MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

So sorry to hear about your brother, Moonwatcher. Such sad news and so awful for you to have to deal with this twice.

Dealing with a death is always horrible but I have a bit of personal experience with very similar circumstances and know how terribly hard the shock of something like this is - a close friend was found dead is his flat two years ago by the police after he didn't turn up for work and no-one could contact him. You go through so many thoughts. All of which are normal. If talking about it on here is easier then please use us for support.

I think if what has happened has focussed your mind on health then concentrating on that is exactly what you should be doing. Having something to focus yourself on in a positive way can be a huge comfort.

Take care and remember we are here if you need us x And hug your cat. That always helps a little.

Thanks ladies. We were allowed the keys to the flat yesterday, as the coroner is satisfied there was no foul play. Funeral Director appointment on Monday pm, so we should get a date for the cremation, then it is all the probate paperwork etc. Couldn't manage a breakfast yesterday, but made myself eat a ham and mustard gf sandwich for lunch before leaving for his flat. Got home about 6.00 ish, was totally drained so we got chips and I made a small chip butty with some gf bread, had some chestnuts and a glass of red wine. Not exactly a healthy evening, but was all I could deal with. Still within calories when I entered it into MFP, which was a surprise. Probably won't be around much for a few days, but will update properly when I can.

Thanks again for your support. xx

At times like yesterday food tends to be fuel rather than much else and absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Will be thinking of you, hope things are as good as they can be x

At times like yesterday food tends to be fuel rather than much else and absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Will be thinking of you, hope things are as good as they can be x

The chips were really welcome Atomic. It was incredibly draining starting the sort out of his flat, especially as it was a bit like one of those TV programmes about people who hoard stuff. I think he had kept every piece of paper he had ever had for the last twenty years and we have to go through every piece to see if he left a will.

Anyway, we have the Funeral Director's appointment this afternoon to start arranging the cremation. All three of us are in agreement that he would have wanted Meat Loaf's 'Bat Out Of Hell' played to 'go out to' so that is one thing sorted anyway. I am at home today with a stinking cold type bug - have lost my voice again!

I have decided that I will start a diary in the Calorie Counting section of minis. I will be updating there from now on. For the moment I am committed to calorie counting after the reset, so it makes sense. Everybody welcome. The link is in my signature below, or if you are on a 'phone and can't see the link it is 'Moonwatcher's Calorie Counting Adventure.' I am going to try to get back into the habit of posting pics of my food again, but for some reason the minis app keeps crashing when I try to post a pic direct from my phone.

Please come along and see me there!

Well, it seems an age since I posted on Minis - I have been posting on my other diary until a few weeks ago, but not here. Have had some pretty awful weeks - incredibly busy work-wise with the exams - often a pretty demoralising time as we read and scribe for 'our' kids, and lovely though they are, exam time and exams are not good times for them! Have also been dealing with a court defence (long story, but basically something that was done and dusted about 5 years ago, but has reared its ugly head again, with a new solicitor, and some 'grey' areas which seem to give them carte blanche to act unethically.) Waiting to hear from the court about that. Other minor stuff going on as well. I have been nowhere near the scales for ages, but my clothes tell a grim story!

On a more positive note...OH and I have decided to go for a complete garden makeover this year/next year. We have a large-ish garden and need it to be lower maintenance. It seems to be a constant hard slog to keep on top of it, and although I enjoy gardening, the hard slog means that neither of us have been enjoying it very much for a while, which has meant it has been neglected, which then makes it less inviting to get started on... We are also tarting up our vintage caravan for some weekends away, hopefully later in the year, when we can afford to get a large tow car, which will do double duty for the collecting and dumping of stuff from the garden changes. Actually, I'm not absolutely sure why any of that is good news in the short term, as it all means a lot of work to achieve what we want! :D Ho-hum.

Anyway, the reason for updating on this diary now, instead of my other one, is that I am very seriously considering coming back to WW. Looking back over my previous diaries (!) and my previous weight loss, my most consistent long term losses or maintenance of those losses, were on WW. I think I need something with a defined structure, although I will take it slow and steady, as I do not want to get back into that long term, up/down plateau stage again. I am thinking about joining online with the current 3 month special offer, which saves about £30. I haven't set a start date yet = possibly this Sunday or Monday, after payday and some food shopping!

Welcome Back MW :) It seems as though you have been having a very stressful time but your garden plans sound fab! Look forward to you maybe restarting WW, always loved reading your diary. X

heya MW :D
good luck with gettin started back on ww :)
its really picked up again on minis the last couple of months so the everlasting help and support will be with u all the way :)
ur garden plans sound great!
x

Sorry things have been difficult recently, fingers crossed they will start improving soon.

I went back on WW just as you went AWOL. I have been far from perfect with a holiday and celebrating a new job a little too much but I feel more in control than I have for a while and the scales are making some microscopic progress.

