My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Oh yes, definitely worth it - I'll be taking the same view when it's my birthday in two weeks! :) xx

Hah good luck! I don't see a problem with binging on junk food on special occasions. As long as you are prepared for it and are ready to accept the consequences then it's absolutely fine :)

Alex that's not bad and as you say it will mostly be water weight too. Your metabolism is probably faster since you started exercising so unlikely it will be 2lbs of pure fat! You'll have lost it by a week and some more!

REV23 said:
Hah good luck! I don't see a problem with binging on junk food on special occasions. As long as you are prepared for it and are ready to accept the consequences then it's absolutely fine :)

Oh, absolutely! As long as it doesn't go on longer than intended, I think it's a great idea to have the occasional blowout!! :) xx

Alex that's not bad and as you say it will mostly be water weight too. Your metabolism is probably faster since you started exercising so unlikely it will be 2lbs of pure fat! You'll have lost it by a week and some more!

It was only one weekend, it was probably half a pound of fat. Maybe a pound max.

But it could be 3lbs or more of water weight. We'll see with the weigh-in.

Life is for living mate :)

You'll drop that water soon enough and no harm done.

Usually takes four days of 3-4 litres to get rid of it for me :)

I aim for 3l per day anyway, even if I don't always get it. I've given up caffeine from today, not for good but I like to clear out the receptors every now and again so it'll be a little harder to keep up the intake. Tea and coffee make me thirsty!

I don't drink very much tea or coffee anyway. Think I will weigh myself tomorrow, I reckon I would have already dropped a pound from one day.

Did a cheeky mid-week weigh-in. I was 261.2. So that's 1.8lb gone, mainly water weight probably. Still got more water weight to go I'd imagine, so I am expecting another 2lbs by Sunday.

Have to say as I daily weigh it keeps me on track diet/food wise and I'm sure a mid week weigh is no problem for you Alex. Looking great! In 6 months time you are going to look practically like a different person!

Have to say as I daily weigh it keeps me on track diet/food wise and I'm sure a mid week weigh is no problem for you Alex. Looking great! In 6 months time you are going to look practically like a different person!

It's gunna be weird adjusting to life not being overweight. It's pretty much all I've ever known :eek:

It will be fine! You are so young! You have the rest of your adult life to enjoy fit, slim and healthy! From the perspective of a 47 year old women who in her head still thinks she mid to late 20's (though hasten to add I am not mutton dressed as lamb!) you have been an adult only for a handful of years!

Seriously the changes you are making now and the exercise you are incorporating will make a huge difference in the years to come because you are making a lifestyle change whilst still enjoying calorie laden food now and then. I honestly think in the future you won't ever have to be on "diet" as your "diet" (as in what you eat) will be informed choices you make naturally - like naturally slim people do (well that's what my slim friends say and I guess I used to before I started overeating in my late 30's.

You head will soon catch to the changes in you body when you catch a glimpse of your reflection in shop window and think who's that slim young man! I'm very excited to see read where you are and how you will feel in December/January.

It will be fine! You are so young! You have the rest of your adult life to enjoy fit, slim and healthy! From the perspective of a 47 year old women who in her head still thinks she mid to late 20's (though hasten to add I am not mutton dressed as lamb!) you have been an adult only for a handful of years!

Seriously the changes you are making now and the exercise you are incorporating will make a huge difference in the years to come because you are making a lifestyle change whilst still enjoying calorie laden food now and then. I honestly think in the future you won't ever have to be on "diet" as your "diet" (as in what you eat) will be informed choices you make naturally - like naturally slim people do (well that's what my slim friends say and I guess I used to before I started overeating in my late 30's.

You head will soon catch to the changes in you body when you catch a glimpse of your reflection in shop window and think who's that slim young man! I'm very excited to see read where you are and how you will feel in December/January.

Thanks Kira :)

You're right I will my diet will just consist of knowing my limits from what I have learnt over the last few months. Moderation moderation moderation.

It will be so strange being that slim young man but I welcome the change. I am hoping to be around 218lbs by the end of the year even though my goal is 238lbs. So that's 15 1/2 stone. I haven't been that since Year 10 at 14! Plus I have grown a lot taller since then!

Exciting times ahead!

A bit of a hindrance to my diet tonight.

Went to a Barclays Charity party (my brother works for Barclays and invited our family). It was a great night, went better than I expected.

It was held at a Burlesque/Cabaret Club! Haha I felt like I was in 1935 (or whenever they were around). The food wasn't too bad, I had 600 calories left when I got there. But with a few beers and the dessert, I probably hit around 2500 calories in the end.

It was worth it though, I had a lot of fun. Plus I have been good this week so the weigh-in should still be successful. I'll have a strong day tomorrow! I had plenty of water today so no water weight should be retained.

I've just noticed your new profile picture and I have to say, gosh! What a massive difference!

You're looking fantastic Alex, and you've got such an awesome attitude to this whole thing. A lot of people could definitely learn a thing or two from how you're doing this. x

I've just noticed your new profile picture and I have to say, gosh! What a massive difference!

You're looking fantastic Alex, and you've got such an awesome attitude to this whole thing. A lot of people could definitely learn a thing or two from how you're doing this. x

Thanks! I look and feel better with each passing week, and the shock on people's faces when they haven't seen me for a few months or even years, is priceless!

If my attitude can rub off on others than that is fantastic. When I reach my goal I can't wait to help people out and offer support however I can - on this forum and in real life.

Just about to go to McDonalds to get a McChicken Sandwich and some fries. With a rather large 715 calories, but I have space in my day so why not. I want to enjoy some fries in the sun!

Just came off the rowing machine. When I first started the rowing machine, I could do 600 rowing strokes in 20 minutes. Now I can do 1100 rowing strokes in 30 minutes. Not bad!

The hard part of the week is over. Now I can just relax, drink my fluids and hope for a decent weigh-in. Will be interesting to see what it is after the 2lb birthday gain!

Back