My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Yep. It's one of the main rules. Threads have been deleted because of it! Don't ask me why! So be careful x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toxicsgrl said:
Deleted post as it's against rules to talk about mfp on here but wanted to tell you about it x

Hiya! Could you just explain what's against the rules, so I can make sure I don't do it? It's just that a lot of members do recommend and discuss MFP. :) xx

Hiya! Could you just explain what's against the rules, so I can make sure I don't do it? It's just that a lot of members do recommend and discuss MFP. :) xx

Here you go....

Newbie and Posting Privileges!

When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need 50 posts to access the main photo Gallery and upload photos to it.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

Absolutely no canvasing for members for Facebook Groups or any other groups on the Internet.

Threads of this nature will automatically be deleted.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Please read the link below as it will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introduction...-minimins.html

Links Policy either in posts or signature:

MiniMins Admin, Moderators and Members work tirelessly to keep forums clutter free from Spam.

MiniMins has a zero tolerance to spam and all spammers are automatically banned.

Absolutely no canvasing for members for Facebook Groups or any other groups on the Internet.

We ask New Members to respect the following rules.

Allowed: Ticker sites, personal photo website i.e photo bucket etc., Personal Social Network pages...Please use the Social Networking Link buttons provided which you will find in Settings under Edit Profile on the Blue Bar at the top right of the page and if members are interested and wish to click on them they will...posts or threads soliciting members to follow or join Social Networks will be removed without notice as this is considered Social Network Spam.

Links to personal blogs without advertisements off site are allowed once you have done 50 posts.

You can add a weight ticker to your signature as a new member.

You can link to your blog/diary within MiniMins as a new member

*Members with off site blog links in signature or in posts who do not have 50 posts will have their links removed.

Banned: Commercial website, auctions/eshop, forums, referral or affiliate links, third party weight loss resources and everything else not mentioned in the allowed...unless approved by the forum admin.

Charity Links are allowed in Signature...

If you personally are fund raising i.e taking part in a charity event to raise money for your chosen charity by running, walking, cycling, mountain climbing etc then you are welcome to post a link in your signature to promote your personal challenge. You are welcome to add a small blurb to say what your challenge is for.

*Links to your charity which appear in posts will be removed!

*Threads and posts asking for sponsorship will be removed.

Please do not post 3rd party links to websites soliciting our members to click, register or sign up to emails, letters, websites either through the public forum, via PM or email.

We urge our members to practice safe Internet browsing by not divulging personal information over the Internet. Please stay safe!

If you are not sure about a link please ask via pm or use the contact button at the bottom of the page.

Please note MiniMins is not responsible for the content of 3rd party links to other sites.

The Administration of MiniMins reserves the right to remove all links without prior notification or discussion.

toxicsgrl said:
Here you go....

Newbie and Posting Privileges!

When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need 50 posts to access the main photo Gallery and upload photos to it.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Please read the link below as it will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introduction...-minimins.html

Links Policy either in posts or signature:

MiniMins Admin, Moderators and Members work tirelessly to keep forums clutter free from Spam.

MiniMins has a zero tolerance to spam and all spammers are automatically banned.

We ask New Members to respect the following rules.

Allowed: Ticker sites, personal photo website i.e photo bucket etc., Personal Social Network pages...Please use the Social Networking Link buttons provided which you will find in Settings under Edit Profile on the Blue Bar at the top right of the page and if members are interested and wish to click on them they will...posts or threads soliciting members to follow or join Social Networks will be removed without notice as this is considered Social Network Spam.

Links to personal blogs without advertisements off site are allowed once you have done 50 posts.

You can add a weight ticker to your signature as a new member.

You can link to your blog/diary within MiniMins as a new member

*Members with off site blog links in signature or in posts who do not have 50 posts will have their links removed.

Banned: Commercial website, auctions/eshop, forums, referral or affiliate links, third party weight loss resources and everything else not mentioned in the allowed...unless approved by the forum admin.

Charity Links are allowed in Signature...