If you are thinking of signing up for the online access there is a cash back deal at the moment (that I used when I signed up) that gives you £30 back. Definitely worth having a google for it. It makes the first 3 months almost free which makes it a lot easier to just bite the bullet and give it a go I reckon.

Welcome Back MW :) It seems as though you have been having a very stressful time but your garden plans sound fab! Look forward to you maybe restarting WW, always loved reading your diary. X

heya MW :D
good luck with gettin started back on ww :)
its really picked up again on minis the last couple of months so the everlasting help and support will be with u all the way :)
ur garden plans sound great!
x

Sorry things have been difficult recently, fingers crossed they will start improving soon.

I went back on WW just as you went AWOL. I have been far from perfect with a holiday and celebrating a new job a little too much but I feel more in control than I have for a while and the scales are making some microscopic progress.

If you are thinking of signing up for the online access there is a cash back deal at the moment (that I used when I signed up) that gives you £30 back. Definitely worth having a google for it. It makes the first 3 months almost free which makes it a lot easier to just bite the bullet and give it a go I reckon.

Thanks for the welcome back ladies.

Thanks for the hint on the cashback Atomic. I signed up for the 'more than 50%' off three month deal, also with £30 cashback to come, which means they will actually have paid me a few pence for the three months!

Well, here I am, officially back on WW! Today's points are a bit higher than I would normally aim for for 'day one' but initially I was planning to start tomorrow, then found out today that I will be out on a trip with some Year 10s tomorrow at the coast, so I thought I really ought to start today, or I would be inclined to wait until Wednesday! Will WI at the weekend, although it won't be quite a full week. Just about to get another glass of water and will then update with points.

Monday 23rd June 2014

Breakfast: 125g Lidl Greek Yogurt (4pp)

Lunch: Tuna and cheddar sandwich with chopped onion, chopped green chili, lettuce and salad cream light, 2 scrapings of butter, 8 cherry plum tomatoes, handful of fresh cherries, small braeburn apple (10pp)

Dinner: Large salad of mixed leaves, tomatoes, radishes, orange pepper, beetroot with two pork sausages, two Lidl sweet chilli beef kebabs, a drizzle each of Tesco Light Choices caesar dressing and Healthy Living balsamic dressing (both zero pp for 15ml!), 150g new potatoes, par boiled, then oven roasted in a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs. I followed this massive plateful with a bowl of fresh strawberries, level teaspoon of sugar and a squirt of spray cream, and 3 fresh lychees! (21pp)

Drinks: plenty of water with fresh lemon slices, splash of milk in two earl grey teas and a vanilla chai tea (1pp)

Day one totals: 36PP, (30 dailies and 6 weeklies, 43 weeklies remaining) APs 2 - for walking to and from and around school.

I am off to the beach tomorrow with some Year 10s, so have packed cheese salad sarnies, cherry toms, cherries and an apple. There will be a bit of walking and maybe an ice cream! In true preparation for the English weather I have also packed sun cream, two hats, a cardi, an umbrella and a fold up waterproof poncho! Oh, and about 15 spare pencils because the kids always forget to take them!

Hi Anna and welcome.

I am feeling very good about coming back to WW - have tried others, but must admit I feel happiest with WW.

I'm loving your preparation MW! All Seasons covered!

VERY jealous of your lychees, not had them in AGES! Have u ever tried Rambutans?

Hope your Trip goes well today, which Coast are you going to? X

How was the trip? I suspect you were prepared whatever happened!

Very nice to see you back posting your tasty food (and with pictures again - yay!). Do you regret trying different things last year? I think we tried very similar things through last year and came back to the same place, didn't we?

Looking like a great start yesterday.

I'm loving your preparation MW! All Seasons covered!

VERY jealous of your lychees, not had them in AGES! Have u ever tried Rambutans?

Hope your Trip goes well today, which Coast are you going to? X

How was the trip? I suspect you were prepared whatever happened!

Very nice to see you back posting your tasty food (and with pictures again - yay!). Do you regret trying different things last year? I think we tried very similar things through last year and came back to the same place, didn't we?

Looking like a great start yesterday.

I have had Rambutans a long time ago. I seem to remember they were very similar to lychees? We went to Hunstanton. It was a perfect day for it - warm, but not too hot, and the rain held off until we were in the coach on the way home. I spent about three hours strolling back and forth along the promenade and sitting on a bench watching the kids and the sea. It was a great day, as a work day goes!

I think I do regret 'messing around' last year, but I don't regret trying out the reset as I think the more natural attitude to food and dieting is worthwhile. I suppose that sounds odd, as WW is so structured, but I think the two can work together. A relaxed, structured aporoach! I just want to get on with it this year (and next year no doubt!)

Will update today's food later, or perhaps tomorrow, as I need to sort out tomorrow's lunch and head to bed. It is all tracked, anyway!

Back