My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Nice one, Alex, I'm glad you're getting the compliments you deserve for your efforts - it's a nice feeling, isn't it?! And it's so good that you're inspiring others, especially your parents, that's fantastic! :) xx

When someone has lost 4 stone and hasn't been seen by others in months, they are usually quite shocked haha

Also let's not forget I was rocking the ponytail before too. People don't recognize me anymore!

REV23 said:
When someone has lost 4 stone and hasn't been seen by others in months, they are usually quite shocked haha

Also let's not forget I was rocking the ponytail before too. People don't recognize me anymore!

Haha, yes personally I think you made the right decision chopping it off, even though I am an ageing rock chick! :) xx

Haha, yes personally I think you made the right decision chopping it off, even though I am an ageing rock chick! :) xx

Had to experience long hair just in case I go bald! I think the short hair turned out much better than expected, I love it!

Been a bit of a lazy dieter for the last two days.

Was 400ish calories over yesterday, but I worked out and burned over 700.

Was 300ish calories over today too. So yeh, kind of lazy.

Gunna stay on target for the remaining days so these last two days shouldn't make a big difference.

Had to experience long hair just in case I go bald! I think the short hair turned out much better than expected, I love it!

*mumbles in the corner* booo... hisss! .. long hair was so much nicer :p

I have to say I like the short hair! Though the long hair looked good too! I think the fact you've lost is what really makes the difference!

Comfort reasons make it most worthwhile. But the short hair turned out better than I expected! Still it's nice just being able to wash it super quick where as long hair takes forever in comparison :p

Been a bit of a lazy dieter for the last two days.

Was 400ish calories over yesterday, but I worked out and burned over 700.

Was 300ish calories over today too. So yeh, kind of lazy.

Gunna stay on target for the remaining days so these last two days shouldn't make a big difference.

Okay so I made up for those two bad days, I have had two great days. So another two days left, hoping for a nice loss.

And hoping even more that last week's result wasn't the start of a plateau...

Okayyyy weigh-in tomorrow (or today?) will be late. Just got back from driving duties on a night out.

People ask why I don't drink and always volunteer to drive. I just say "I love being sober". But in reality it's just the fact that alcohol has so many calories in it... it's insane. I usually go out Saturday nights too so drinking is and never will be an option when my weigh-in is the next day!

Anyway I will probably be up at 1ish... gunna need a nice lay-in! I worked hard this week, and hopefully will get a decent loss after the small one previously.

Weighed in at 261.0. So I lost 4lbs this week :)

So no weight plateau yet... last week had me worried!

Great result. Wow - you're nearly half way there - doesn't time fly when you're having fun ;)

Alex what a brilliant loss! You're steaming ahead!

Thanks Kira I am happy with the result. I did tons of exercise this week so I feel it is justified.

Wonderful result Alex! :D You're on a roll!

Don't worry too much about plateaus at this stage; our bodies aren't machines and cannot shed a consistent amount of weight every week. It just doesn't work that way. There's a lot of factors to be taken into account... I fluctuate as much as 2-3 lb on a daily basis simply because of what is stored inside the body, be it water retention or waste (sorry tmi!!).
So maybe when you weighed a week ago, you'd lost the weight/fat, but body was 'holding on'. There's no way you're not losing fat with the way you're eating and exercising and I know you're much smarter than just to rely on what the scales tell you alone. :D

With the way you're going, I think you may need to revise that June 2014 goal :p

Hey, are you still going to Norway to see your friend? :)

Wonderful result Alex! :D You're on a roll!

Don't worry too much about plateaus at this stage; our bodies aren't machines and cannot shed a consistent amount of weight every week. It just doesn't work that way. There's a lot of factors to be taken into account... I fluctuate as much as 2-3 lb on a daily basis simply because of what is stored inside the body, be it water retention or waste (sorry tmi!!).
So maybe when you weighed a week ago, you'd lost the weight/fat, but body was 'holding on'. There's no way you're not losing fat with the way you're eating and exercising and I know you're much smarter than just to rely on what the scales tell you alone. :D

With the way you're going, I think you may need to revise that June 2014 goal :p

Hey, are you still going to Norway to see your friend? :)

Thanks :) I didn't let that weigh-in get to me anyway. 4lbs is a lot for one week so my body was likely holding on to something!

A goal's a goal, so I will just keep it at June haha

And probably not :( No direct flights to Molde, Norway from the UK unfortunately. Plus I gotta afford the flights which I can't really afford right now.

Who knows maybe I will still go but I'll have to see :p

It's my birthday this Sunday, on weigh-in day...

But I am going out to celebrate the night before. I am going to get well and truly wasted for the first time in 7 months... so my weigh-in may suffer from the consequences with water weight plus the calories.

Whatever the weigh-in is, I want to celebrate my birthday this weekend so I am prepared for the consequences. Should be okay though if I keep a good week going!

Back