MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

I was thinking the salmon or the chicken too. Have just discovered that they do 'bar snacks' only on Sundays though and the restaurant isn't open, so not sure exactly what they will have on. Will ring tomorrow and find out, but maybe will go later in the week instead.

I was thinking the salmon or the chicken too. Have just discovered that they do 'bar snacks' only on Sundays though and the restaurant isn't open, so not sure exactly what they will have on. Will ring tomorrow and find out, but maybe will go later in the week instead.

Well we've decided to go later in the week, because DH doesn't want to be limited to just the bar snacks, and I think generally bar snack type things are usually higher in PP than something from the full menu. It's also a horrible day here - really windy, rainy and very grey - not the sort of day you want to leave the warmth of the house unless you really have to! So we're staying in and having roast pork with apple and leek bake/gratin/thingy (will make that up as I go along!), roasties, gravy and veg.

Notes to self...

One bagel with butter and lemon curd for breakfast is OK, one and a half is unnecessary and is NOT excused by:

1) "They need eating up" - they don't, and you have a freezer anyway!
2) "The OH had already done them" - so, he didn't hold you down and make you eat it, did he?
3) "It's Sunday" - so?
4) "We don't have any jam left and I'll eat less of the lemon curd" :rolleyes:
5) "Well I did lose this week, even though I hadn't had a brilliant week and wasn't really expecting to, so this is a sort of reward" - that's got to be the weirdest logic and daftest excuse of the lot!

Was sitting here thinking about the excuses we make to ourselves when we are looking for a reason to eat something we know we should not have! :)

Oh, and by the way I did eat it!

Hi moonwalker, found your diary and popping over to subscribe.

Will have to have a look back through your diary when I have time but just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss so far. Really close to 3 stone is great!

And thank you for making me giggle! I found your "excuses" post above very funny and recognised many of them as things I have said to myself before. Especially the wierd logic of "I've had a loss when I didn't think I deserved one so I will treat myself with extra food". I have managed to get out of the habit of this most of the time these days, fingers crossed.

The dinner you have planned for today sounds scrummy :) And definitely right for a grotty, windy and cloud Sunday (that describes the weather here too).

Hi moonwalker, found your diary and popping over to subscribe.

Will have to have a look back through your diary when I have time but just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss so far. Really close to 3 stone is great!

And thank you for making me giggle! I found your "excuses" post above very funny and recognised many of them as things I have said to myself before. Especially the wierd logic of "I've had a loss when I didn't think I deserved one so I will treat myself with extra food". I have managed to get out of the habit of this most of the time these days, fingers crossed.

The dinner you have planned for today sounds scrummy :) And definitely right for a grotty, windy and cloud Sunday (that describes the weather here too).

Thanks Atomic, and thanks for dropping by.

Yes. I'm generally a lot better than I used to be with allowing these rubbish excuses to sabotage me! Unfortunately this time I didn't do any of the self-analysis until after I'd already eaten the extra half a bagel, but I suspect at a sub-conscious level even that was deliberate! ;)

I'm really looking forward to dinner, as pork is one of my favourite roasts, and also looking forward to the leek and apple 'thingy' - even though I'm not sure yet exactly what I'm going to do with it.

I'll be indulging in some crackling - no excuses for that - I just will! Me having roast pork without any crackling is about as likely as me eating low fat "butter." It's just not going to happen, diet or no diet! :D

Sunday 25th November

Quite a few weeklies consumed today even though we didn't go out - may have had less if we had! :)

Breakfast - one and a half bagels with butter and lemon curd (14PP)

Sunday lunch - roast pork with roasties tossed in one tbspn olive oil, parsnip, green beans, leek and apple bake and gravy, crackling (22PP)

Snacks
- 5 plums, stewed with tspn sugar and small portion home-made yogurt (4PP), one pink 'n' white wafer (1PP)

Drinks - green tea, earl grey teas with milk (1PP), coffee and cream (2PP), NAS squash

Totals - 44PP, 28 dailies and 16 weeklies
Weeklies remaining - 24
APs earned today - none

The leek and apple bake was absolutely scrummy-licious! I cored and sliced an eating apple, and fried it gently in one tspn olive oil, with a good sprinkling each of cinnamon and nutmeg. Then I added the sliced leek and cooked the whole lot on a low heat together for another 5 mins until the leeks were soft. I added one tbspn cream and 2 cheese triangles, mixed it all up until the triangles had melted, tipped it into a dish and kept it warm until we were ready. You could use real grated cheese, no cream - whatever you fancy really, and I think it would be nice turned into a gratin with breadcrumbs on top, but my version today cost me 2PP - one for half a tbspn of cream and one for the cheese triangle, and oh yep - another one PP for the oil, as I tend to use that quite often instead of fry-lite, but it would work without. Yum yum!

