MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

moonwatcher said:
As and when I think. Got to get this bike sorted out first - and I'd rather wait 'til I've lost some more I think. I can manage with what I've got at the moment, although will need to get a few tops for work in September. Got a few things last month from the charity shops - three really nice tops for around £8. I'll shop anywhere if it's a good enough bargain!

Oh yea me to when it comes to bargains ;0) that's good you have enough clothes for now and yup makes sense to get more when you're ready to!

Good job on the clear out hun, I love charity shops you get some right bargains.
Hope you are having a good day xx

Good job on the clear out hun, I love charity shops you get some right bargains.
Hope you are having a good day xx

Yeah, I've always picked up bits and pieces in them - although some people I know are really 'sniffy' about them. More fool them I say. Especially at the moment when I (hopefully) will not be wearing clothes for a long time, I can buy things to get me down through the sizes without wasting money on something that will soon be too big.

I should be doing a bit more of the wardrobe sort out now really, but feeling a bit low today, so having coffee and a computer session instead!

Yeah, I've always picked up bits and pieces in them - although some people I know are really 'sniffy' about them. More fool them I say. Especially at the moment when I (hopefully) will not be wearing clothes for a long time, I can buy things to get me down through the sizes without wasting money on something that will soon be too big.

I should be doing a bit more of the wardrobe sort out now really, but feeling a bit low today, so having coffee and a computer session instead!

Haha, well that has cheered me up anyway! I've just read that back - I didn't mean I wouldn't actually be wearing clothes for a long time! Ooh-er!

moonwatcher said:
Haha, well that has cheered me up anyway! I've just read that back - I didn't mean I wouldn't actually be wearing clothes for a long time! Ooh-er!

Aw sorry to hear you're feeling low but glad the no clothes cheered you up,can't believe me and Nessa missed that comment,we must be slipping lol ;0)

Aw sorry to hear you're feeling low but glad the no clothes cheered you up,can't believe me and Nessa missed that comment,we must be slipping lol ;0)

Must be something about Minimins - what with Nessa bra-less yesterday and now me with no clothes at all!

moonwatcher said:
Must be something about Minimins - what with Nessa bra-less yesterday and now me with no clothes at all!

LOL xx

Food for Tuesday 14th August

Breakfast - Cereal Bar - Total 2PP -
one Aldi Red Berries Cereal Bar (2PP)

Lunch - Cheese and Beetroot Sandwich - Total 11PP -
2 slices Seeded Bread (thickish slices so 7PP), 1oz Cheddar (3PP), one tbspn LF Salad Cream (1PP), 2 slices of Beetroot (0PP), one Orange (0PP)

Tea - Chicken and Lentil Curry, Berbere Spiced Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes, Nectarine - Total 13PP -
half a portion of home-made Chicken Curry with Coconut from freezer (4PP), 1oz Red Lentils (dry weight) (2PP), 4oz New Potatoes (2PP) and 3oz Sweet Potato (2PP), cubed and cooked in Halogen Oven with one tspn Olive Oil (1PP) and Berbere Spices, Mango Chutney dsspn (1PP), spoonful of Greek Yogurt (1PP), Nectarine (0PP)

Snacks - one pack Aldi Cheese Curls (2PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 30PP, 29 dailies and one weekly
One weekly remaining!
APs for the day - 5 (2 on Wii Fit, 3 on 30 mins of Cardio, a mix of Aerobics and Boxing (trying out my Library loans!)
APs for the week - 37

Weigh in tomorrow - actually feeling nervous which I don't usually. Think it's because I set a target for this week with a timescale and now I'm thinking I probably won't meet it! Oh well, will find out tomorrow - can't change anything now!

Last edited:
Good luck for weigh in Hun xx

Have you weighed In yet hun? Xx

Good luck for weigh in! xx

Hi everybody. Weighed in this morning and I am slap-bang on 15st! No amount of moving the scales around or leaning to one side or the other will tip it into the 14s! :sigh: That'll teach me to buy good scales!

So that's another pound off, but it has made me think that in the future I'm not going to set any timed goals - I'd normally be happy enough with a pound a week, but because I had set myself the goal of getting into the 14s by this Wednesday I feel like I've failed it - for the sake of 0.2 of a pound, which I know is absolutely stupid.

That is the main reason why I stopped going to classes, as over the years I've been in them all, but there is so much emphasis on what you weigh that one day of the week. I'd end up not enjoying the diet, and in an odd way more likely to have a bad week. Say I'd get to a couple of days before WI and hadn't had a brilliant week, I'd blow it by 'knowing' that I wasn't going to do well at WI, so 'may as well not bother, and start again after WI.' Doing it myself, although I do WI weekly, and record weekly, I know that I will probably nudge down into the 14s in a day or two. I'll even allow myself a mid-week WI to confirm it, and that's OK and works for me. If the mid-week weigh in didn't look so good, I know that I am so close, I just need to stay on track for the rest of the week. The emphasis on that one day a week has lessened, and I'm happy to keep plodding along, knowing that I'm getting there slowly but surely. At classes, no matter how lovely the class and the leader/consultant, I never felt that relaxed acceptance of what was happening on the scales. I suppose it's all about knowing your own psychology!

Anyway, that's the long winded way of saying 'I've lost a pound, really wanted a pound and a fifth (!), Hey-ho!' :cool:

Off to enter my details into My Fitness Coach on the Wii and see what personal programme it can come up with, then later on will look at some foodie mags for picnic inspiration over the next two weeks, for days out. Might have another session in the wardrobe. *Grits teeth and gets on with it* :)

Well done on the loss and as you say you know that 14 stone something mark will be hit soon enough..yea no added pressure doing WW at home :0) picnic for days out sound nice :0)

Back