My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

:) I knew that would give you a loss! You don't have to exercise like a loony yet. 3.4 lbs is brill!! Keep doing what you did this week and I bet you have further good losses :)

I'd worry about exercise when you stop losing.

You're doing what I'm doing - and I'm losing on it so no reason for you not to either!

Getting to under 300 is such a confidence boost for you. It may only be 2 under but you are no longer in the 2's! Enjoy the feeling :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am not fussing over exercise too much. But exercising is something that I generally want to do. It makes me feel good afterwards, so I will keep exercising weekly. Being out of the 300-zone is an amazing feeling indeed :)

Brilliant. Into the 2's - there's no stopping you & before you know it people will start to notice the change in your weight and that helps you along as well. All the compliments become quite addictive and motivate you to keep going. All you have to do is repeat the last few months five times - that seems like hardly any time at all.
Have a great Sunday.

Thanks for your support once again :)

My family are noticing my face slimming down. But because I have lost my weight fairly steadily, nobody has been able to notice a big difference - yet.

Anyway my motivation is higher than ever right now, cannot wait to start the next week.

Yay, that's great Alex, glad you're getting good results! :) xx

Yes it was a great sight after several weeks of small losses, and some gains.

Finally it is paying off :D

I want to try and lose 3lb a week for 10 weeks.

I know it is a bit far-fetched, and perhaps "rushing" it a bit too much. It is just a goal though. 3lb a week for 10 weeks would mean I would be 268lb. That is nearly half-way through to losing 128lb.

Still I will keep doing what I did this week. I may have found my recipe for success.

-1700 Calories
- Low fat, low sugars, low carbs. But still some of them.
- Exercise 3 times a week at least. More if I feel like I need too.
- Drink minimum 2litres of water a day.

Pretty generic plan for the next 10 weeks, but it will do the job.

As far as permanent lifestyle changes, I think I have conquered a few so far.

- Drinking water is a part of my life now. I see myself drinking water regularly for the rest of my life. I feel the benefits, and I find it REALLY tasty now.

- My mindset has completely changed in terms of food habits. Like I have said many times, I don't know how I lived like I used too. When I think about my diet back then, I actually find it revolting that I ate like that each and everyday.

Those are the two main permanent changes to my lifestyle so far. I now know for sure that drinking water and not abusing carbs is something I can live with happily.

Again, I wish you all a good week. Will check out some of your diaries tonight!

What a fab weightloss.. well done! You will be into the century club on no time ;)

What a fab weightloss.. well done! You will be into the century club on no time ;)

Thanks Emmie!

Onwards and upwards :D

Rev I'm genuinely thrilled for you! Well done on breaking the 300 pound barrier!

Well done on the mental changes you are making too. They are the toughest and alas I'm still working on them and have been for years. You are doing this! You will reach goal and you should be so proud of yourself for getting to where you are today!

I hope this week is a fantastic week for you.

Hey Alex. I'm really pleased for you with your weight loss this week :) A massive well done! You're definitely on the right track now. I'm glad you found out what works for you best. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll keep seeing big losses every week :)

Rev I'm genuinely thrilled for you! Well done on breaking the 300 pound barrier!

Well done on the mental changes you are making too. They are the toughest and alas I'm still working on them and have been for years. You are doing this! You will reach goal and you should be so proud of yourself for getting to where you are today!

I hope this week is a fantastic week for you.

Thank you Kira.

The mental changes are permanent. I could live like this for the rest of my life - happily. :)

Hey Alex. I'm really pleased for you with your weight loss this week :) A massive well done! You're definitely on the right track now. I'm glad you found out what works for you best. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll keep seeing big losses every week :)

Yes now it has happened once there is no reason it shouldn't happen again.

Hope you have a good week Rosie!

Hey Rev, just saw your thread and am impressed at the sheer determination you are showing!

Thank you very much!

Couldn't help but notice your amazing progress... major kudos to you my friend!

Hi Alex

Just read all through your thread. Your positivity is fantastic, and kudos to you for doing something about your weight whilst you are still young. I wasted so much of my teens/twenties being fat and missing out on all the things you are supposed to do when you are you.

I've been calorie counting for just over six months and am 50lb down - half way to my goal.

I use MFP and eat 1800ish calories a day. I was interested in your comments about "cheat days". I do similar. I work shift work and get two weekends of every five weeks. These are the only days i spend with my BF and we usually eat out, or have takeaways. I still log everything i eat and try and eat sensibly. And its normally meals rather than snacks so the calories aren't horrific.
I know my diet is long term (started at 20stone 13lb) and by allowing myself to eat what i want helps me stick to it.

Wishing you all the best.

Thank you very much!

Couldn't help but notice your amazing progress... major kudos to you my friend!

Yes SM is doing amazingly! He's my inspiration :) x

Hi Alex, congratulations on hitting your mini target! I bet it feels amazing!

Hi Alex

Just read all through your thread. Your positivity is fantastic, and kudos to you for doing something about your weight whilst you are still young. I wasted so much of my teens/twenties being fat and missing out on all the things you are supposed to do when you are you.

I've been calorie counting for just over six months and am 50lb down - half way to my goal.

I use MFP and eat 1800ish calories a day. I was interested in your comments about "cheat days". I do similar. I work shift work and get two weekends of every five weeks. These are the only days i spend with my BF and we usually eat out, or have takeaways. I still log everything i eat and try and eat sensibly. And its normally meals rather than snacks so the calories aren't horrific.
I know my diet is long term (started at 20stone 13lb) and by allowing myself to eat what i want helps me stick to it.

Wishing you all the best.

I needed to do something about it now, otherwise I would have easily been 400lb by the time I was 20. If the 15 year old me managed to see myself like I am now, I would have never touched a carb again haha

But the 18 year old me right now can be proud of the 20 year old me, I want that to happen.

I really haven't done anything in my teenage years. The weight has restricted me so much :( But I still have time to really enjoy my early 20's!

The cheat day is important to me. Although I will probably make it every two weeks rather than every week once I lose a bit more weight.

I mean, as long as you don't eat over 3000 calories on that day, then it won't hinder weight loss too much.

Yes SM is doing amazingly! He's my inspiration :) x

Haha no surprise, very impressive progress :D

Hi Alex, congratulations on hitting your mini target! I bet it feels amazing!

Thank you!! :)

It does feel good. After weeks of tiny losses and some gains, finally I have something to show for my hardwork.

Inspired by toxicsgrl's goals, I have decided to add a few core goals to my signature.

I will add more, but for now that is the foundation of my 2013 aims.

I am not sure whether it is right to put a time frame by a weight-goal, but heck, even if I fail it won't demoralize me. I will be close, that's for sure!

Back