Although I've had a lot of weeklies today I'm still feeling peckish, so there may be something else to add before the end of the evening.

We will be out for two meals in the evenings this week - probably Tues and Weds, so I'll need to pick very carefully for those. On the remaining three days the plan is to stick to dailies, maybe just a very few weeklies, to leave the rest of my weeklies for the meals. We're also probably going to the pictures tomorrow late afternoon, but I've already cooked a chicken, lentil and bean curry to go in the slow cooker for when we get home, so we won't be tempted, and have tried out some sugar free jelly sweets by mixing a sugar free lime and raspberry jelly together, and setting with minimal amount of water - hopefully that will give me some jelly 'sweets' for the cinema!

Dinner sounds really good, and its just rude to forego the crackling. Mmmmm!

Quite intrigued by the idea of the jelly sweets, have you tried them out before? I really like jelly sweets but tend to avoid them completely as they are one thing I am not very good at just having one or two of :( Would be great to have something even halfway similar when I go to the cinema or something though.

Oh and by the way the reindeer was fantastic :) Definitely recommend a trip to Lidls ;)

No I've not tried the sweets before. I saw them on a forum ages ago - it may even have been on minimins. The poster gave exact amounts of water, but as I don't have the post saved I just winged it. I used just under half a pint for the two packets together, so about a quarter of the full amount of water. He/she cut them into jelly 'worms.' I suspect they may be a bit like when we used to eat the jelly cubes from the packet years ago! I'll report in after I've tried them tomorrow.

Will definitely be looking out for the reindeer next time I go to Lidl.

Have just downloaded a muppets ring tone to my mobile! 'M - nmm - nn - a, de-doo-de-dooda' Makes me smile every time I hear it! Oh well, simple things pleasing simple minds, and all that! :D

rest of saying goes "and bigger fools look on!" .. :giggle:

Love the list of excuses... one that you missed.."Shame to waste them/it"

rest of saying goes "and bigger fools look on!" .. :giggle:

Love the list of excuses... one that you missed.."Shame to waste them/it"

Oh Emm, that was one of my mum's favourite sayings, and I had completely forgotten the end of it. Thank you for the reminder.:)

No I've not tried the sweets before. I saw them on a forum ages ago - it may even have been on minimins. The poster gave exact amounts of water, but as I don't have the post saved I just winged it. I used just under half a pint for the two packets together, so about a quarter of the full amount of water. He/she cut them into jelly 'worms.' I suspect they may be a bit like when we used to eat the jelly cubes from the packet years ago! I'll report in after I've tried them tomorrow.

Will definitely be looking out for the reindeer next time I go to Lidl.

Well, the sweets weren't good! The flavour was OK, but they were just like eating jelly cubes out of the packet. As I went to bed though, I remembered that the 'recipe' used powdered gelatine as well as a very strong jelly mix, so I may give them another try with that. I don't think they'll ever be quite like real sweets, but presumably more gelatine will make them firmer and a bit more chewy.

Not updated since Sunday as we have been out every night so far this week! Three meals out in total, and now I'm off work with a sickness and diarrhoea bug :( (not related to the meals I hasten to add!) So my points are all over the place this week and my weight/fluid levels will probably follow suit. I'm going to stick to dailies today and tomorrow, with LOADS of water and green tea to flush everything through (ewwww!) and see what Saturday brings.

Oh dear! Not good that you have caught the sickness bug :( I had it last friday but it seems I got off very very lightly and it only lasted for a few hours. At least it was timed so that you got to enjoy the meals out first... Was it special occassions or justing going out because you wanted to?

Oh dear! Not good that you have caught the sickness bug :( I had it last friday but it seems I got off very very lightly and it only lasted for a few hours. At least it was timed so that you got to enjoy the meals out first... Was it special occassions or justing going out because you wanted to?

Sorry to hear you're sick :(

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling quite a bit better today - had curry tonight - kill or cure! Can't go back to work tomorrow though because we have to give it 48 hours after last bout of vomiting (sorry if too much info!) We had some vouchers to use Atomic - a 'groupon' and a 'tickles voucher', which run out tomorrow, and Monday is £3.99 night at the cinema, so we made the most of the cheap food and entertainment! I wanted to get it in at the beginning of the week, so I had a couple of days free for damage limitation!

Sounds like some great excuses ;)

Glad you feel better now. And a 3 day weekend that is completely not your fault can't be that bad, can it??

Back