MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

I've been Veggie since birth so have never eaten 'real' pâté, Ive bought some awful ones from H&B so thinking this night be a better alternative!

Oh and I can't take responsibility or credit for my acute accent, it's all due to auto correct on the iPhone or iPad!!!

I've just put kettle on too, it's FREEZING here today :-( x

I know what you mean about the veggie pâtés - to me, they always seemed to have a really strange texture.

My kindle doesn't give me any accented options and I don't think my 'phone does either, but I have discovered if I change my kindle keyboard to French then obviously it does!

I know what you mean about the veggie pâtés - to me, they always seemed to have a really strange texture.

My kindle doesn't give me any accented options and I don't think my 'phone does either, but I have discovered if I change my kindle keyboard to French then obviously it does!

Oui Oui! I'm fancying pâté now!!! X

Update (again) for yesterday, Saturday October 12th

Breakfast - 2 slices of gluten free toast, with butter and marmalade, cup of earl grey tea with milk

Elevenses - coffee with cream and 6 pieces of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, a cup of vanilla chai tea with milk

Lunch - fishy heaven on a plate! Peppered mackerel fillet with tomatoes, red pepper, sweetfire beetroot, lettuce, black olives with wasabi and lime mayonnaise and toasted sesame seeds, followed by a thick and creamy Amore mango yogurt

mackerel salad.jpg

Afternoon snack - one piece of the freshly made gluten free carrot cake with an earl grey tea and milk

cake.jpg carrot cake.jpg

Naked cake here -no topping yet!

Dinner - the chicken thighs were off (sob) so dinner morphed into beef and butterbean stew with turnips, carrots, onion, leek and potatoes. Very tasty it was too!

Other snack - 5 lightly salted kettle crisps - my crisp of choice at the moment, and they are made here in Norwich too. Do have to portion out the large packets, but so far I have managed that with no crisp-gate disasters!

Calories for the day 2200/2160 (+ 40 calories for the day)

Picture of the gluten free pastry based quiche.

[quiche.jpg

Actually I will have to eat my words (as well as the quiche!) on this one. Once out of the oven and cooled, the whole thing turned out of the dish in one piece and cut perfectly into 12 portions which can be picked up to eat. The pastry effect is rather 'rustic' as I couldn't roll it, so just hand pushed it up the sides of the dish, but definitely more of a success than I had thought it would be. OH has had a piece and I tried a bite. Tasty, but need to have small pieces as I used traditional filling ingredients, including cream, cheese and bacon, hence the 12 small portions. OH was not impressed about the portion size, but he can always have two slices!

Wow MW, your Quiche/Cake look soooooo yummy! How many Cals in a 12th of that Quiche? Bet it tastes so yummy tho!!! Carrot Cake is one Cake Ive never made can you believe! X PS-Did u manage to watch the 'Free' GBBO? X

Last edited:
Gorgeous looking quiche and carrot cake :) Glad the gluten free pastry was a success in the end. If its difficult to roll it make be worth freezing slightly and then grating over the tin and pushing into shape? I've seen fancy-pants chef do it on tv sometimes so it must work ;)

I did realise after the "Ipswich to Nottingham" comment that it might not make sense unless you remembered that I was from Ipswich originally.

Quiche and carrot cake look fab never made either myself would love to try

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Carrot cake is my favourite cake I'm so jealous right now!!! Xx

Wow MW, your Quiche/Cake look soooooo yummy! How many Cals in a 12th of that Quiche? Bet it tastes so yummy tho!!! Carrot Cake is one Cake Ive never made can you believe! X PS-Did u manage to watch the 'Free' GBBO? X

Each 12th slice has 330 calories, but that was using double cream with the eggs, cheese and bacon. Another time I would probably use something lower calorie than double cream! They are small in width but quite deep, so for me at the moment on TDEE calories they are OK for a morning snack or part of lunch. Haven't watched the GBBO yet - looked it up on BBC IPlayer and it is on for a month (it was this Monday's episode?) OH and I have had an afternoon in front of the TV, but decided to catch up on Atlantis, for a bit of mythological mindless TV!

You could try some carrot cake muffins adapting your muffin recipes.

Gorgeous looking quiche and carrot cake :) Glad the gluten free pastry was a success in the end. If its difficult to roll it make be worth freezing slightly and then grating over the tin and pushing into shape? I've seen fancy-pants chef do it on tv sometimes so it must work ;)

I may try that another time - I should think it would be good for a base for sweet things, like an egg custard, as this mix would probably cook a bit like a lattice if you got it right. It used a mix of brown rice flour and polenta with butter. I have a few other variations to try to see which we prefer. It is a bit frustrating, as I have always found pastry so easy, but I'll get there!

Quiche and carrot cake look fab never made either myself would love to try

They're both quite easy really. You do quite a bit of cooking, I bet you could do them. I'm experimenting with the gluten free stuff, so sort of starting again with some of my cooking. We both thought the carrot cake was the best version we had ever had though.

