My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Hey Alex. You've still had a lost there, no matter how small. A loss is a loss.

Giving up the diet coke to see if that changes anything is a really good idea. I think if it does slow down your metabolism then that could be what is affecting your body. Do you eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking up? That helps your metabolism.

Keep trying your best. Sometimes even with me when I have a really good week I lose little or nothing and it doesn't make sense.

Good luck :)

Thanks Rosie :D

If I am exercising that day, then I will exercise first then eat. That sometimes can be 90+ minutes after waking up. If I am not exercising, I do eat within an hour yes.

I'm sure you will do fine tomorrow Alex.

I've been drinking a lot of diet coke as well this week as I can't stand water anymore so not sure if it will have an impact on weight in day.

Please let me know mate!

Giving up Diet Coke is a good idea, as it's so bad for you, and some studies have shown it can indirectly result in weight gain. Have you started logging all your calories on MFP? How many have you been having each day?

It's quite normal for your losses to slow down though, so I wouldn't worry too much, especially as it's just been Christmas. :) xx

I am using MFP today and will use it across the weekend.

I keep to 1800-2000 calories each day. I make sure I never go over.

REV23 said:
I am using MFP today and will use it across the weekend.

I keep to 1800-2000 calories each day. I make sure I never go over.

Sounds good to me - just keep at it, I'm sure it's just a blip, we all get them. :) xx

Sounds good to me - just keep at it, I'm sure it's just a blip, we all get them. :) xx

Thank you! :D

And on the Diet Coke, it definitely seems Diet Soda in general is terrible.

Drinking normal coke is more healthy, but obviously I cannot drink much of that.

Guess I will have to give it up completely. :(

REV23 said:
Thank you! :D

And on the Diet Coke, it definitely seems Diet Soda in general is terrible.

Drinking normal coke is more healthy, but obviously I cannot drink much of that.

Guess I will have to give it up completely. :(

That's what I've done, and I do feel better for it. :) xx

On vlcd's such as slim and save they allow zero coke I think it's because it has no citric acid and diet coke does? When I did slim and save for 8 weeks in sep/oct 2012 I had zero coke now and again as it was hardcore it didn't seem to affect my losses but of course these fizzy drinks have no health benefits! However it helped keep on track.

See how you go without the fizz and maybe you could try it further down the line?

Giving up diet coke is harder than not eating!

On vlcd's such as slim and save they allow zero coke I think it's because it has no citric acid and diet coke does? When I did slim and save for 8 weeks in sep/oct 2012 I had zero coke now and again as it was hardcore it didn't seem to affect my losses but of course these fizzy drinks have no health benefits! However it helped keep on track.

See how you go without the fizz and maybe you could try it further down the line?

It will be tough to give up. I mean, I said that I am not a food addict, which is true. But I am addicted to soda, for sure.

The main concern with the diet drinks is the artificial sweetener called "Aspartame". Which Coca Cola and most brands use for their soda. This chemical has been linked with many health issues.

But overall, it apparently slows down some people's metabolism (which could be my problem).

I also just read this, each time you taste something sweet your body releases insulin. But there is no sugar to break down, so a "fat hormone" is released and settles on the stomach.

I am sure it varies from person to person, because I have seen weight loss successes with diet/zero coke. We will see this week, I will cut it out completely.

I thought Diet Coke could be the reason I am failing to lose weight, but then I remembered that I have been drinking coke and pepsi since I started...

I sure drank a lot more during the festive period, but still. I don't think Diet Coke is the problem either.

I feel like I am trying to make excuses for not working hard enough, but I have worked hard. Really, really hard. Yet no results. I will weigh myself when I wake up and be even more disappointed. Still I think it will be a little loss from last weeks gain.

Just feels like a higher power is trying to stop me from losing weight. It really does. I am the most healthy and active that I have been for 5 years yet I am not losing weight. I am eating low carb, low sugar, low fat and low calorie with exercise, yet the weight loss has ceased.

The only thing it can be is Starvation Mode, surely? It has to be.

Anyway, I will completely lower down my soda consumption. And beer consumption. Gunna keep doing what I'm doing. Here's hoping a get a surprise in the weigh-in saying a lost quite a few pounds. I just want to get under 300lb, that would motivate me a lot.

