MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Aw no! :( Don't worry about not being here more often, just focus on making sure that you get better asap! xx You can't be ill for Christmas! Take care of yourself Pat, sorry to hear you had to miss the panto and the end of term celebrations, on the bright side, you won't be offered all of the Christmas biscuits/choccies :p

Pigeon sounds interesting, I'll add it to my things-to-do-before-i-die list :) *hugs* Good luck for your WI!

Awww, sorry you aren't feeling well but hopefully a couple of days rest rather than rushing around for the end of term should see you much improved before christmas.

I really wouldn't worry about the not pointing stuff at the moment. I gave up a week ago with mixed results. Sometimes I think I have had things because I know I can but generally I may have eaten slightly different things but overall haven't really eaten that much more than usual.

Thanks Libby and Atomic. Purely for medicinal purposes I am imbibing hot toddies! Staying in today - was going to go out this afternoon/evening for some food and last minute shopping, but leaving that 'til tomorrow now - hopefully will feel a bit better, and it will be daylight, rather than going out tonight in the dark! I do love Christmas, so *nothing* will confine me to bed for the duration!

Because I actually have some spare cash this year, now OH is not self employed and I have changed to full time, I have bought some cushion covers just for Christmas - a tasteful selection of self patterned Christmas red, and gold with sparklies! Not too over the top, but they do match the other decs and I'm ridiculously happy to have them! Our sofas are black, with the rest of the room mainly shades of cream, so I can change the look of the whole room just by changing the cushions and throws for around £20 -£30!

I agree Atomic, I'm not pointing properly now until after Christmas. I will be interested to see what the scales say tomorrow, as like you I have eaten some things because I 'can' but other times I find I'm eating a lot less than I would have done in the past. When I was getting ready for the second Christmas dinner in two days (!) I was a bit peckish, so I had had a snack to tide me over 'til 8.00 o'clock, but then I found myself in the kitchen, cramming in some pieces of a cheese and onion pasty I had bought home for the OH! Wasn't even hungry and didn't even like it that much, but it was as if a switch had been thrown to say 'well you're having Christmas dinners out, not counting, so eat...' It was quite an eye opener as I realised that is the mentality that has always been there in the past, the difference is I wasn't so aware of it. So I made myself leave the rest of the pasty, even though there was 'only' a third of it left, and it has made me very conscious of my eating habits over past Christmases. Conscious in a good way though - I'm pretty sure I will gain a bit over Christmas and the New Year, but I feel as if I will be relaxing in a controlled way! Some years I have managed to gain nearly a stone, so we will see. I have set myself a target to lose 3-4 stone next year, and for the first time I can remember, I am confident that next January will be simply continuing the weight loss I have already started, and just calmly getting back on track with the food and the exercise again, instead of getting to the end of January and feeling overwhelmed by the weight I need to lose.

Chilli and Ginger burgers in a bap with gherkins, onion, salad and chilli ketchup tonight. Present wrapping first.

Out shopping most of the day tomorrow, so will have something for brekkie before we go, and then see what pans out.

Oh and btw, my secret santa presi arrived last week, in case the sender was wondering. Thank you. It is under the tree for Christmas day!

Burgers sound excellent and its lovely to hear people being in the festive spirit :)

I agree very much about "relaxing in a controlled way". That's pretty much been my experience *so far* (fingers crossed it remains that way). This week has featured pate, muffins and dumplings with stew. These are all things I wouldn't usually eat but I have found I have felt more satisifed and fuller from them so have eaten less snacks generally. I used to eat all the time just because I "fancied" something and practically lived in fear of being hungry but I do find these days that I am much more attuned to my actual appetite (which is much smaller than it used to be in itself) and very rarely eat just because I want to, its much more linked to how much I actually need to eat. Its something I might try and remember when back on plan in January - sometimes a smaller portion of something higher in calories can be much more satisfying than loads of a lower calorie substitute.

Burgers sound excellent and its lovely to hear people being in the festive spirit :)

I agree very much about "relaxing in a controlled way". That's pretty much been my experience *so far* (fingers crossed it remains that way). This week has featured pate, muffins and dumplings with stew. These are all things I wouldn't usually eat but I have found I have felt more satisifed and fuller from them so have eaten less snacks generally. I used to eat all the time just because I "fancied" something and practically lived in fear of being hungry but I do find these days that I am much more attuned to my actual appetite (which is much smaller than it used to be in itself) and very rarely eat just because I want to, its much more linked to how much I actually need to eat. Its something I might try and remember when back on plan in January - sometimes a smaller portion of something higher in calories can be much more satisfying than loads of a lower calorie substitute.