If you personally are fund raising i.e taking part in a charity event to raise money for your chosen charity by running, walking, cycling, mountain climbing etc then you are welcome to post a link in your signature to promote your personal challenge. You are welcome to add a small blurb to say what your challenge is for.

*Links to your charity which appear in posts will be removed!

*Threads and posts asking for sponsorship will be removed.

Please do not post 3rd party links to websites soliciting our members to click, register or sign up to emails, letters, websites either through the public forum, via PM or email.

We urge our members to practice safe Internet browsing by not divulging personal information over the Internet. Please stay safe!

If you are not sure about a link please ask via pm or use the contact button at the bottom of the page.

Please note MiniMins is not responsible for the content of 3rd party links to other sites.

The Administration of MiniMins reserves the right to remove all links without prior notification or discussion.

Thanks - I have read that before, but was just unsure of the extent to which you're not allowed to discuss MFP. I don't have friends on MFP, so don't give out my user name on there, but I know a lot of people do. What I have done, as on here, is recommend it as a calorie counting tool. Which part of the rules covers it? xx

Thanks - I have read that before, but was just unsure of the extent to which you're not allowed to discuss MFP. I don't have friends on MFP, so don't give out my user name on there, but I know a lot of people do. What I have done, as on here, is recommend it as a calorie counting tool. Which part of the rules covers it? xx

As far as I know Tracy, just talking about it is wrong. It makes no sense to me but I heard people were banned from talking about it. I don't make the rules, I'm only repeating what I know. Advising others of it is against the rules, under the social network spam rule . You could ask a mod the reasons...

So I will be fairly strict tomorrow. Not sure if I will workout, it would be 3 days straight so I may need to rest.

I will try not too drink much tomorrow, then again, I always say that. I am not one for getting drunk, but sometimes I am like "screw it" and do it anyway.

So no promises :p Food wise, I think I will have a nice steak when I wake-up then some chilli before I go out. Good luck with your final day in 2012 people!

And let's hope 2013 will begin better than 2012 ended... weight loss wise.

Hmm, I'll bear that in mind. I'm just surprised because it's such a frequent subject of discussion on a lot of the forums I'm part of. :) xx

Morning all. Interesting reading on the rules (haven't read them since I first joined) of this forum. I don't think the drafting of the terms cover everything clearly in my opinion but then again it will go on for pages and pages if one tried to cover every aspect (I'm a lawyer love reading terms and conditions to criticize someone else's drafting!!) If one can't mention third party weight loss resource such as MFP or any other weight loss resource tool then how come Cambridge, Lighter Life, Lipotrim, S&Save etc can be mentioned? Each of these have their own forums and having done CD and Slim & Save in the past and now Calorie counting I still only use Minimins forum to discuss weight loss journey, tips and maintenance and struggles. Anyway just my two pennies worth!

Morning all. Interesting reading on the rules (haven't read them since I first joined) of this forum. I don't think the drafting of the terms cover everything clearly in my opinion but then again it will go on for pages and pages if one tried to cover every aspect (I'm a lawyer love reading terms and conditions to criticize someone else's drafting!!) If one can't mention third party weight loss resource such as MFP or any other weight loss resource tool then how come Cambridge, Lighter Life, Lipotrim, S&Save etc can be mentioned? Each of these have their own forums and having done CD and Slim & Save in the past and now Calorie counting I still only use Minimins forum to discuss weight loss journey, tips and maintenance and struggles. Anyway just my two pennies worth!