Will post the weigh-in results asap, then do some exercise straight after, whatever the scales say.

Just a note, it may sound like I am derailing because of frustration but I will just make it clear, I am not at all. I am happy with how everything is going with my diet and exercise, it is a plan that I could easily live with just to maintain weight at some point. So this is my lifestyle from here on out, regardless of what the scales say!

I could never go back to my old lifestyle, I have educated myself a lot since I started. The way I was eating back then was pretty much suicide when I look back at it. I could not live like that again - period.

Even if the scales say I gained 2lb tomorrow, it won't phase me. I will keep going regardless. Here's to hoping for a good weigh-in, would be a miracle if I broke the 300lb barrier!

REV23 said:
Just a note, it may sound like I am derailing because of frustration but I will just make it clear, I am not at all. I am happy with how everything is going with my diet and exercise, it is a plan that I could easily live with just to maintain weight at some point. So this is my lifestyle from here on out, regardless of what the scales say!

I could never go back to my old lifestyle, I have educated myself a lot since I started. The way I was eating back then was pretty much suicide when I look back at it. I could not live like that again - period.

Even if the scales say I gained 2lb tomorrow, it won't phase me. I will keep going regardless. Here's to hoping for a good weigh-in, would be a miracle if I broke the 300lb barrier!

I think the best advice I could give you is to stop weighing yourself!! At least for a while. You're obsessing over the numbers on the scales, which I totally understand having done it myself in the past. Weight loss is not logical - sometimes you can do everything right and the scales just don't shift, for any number of reasons. Just carry on as you have been, because you know it's been working for you, but don't weigh yourself for a month at least. I only got weighed every two months for the first year of losing weight this time round, and found it so liberating. There was always a loss in that length of time, and it really helped me. Now I've lost a lot I do weigh myself at home, but even so can get a bit fed up if I don't like the numbers, lol.

Also, a lot of people say to measure yourself instead of weighing, as you'll often lose inches even if your weight hasn't changed. Have you done that?

Just stay strong, one bad week is of no consequence in the grand scheme if things. :) xx

Good advice Tracy ( though I confess I am addicted to daily weighing!)

If its frustrating don't weigh frequently. As long as your calorie deficit works out you will lose. Less in more out! Gosh! Sounds so simple!

You are doing great and it's likely to be a plateau I think. I don't think it's body going into starvation mode as I would've thought you'd need a lot less calories? It could be you've gained muscle?

Quick drop-in.

0.2lb lost. A loss is a loss I guess?

Will reply to posts later!

Quick drop-in.

Yes it's a loss. Well done. Your body will soon catch up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think the best advice I could give you is to stop weighing yourself!! At least for a while. You're obsessing over the numbers on the scales, which I totally understand having done it myself in the past. Weight loss is not logical - sometimes you can do everything right and the scales just don't shift, for any number of reasons. Just carry on as you have been, because you know it's been working for you, but don't weigh yourself for a month at least. I only got weighed every two months for the first year of losing weight this time round, and found it so liberating. There was always a loss in that length of time, and it really helped me. Now I've lost a lot I do weigh myself at home, but even so can get a bit fed up if I don't like the numbers, lol.

Also, a lot of people say to measure yourself instead of weighing, as you'll often lose inches even if your weight hasn't changed. Have you done that?

Just stay strong, one bad week is of no consequence in the grand scheme if things. :) xx

I keep a log weekly log of my weight, so I won't stop now. I never weighed myself daily apart from this week because I just wanted to see what was happening.

It's two bad weeks now, but it must be a plateau or something. I will get through it.

I have been losing weight for 2 months now so it is around the right time for a plateau isn't it?

Everyone's different - I've been at it for 17 months and not plateaued, but I've gone at it very steadily so I suppose I've never given my body cause to panic, lol. xx

Quick drop-in.

Well done, a loss is a loss, my weight loss yoyo's every week even though I've been keeping it the same week after week, I weighed myself earlier and I have gained 1lb since my last weigh in and the only thing I have changed really is allowing myself a 250ml of diet coke every day

Back