The burgers were Tesco's chilled ones - couldn't taste the chilli or ginger much, but then we do like quite strong chilli flavours! They were very tasty though. Mmmmm pate - just bought two of Tesco's finest - coarse pork with ham and figs, and smooth pork with champagne and truffle - and you get the two little pate crocks too! I'm a bit of a sucker for little dishes!

Feeling quite a bit better today - sore from the coughing, but have my voice back almost to normal, and less coughing, so looking good for Christmas!

WI this morning shows me up half a pound for the last two weeks, so that's up 2lbs in the last 3 weeks, but I'm OK with that in for this time of year.

Been shopping today for food and goodies, plus one last minute present. Also been delivering presents and cards. Then came back home, put on the Christmas CDs and unpacked whilst singing along. Have watched Christmas Carol, so am ready to go!

Although I'm not pointing I'm going to log my food here when I get online, as I think it will help me to keep a leash on the goodies!

Breakfast/Brunch - Egg and HP sarnis with 3 pieces of bread and one and a half eggs
'Lunch' (after shopping) - one jam doughnut with a cup of coffee and cream, half an oaty choc biscuit
'Dinner' - 9 chilli cocktail sausages, one piece bread and butter, chilli ketchup, one pack cheese curls and one pack cheese puffs, can of strongbow,
Other drinks and snacks - two cups of tea, NAS squash, few sips of homemade sloe gin and plum vodka (the labels had fallen off, so had to test them both to re-label!), 4 dark choc flavorina rings from Lidl

Yep, Christmas is here! :D

Out of curiosity just totted up the points and they come to 49 (28 dailies and 21 weeklies). Ouch

All sounds fab :)

The pates you got sound fab. I just got a fairly standard ardennes pate from sainsburys that they have all year. Absolutely bloody delicious though! Especially as I am letting myself eat the homemade bread we always have in the house at the moment :)

I have been tempted to add up the points I have been eating out of curiosity but have avoided it so far. I think the real enjoyment for me has been not weighing things so it would be a bit difficult to estimate. Honest. That's definitely the only reason... *nonchalent whistle*

And the gain is pretty conversative over several weeks at this time of year so you've obviously done well with balancing moderation and enjoying yourself.

Not been online for several days as OH and I always have a 'no computer' pact over Christmas, so that we can concentrate on the fire, the TV and the food and drink! Unfortunately the cough has stayed with me right through Christmas (gradually easing now), so although it definitely didn't spoil Christmas, we haven't cooked as many 'real' meals as I'd planned - really didn't feel like cooking and eating properly - more just picked at bits and pieces.

For proper meals I managed turkey, pork, caramelised onion and pork stuffing, sprouts, honey mustard and sesame roasted root veg, red cabbage with onions and apple, gravy, roasties, cranberry and apple sauces on Christmas day, went for a walk at the beach on Boxing day so had a Christmas picnic of sausage rolls, mince pies, crisps, dates, etc. Have also enjoyed cold meats with the leftover red cabbage and bubble and squeak, a cooked brunch yesterday of chipolatas, bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms. Many, many sausage rolls and mince pies, chocs, dates, crisps and crispy things, nuts, pate, cheese and biscuits have also been enjoyed, and more than a few G & Ts, elderflower cordial, ginger cordial, J20s, elderflower liqueur, wine, cider, pineapple and coconut juice... oh and other stuff!

Didn't WI this morning, and am now trying to decide when to get back on PP counting... we have Sunday roast beef dinner tomorrow and a meal out at step-sons on Tuesday night... think I will start counting from tomorrow, even if I go over a bit until next Saturday, and WI then to get an overall picture of the Christmas break.

There are still loads of Christmas goodies in the house, but I am aware I need to get back into some sort of plan, even though they will be calling me!

OH is in the kitchen getting out the cheese, pate and biscuits, and the christmas pud with extra thick double cream, so it is fair to say that I can confirm I am not starting today! :cool:

Definitely sounds like a "start tomorrow" sort of night! Mmmmm cheese and pate...

Sorry to hear that the cough and lurgy didn't fully clear up before christmas but glad to hear that you managed to have a good christmas anyway. Everything sounds very very very delicious. Was the elderflower liquier the one from Lidl? That featured very heavily in my christmas day consumption in the form of elderflower and prosecco cocktails. Mmmmmmm. I also have a roast beef dinner tomorrow, at my dad's. His new girlfriend is an ex chef so the food is always fabulous but she does have a tendency to try and kill you with generiosity. Definitely not the day for me to start back on plan either. At least we are thinking about it - it is the thought that counts afterall ;)

Definitely sounds like a "start tomorrow" sort of night! Mmmmm cheese and pate...