Carrot cake is my favourite cake I'm so jealous right now!!! Xx

Definitely got some carrot cake fans here by the looks of it!

For all WW/SW carrot cake fans, there is a version using scan bran and/or weetabix as a base instead of flour, which is pretty good. Sure the recipe will be on Minis somewhere. As I used a non slimming version mine came out to around 300 cals a slice I think (can't remember exact figure at the moment), before any icing.

Each 12th slice has 330 calories, but that was using double cream with the eggs, cheese and bacon. Another time I would probably use something lower calorie than double cream! They are small in width but quite deep, so for me at the moment on TDEE calories they are OK for a morning snack or part of lunch. Haven't watched the GBBO yet - looked it up on BBC IPlayer and it is on for a month (it was this Monday's episode?) OH and I have had an afternoon in front of the TV, but decided to catch up on Atlantis, for a bit of mythological mindless TV!

You could try some carrot cake muffins adapting your muffin recipes.

I may try that another time - I should think it would be good for a base for sweet things, like an egg custard, as this mix would probably cook a bit like a lattice if you got it right. It used a mix of brown rice flour and polenta with butter. I have a few other variations to try to see which we prefer. It is a bit frustrating, as I have always found pastry so easy, but I'll get there!

They're both quite easy really. You do quite a bit of cooking, I bet you could do them. I'm experimenting with the gluten free stuff, so sort of starting again with some of my cooking. We both thought the carrot cake was the best version we had ever had though.

Definitely got some carrot cake fans here by the looks of it!

For all WW/SW carrot cake fans, there is a version using scan bran and/or weetabix as a base instead of flour, which is pretty good. Sure the recipe will be on Minis somewhere. As I used a non slimming version mine came out to around 300 cals a slice I think (can't remember exact figure at the moment), before any icing.

I think that might be a challenge, Carrot Muffins, need to Make Cheese and then Coffee and Walnut first! Too many Muffins, not enough time! X

Coffee and walnut is one of my favourite cakes. I always think that about food and recipes - so many recipe books, so little time!

Coffee and walnut is one of my favourite cakes. I always think that about food and recipes - so many recipe books, so little time!

One Bestie wants Cheese (Thats tweaked, 5pp each) but not worked on Coffee and Walnut yet, PP could be high cos of the Walnuts.x

Yes nuts are high, but walnuts are pretty strongly flavoured so maybe finely chopped you wouldn't need too many.

It shall be my mission! I don't like to 'spend' more than 7pp each I can help it! X

Had a lovely day today. Morning lie in with cake, roast dinner with trifle and an afternoon in front of the TV with the fire blazing away. Quick update and then watching Downton with a piece of quiche.

Breakfast - piece of toasted home made gluten free fruit loaf with butter, cup of earl grey with milk

Mid morning - 5 chunks of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, cup of tea

Roast Dinner - roast pork with runner beans, carrots, cauliflower and roast parsnips, roast potatoes, gravy, apple sauce and a couple of gluten free yorkies (tasty but a bit flat, as had to open the oven door to put the parsnips in, which I had forgotten!) home made citrus trifle with a little cream

Later - another portion of the trifle - should really have had some fresh fruit, but it is a lazy Sunday - an apple doesn't really cut it.

Later still - a slice of quiche with bbq sauce

Other - water, two small bottles of diet coke, a glass of First Cape Cafe Collection Rose wine.

Calories for the day - 2185/2160 (+ 25 calories)

Had a lovely day today. Morning lie in with cake, roast dinner with trifle and an afternoon in front of the TV with the fire blazing away. Quick update and then watching Downton with a piece of quiche.

Breakfast - piece of toasted home made gluten free fruit loaf with butter, cup of earl grey with milk

Roast Dinner - roast pork with runner beans, carrots, cauliflower and roast parsnips, roast potatoes, gravy, apple sauce and a couple of gluten free yorkies (tasty but a bit flat, as had to open the oven door to put the parsnips in, which I had forgotten!) home made citrus trifle with a little cream

Later - another portion of the trifle - should really have had some fresh fruit, but it is a lazy Sunday - an apple doesn't really cut it.

Other - water, two small bottles of diet coke, a glass of First Cape Cafe Collection Rose wine.

OMG MW! All that and only 25cals over!!! I'm loving the sound of Double-Trifle. Very acceptable for Sunday!!! Do u make GF Yorkies in the same way as normal? X

Shhh don't let Serena see you had apple sauce on a roast dinner LOL

Shhh don't let Serena see you had apple sauce on a roast dinner LOL

I'd already seen that but trifle diverted my attention ;-) x

Sounds like a gorgeous sunday :) We had roast pork too. I had clotted cream ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce with Downtown though. I like our "diet" plan ;)

Loving the sounds of that you can really makr your cals stretch

Hey MW, just catching up on the last week.. you look to be getting the hang of it, and I'm glad it doesnt seem to be bothering you too much that you can pretty much eat as you wish as it is all part of the masterplan!! your food really does look yummy the last few days and you really have the hang of it!! well done, hope you're proud of yourself xxx

Back