for the cooked berries.

Hi Lotte! I saw your post in the heb thread so hunted out your diary :)

It sounds like you're doing so well at the moment, I'm really pleased the SP days worked for you! I can throw a couple of ideas in for your questions of what I'm loving at the moment and what my recent discoveries are.

For the first one, there are 2 things. One is for breakfast, which is chopped fruit (I usually have apple, Satsuma, blueberries and nectarine) with fat free natural yogurt and a sprinking of mixed spice. It tastes like warm Christmassey, Novembery, pumpkin-spice-latee'y goodness in a bowl and is syn-free! The other thing, which isn't so exciting but I still love the flavour of, is the most basic soup imaginable! I just chop carrot, mushrooms and celery, throw them in a pan with some water and a chicken stock cube and boil until cooked. I'm not sure if stock cubes are ok on SP days but I have them anyway. It's kind of a super quick chicken and veg soup (chicken would go well in it but I'm just not that keen on chicken so usually leave it out) and I take it to work in a thermos. It's also lovely with some cooked rice thrown in and that makes it more filling (though no good on an SP day). Only takes about 20 minutes to make so good if you're in a rush.

For question two, my recent discovery is something I made up completely and am a little obsessed with! I cook mushrooms in Frylight with a crushed clove of garlic. I then throw in a tub of courgette spaghetti and cook until soft. Then I'll cook a little bit of normal spaghetti and mix in the mushrooms and courgette. I then cook some bacon in the oven until it's so crispy I can snap it, break it up and throw that in too. I'll put in a handful of fresh chopped basil, my HEA of grated cheddar and a couple of tbsp. of Flora Light (2 syns per spoon) to make it extra stodgy and then tuck in! It can be syn free if the margarine is left out and it tastes so good it should be bad! :D

Wednesday EE day

Breakfast -
fruit salad (apple, pear, satsuma)
baked oats (oats, flax seed, mulller light, egg, berries) [3syns]. 2x coffee [1syn for milk]

Lunch -
Baked potato
Brand
Salad with fat free vinegarette

Snack -
Banana and grapes.
Green tea

Dinner -
Smothered chicken (chicken breast, bacon with fat removed, bbq sauce [4syns] and healthy extra cheese.)
Mash potatos [4syns for butter]
Carrots

Water = 3bottles + 3pints
Total syns = 12syns

Last edited:
Back