Well i think the things you mentioned are diets and you can mention them but not the forums they come with with.
You could ask mini or pierce (mods) to explain because I really don't know the reasons. I guess it's a bit like going into tesco and telling all their customers how wonderful asda is!
X

Well i think the things you mentioned are diets and you can mention them but not the forums they come with with.
You could ask mini or pierce (mods) to explain because I really don't know the reasons. I guess it's a bit like going into tesco and telling all their customers how wonderful asda is!
X

Asda is better though haha lol...Well thanks for letting us know and explaining it, I'll be more careful now x

rosie1234 said:
Asda is better though haha lol...Well thanks for letting us know and explaining it, I'll be more careful now x

Lol, prefer Tesco myself. ;)

I've DM'd Mini and asked for clarification about MFP. xx

We put social links in on peoples profile and I have even made a tutorial on how to do it:

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/302164-social-links.html

The issue is not talking about MFP (or any other social network) but when people start soliciting people to join them on MFP (or any other social network). The reason for the social links is, if people want to be added they will either make the information required public(using social links) or if not then they will by PM or they just don't have it.

People get banned in the rare occasion that they come on as a new person and every post is on MFP my username is.... and they have not demonstrated that they want to be apart of the MiniMins community.

The other occasion is that when its been clearly explained why and what, and they continue to disregard the directions of a moderator/admin then they get banned :)

And yes, its an insult towards myself and the members of the forum if people do come on saying oh I setup this group on FB or wherever and we can help each other there. What is MiniMins not good enough? But good enough to come on here and help build the foundation of your group?! That is one of the few that will get an instant ban.

I hope this clarifies your question as required.

Pierce

Pierce said:
We put social links in on peoples profile and I have even made a tutorial on how to do it:

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/302164-social-links.html

The issue is not talking about MFP (or any other social network) but when people start soliciting people to join them on MFP (or any other social network). The reason for the social links is, if people want to be added they will either make the information required public(using social links) or if not then they will by PM or they just don't have it.

People get banned in the rare occasion that they come on as a new person and every post is on MFP my username is.... and they have not demonstrated that they want to be apart of the MiniMins community.

The other occasion is that when its been clearly explained why and what, and they continue to disregard the directions of a moderator/admin then they get banned :)

And yes, its an insult towards myself and the members of the forum if people do come on saying oh I setup this group on FB or wherever and we can help each other there. What is MiniMins not good enough? But good enough to come on here and help build the foundation of your group?! That is one of the few that will get an instant ban.

I hope this clarifies your question as required.

Pierce

Thanks, Pierce, that's brilliant. As I said in my DM to Mini, I was hoping I hadn't been breaking the rules by recommending MFP, as I very much value my membership of Minimins. I've always thought of MFP as being perfectly complementary to Minimins, rather than any sort of rival forum, and have never hesitated to recommend it to people.

Thanks again for a great forum, and Happy New Year! :) xx

Hello guys! And hello 2013!

Food wise, I did not over eat at all yesterday. However, I did end up drinking quite a lot. I didn't get very drunk, but it takes quite a lot for alcohol to have any effect on me anyway. Had around 8 bottled lagers, 2 pints of lager, 4 shots of vodka and 2 shots of Whiskey. So all that lager would've been A LOT of calories.

Anyways, back to complete strictness tomorrow. I want to lose at least a little bit this week. I'd be happy with just one pound, I just don't want to gain again.

I have a good feeling for 2013.

Food wise, I did not over eat at all yesterday. However, I did end up drinking quite a lot. I didn't get very drunk, but it takes quite a lot for alcohol to have any effect on me anyway. Had around 8 bottled lagers, 2 pints of lager, 4 shots of vodka and 2 shots of Whiskey. So all that lager would've been A LOT of calories.

Anyways, back to complete strictness tomorrow. I want to lose at least a little bit this week. I'd be happy with just one pound, I just don't want to gain again.

Sounds like you had a fab night!

I've started a 100% for 100 days thread if you wanna join xx

Sounds like you had a fab night!

I've started a 100% for 100 days thread if you wanna join xx

Yeh I had a great time :D

I will check it out immediately!

REV23 said:

Happy new year, Alex, glad you had a good night! Mine was alcohol free, but I did eat some chocolates, lol. But at least I made my target not to put any weight on in December, so just need to resume normal service now! Back to work tomorrow, hey ho. :) xx

Happy New Year!

I'm sure you'll get a loss on Sunday! And I hope you lose all the weight you would like to lose in 2013 :)

Back