Sorry to hear that the cough and lurgy didn't fully clear up before christmas but glad to hear that you managed to have a good christmas anyway. Everything sounds very very very delicious. Was the elderflower liquier the one from Lidl? That featured very heavily in my christmas day consumption in the form of elderflower and prosecco cocktails. Mmmmmmm. I also have a roast beef dinner tomorrow, at my dad's. His new girlfriend is an ex chef so the food is always fabulous but she does have a tendency to try and kill you with generiosity. Definitely not the day for me to start back on plan either. At least we are thinking about it - it is the thought that counts afterall ;)

Yes it was the Lidl's Elderflower liqueur that you mentioned in your diary. Thanks for the recommendation - it goes very well with cava too!

Food for Sunday 30th December

Breakfast -
one chocolate Rich Tea biscuit and a Kahlua liqueur coffee! (8PP)

Lunch - egg and bacon on toast, mushrooms, tomatoes, HP sauce, satsuma (13PP)

Dinner
- although I had slow cooked the beef in the slow cooker we didn't really fancy a cooked dinner, so instead had WW wheat and oat crackers, pate and a little cream cheese with garlic, pickled onions and gherkins, an apple, small packer worcester sauce french fries (9PP)

Snacks - one pack Tesco crispy fries and two dairy milk chocolates (7PP)

Drinks
- NAS squash, diet tonic and pepsi, one cup tea with a splash of milk

Totals for the day - 37PP, 28 dailies and 9 weeklies

Very much liking your style with the liquer coffee for breakfast! ;)

I bought some expresso amaretto before christmas and have very very much enjoying that in a coffee. I will definitely miss it when fully back on track.

Very much liking your style with the liquer coffee for breakfast! ;)

I bought some expresso amaretto before christmas and have very very much enjoying that in a coffee. I will definitely miss it when fully back on track.

Yep, that is the problem - now I'm used to a snifter of liqueur coffee, and feel like I'm missing out at the moment if I don't have at least one a day! Perhaps I can cut it down to one or two at the weekends only!

Food for Monday 31st December

Well I'm counting. I'm still eating too much, but I am counting!

Brunch
- scrambled eggs, streaky bacon, two pieces toast, mushrooms, tomatoes, tspn butter, HP sauce (12PP)

Dinner
- Total 28PP. OH was called out on an emergency job today and that meant he was quite late home, so on the way he picked up a Sainsbury's boxed chinese takeaway meal. It was better than I thought it would be, although the rice had gone a bit crispy in the oven! Totalled it up from the NI on the box today and it came in at 23PP. It was: egg fried rice, chicken with spring onion and ginger, duck in plum sauce, 3 small veg spring rolls. Followed it with a black forest chocolate and cherry chilled dessert - guessing that at 5PP

Snacks
- one packet of worcester sauce french fries (2PP), one apple

Drinks
- Green tea, NAS squash, one gin and diet tonic (2PP)

Totals for the day 44PP, 28 dailies and 16 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 24 (not strictly accurate as I normally start my week on Saturday, and I didn't track until Sunday!)

Happy New Year to everybody. :D

I keep meaning to say thanks to secret santa for my WW cookery book. Once I am properly back in the 'zone' I will be trying out some of the recipes. OH and I have already had a drool over it!

Well done for starting to count again. I haven't quite got that far but am planning to start tomorrow. I think just writing things down really does help as you can't hide from what you are eating that way. I dont think I have gone crazy with food over christmas but when I really really start to think about it there is all the tiny tastes of cheese or ham, the amaretto coffee, the single chocolate while walking past and that all adds up.

I'm quite surprised by the points in the supermarket chinese as well, that's not *too* bad really, was it nice? The dessert sounds lush, chocolate and cherries are one of my favourites. One of the things lurking around which is going to be most hard to resist is the yearly box of marks and spencers dark chocolate cherry brandies that my grandparents buy me every christmas. Mmmmm. I think they are only 47 calories per chocolate so one or two wouldn't be totally prohibitted but its the stopping at one or two that gets tricky isn't it??

When are you back at work? I was in on Monday and back tomorrow. Really not looking forward to going back to a 5 day week next week :(

Tuesday 1st January

Breakfast -
none, as up very late

Lunch - WW wheat and oat crackers with soft cheese and herbs, slice of emmental, pickled onions and gherkins (7PP)

Dinner - roast beef with gravy, maple roasted parsnips and carrots, sprouts with chorizo and toasted almonds, roast potatoes, one small yorkie and gravy (22PP)

Snacks
- handful of hoisin duck crisps (3PP)

Drinks
- NAS squash, small irish coffee with cream (4PP), glass of strongbow (4PP), water

Totals for today - 40, 28 dailies and 12 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 12
APs - just earned one or two for a walk down to the shops and back

Knee cartilage playing up quite badly over the last three days - it's definitely missing the exercise whilst I have been slobbing on the sofa over the last 10 days!

Back