My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Just one week left!! You're getting into some good habits with the exercise, I hope it continues to some degree after 1st April ;) You've done really well on that front.

As for your question... that's a tough one... if I never went on the diet which ultimately made me aware of my emotional eating and bad habits, at the weight of 259 lb (18st 7) back in 2008... I'd probably be near the 300lb mark by now. That is obviously speculation, but apart from random people making comments at me in the street, I didn't know how big I really was. I didn't know how and why I was eating ...

So, I guess, thanks for putting it into perspective... as I was feeling pretty down about my 1lb loss this week!!

At my height being near 300lb is really REALLY bad... so I'm pretty happy with my current 187 which is going down! :D

x

Haha no problem! 1 pound is still awesome, don't feel down about it. One pound of fat is a huge handful of the stuff, so it really is still good.

People never said stuff to be face to face or so I could hear them, at school or in public. But enduring people's stares on the streets was always tough for me. Would always catch people staring at me -__- In my area there are not many overweight people. At school and college I was one of three obese kids in my year...

300lbs is a good estimation, 4-5 years of continuing the bad habits could have landed you there or beyond. No way of knowing for sure though. So yeh 187 is pretty damn awesome.

Gosh! Your question scared me! Reminded me that if I didn't prepare mentally every day to stick to plan and make the right choices, if I chose to go back to how I ate before I would be at least 11st if not more. Which for my shortness and small frame (apart from hips!) is a lot to carry. In fact 26 March 2008 was when I started my first vlcd starting at exactly 11stones or a 154 pounds! I got to my 8st 7lb target by the August of 2008 only to spend the next 4 years losing and gaining a stone and a bit but never breaking that 9st barrier and never maintaining. I don't intend on wasting the next 4 years dieting but only working on maintenance once I reach goal. That of course will involved a life style change.

Hahah god that outlook really makes my current weight seem a lot better than I thought. I am now so glad I started losing weight.

Day 24

4 days left after today, I am feeling seriously fatigued. Very busy work week. Constant printing, filing, posting etc. Really drains me :( So it is hard to come home and exercise, but I have done it.

Can't wait for the official weigh-in, and to update that dreadful 21st 2lbs with, I am hoping, a 20st 10lbs or less :D

Even if I get a disappointing loss, it won't throw me off my stride. I will continue to keep up regular exercise, and my diet will stay 1750 calories.

I look forward to posting the big weigh-in result on Monday morning!

Re: My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 21]

You know? I'm also looking forward to you posting your result! I'm very curious :) I'm sure you'll do really well!! Though, in case you don't, I know that you know, that as you exercise, the muscles will soak up some water for repair :)
Plus, quite a few people over on the vlcd forums find that even with 800 odd calories per day + heavy exercise, they are not losing weight, but their body measurements decrease and they lose clothes sizes instead ;) I know you're aware of this by trying on clothes that were tight etc, but maybe you can start doing some actual measurements too?

Just a thought.

x

You know? I'm also looking forward to you posting your result! I'm very curious :) I'm sure you'll do really well!! Though, in case you don't, I know that you know, that as you exercise, the muscles will soak up some water for repair :)
Plus, quite a few people over on the vlcd forums find that even with 800 odd calories per day + heavy exercise, they are not losing weight, but their body measurements decrease and they lose clothes sizes instead ;) I know you're aware of this by trying on clothes that were tight etc, but maybe you can start doing some actual measurements too?

Just a thought.

x

Well new jeans I purchased only a week ago are already feeling more baggy :D

It is an achievement anyway, I managed to exercise everyday for a month. I completed the challenge! Well nearly... :p

Alex can't wait to read your results on Monday! Great that your new jeans are loose too! Those NSV's are as important as the number on the scale if not more!

Have great Easter weekend. X

Alex can't wait to read your results on Monday! Great that your new jeans are loose too! Those NSV's are as important as the number on the scale if not more!

Have great Easter weekend. X

Thanks Kira, it's nice to fit into clothes.

I'll have the results posted Monday morning - possibly afternoon :D

Wow, amazing diary :) It's given me food for thought, and a kick up the bum reading this!

I used to get hassle at school too - both ways! When I was younger, I was very ill and was stick thin, and people took the piss out of me. Then I had surgery, got better, and suddenly found an appetite and a love for the snack machines, and put on a lot of weight. I found my defense was to become a big personality so people were laughing with me and not at me, which worked most of the time, but some people are just asses!!

Just think - you can change your weight, but they can't change their attitude problem ;)

Good luck for weigh in on Monday!!

Wow, amazing diary :) It's given me food for thought, and a kick up the bum reading this!

I used to get hassle at school too - both ways! When I was younger, I was very ill and was stick thin, and people took the piss out of me. Then I had surgery, got better, and suddenly found an appetite and a love for the snack machines, and put on a lot of weight. I found my defense was to become a big personality so people were laughing with me and not at me, which worked most of the time, but some people are just asses!!

Just think - you can change your weight, but they can't change their attitude problem ;)

Good luck for weigh in on Monday!!

No better feeling than knowing I helped someone who has read this :D

You can't change people. People will always be judgemental and make snap insults without knowing anything about you. But if it makes them feel better about themselves, then so be it.

Good luck to you, and you are doing great, nearly 2 stone! Congrats :)

Day 26

Hmm so today turned into a little disaster.

Went out with friends, and just didn't have any clue on the calories I consumed throughout the night. So I clocked in at around 2330 today... not good.

Not a big deal, one day isn't a problem. Just gunna drink plenty of water tonight so I don't retain a ton.

Two days left! I am hoping for 8lbs lost. Anything above 6 would be good though. I have had many non-scale victories this month, so if the weigh-in is a disappointment, I will still be very happy with how my weight loss is going.

Oooh my sig is total lies, I have put 5lb on scoffing alcohol and curry on holiday since I updated. It will go back down though, give us a few weeks :)

You have made me want to get back into rowing machines, its the only thing I used to enjoy at the gym, that and cycling.

Oooh my sig is total lies, I have put 5lb on scoffing alcohol and curry on holiday since I updated. It will go back down though, give us a few weeks :)

You have made me want to get back into rowing machines, its the only thing I used to enjoy at the gym, that and cycling.

Ah I see. Don't be too down, most of us have slip ups. Coming back willing to lose again shows strength! It will be back down!

Rowing machine is certainly a good vigorous exercise, it so tough but I feel so good after doing it! I hope to cycle soon.

Good luck to you!!!

Re: My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 21]

Lol Alex that night out may skew your weigh in a bit tomorrow :p let's hope not too much!
Looking forward to hearing results :D
x

Lol Alex that night out may skew your weigh in a bit tomorrow :p let's hope not too much!
Looking forward to hearing results :D
x

Ahh I am not sure. I didn't over do it that much. As long as I have lost a decent amount I will be happy!

Day 28!!!

The last day of 100%, I feel so tired. I can't wait to be lazy tomorrow :p

About to do my final workout of the challenge in a minute, did 15 hours of intense exercise this month.

Will post weigh-in results tomorrow as soon as I use my laptop.

Oh wow 28 day challenge sounds good - I would do it but I work shifts and sometimes don't go home for days so not possible. What sort of exercises did you do as prt of it?

Good luck tomorrow :)

Oh wow 28 day challenge sounds good - I would do it but I work shifts and sometimes don't go home for days so not possible. What sort of exercises did you do as prt of it?

Good luck tomorrow :)

Mainly rowing machine for 30 minutes, sometimes an hour if I was pumped.

A few days I did outdoor exercises that I just enjoyed like playing basketball.

But yeh, it was mainly rowing for 90% of it.

Back