My 50 Day Challenge

Are you trying to tell us something with you new avatar? LOL :8855:

Hope your back is getting better. Still going strong I can see. Love the graph it really illustrate the different the last 26 days has done.

Keep the good spirit.

Thanks so much guys :)

If anything my back is much much worse :( I'm not sure what to do - I've not found doctors particularly helpful with back problems. it's going to make lifting quite difficult, although I think I will be able to get through tomorrow without doing any futher damage.

Slight confession: Tonight I was at a friends for dinner and ate some naughty things, but I had a very nice time. Also I didn't drink anything, which is quite impressive for me. I don't feel particularly bad for deviating from my diet, as I knew this event was approaching and so have been very good since this started. But still, I am a bad Lift :(

lol :)

Day 27

Weight: 270.25
Diet - hard to count today :S
Exercise:

5.40am (this morning) - Cycling 15mins, 5.8km, 111kcal.

1am or so (when I got home) - Cycling 27:53mins, 11.1km, 219kcal

Tomorrow is a new day :)

Last edited:
Definately rest your back Lift, don't want to make it worse!
A wee blip happens, the important thing is it didn't keep you off track, you just climbed back on board and that's impressive! Anyway all your exercising will soon work off any goodies!!!!

I tried diet pills once, prescribed from the doctor, they did work, but my mind wasn't in the right place to continue, so I lost some weight, stopped dieting, and put it all back on again..and then some! :rolleyes:

If they are from a reputable company, I am sure they will be okay. Good luck.

have a good day :)

Thanks Rose :)

These are a little bit like taking an ECA (ephedra/ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin) stack, but hmm not as potent. I feel strange and wired, and don't particularly like it lol. Still will take the other two pills before my workout later, feel very energized and focused definately won't be paying for these things!

I might go ask my doctor what he can prescribe for me when I get back from holiday - never really thought of doing that before!

Hope you have a great day :)

Last edited:
Mine were called xenical, but because I blew it, despite them working, I was too ashamed to go back to docs for more :rolleyes:

When do you go on holiday? I go in october and am terrified I won't fit in the plane seat :eek:....it keeps me focused!

Back on track today (hurrah) and went at it pretty darned hard in the hope of a nice result on the scale tomorrow. Not that I'm that bothered, but well, it would be nice to be under 270. I think after last nights indulgences I may be holding a little extra water weight, so hopefully I drank enough water and cycled it off again hehe.

Lifting was nice, impressed at the bench press numbers (I know they are low but it is a great improvement). Perhaps I can put up 100kg for reps by January 2012?

Day 28 :)eek:)
Weight - 272.25 :)cry:)
Diet - P: 207, C: 226.7, F: 63.2, Calories: 2348.6 :)eatdrink051:)

Exercise:

Fasted-state Cardio: cycling (8.30am): 25 minutes, 9.8km, 203kcal

Resistance:character00116: (6.45pm):

Bent-over dumbell row 10x22.5kg, 10x22.5kg - not so good for the back (+1kg next week)
Flat Bench Press & EZ-Curl Supersets 10x30kg&[6x25kg], 6x70kg&[6x25kg], 6x70kg&[7x25kg] - bench +2.5kg next week, EZ curl +2.5kg
Overhead Tricep Press 8x25kg, 7x25kg - same next week

Post Workout Cardio (7.40pm): cycling 30mins, 12km, 229Kcal

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and for those of you weighing in - a great weigh in also :)

xxx

Last edited:
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow Lift :)

you've worked hard, so the scales better be nice to you :D

Not long until your holiday then, how exciting!

Will pop in tomorrow to 'check up on you' lol :D

Never did do any work, or have that nap, or get any housework done. Ooops.

Adding a new category to my daily posts: "Activity" for the non-exercise activity that takes place. It may not be intentional exercise, but it is probably worth taking into account when examining these records at the end of the 50 days.

Day 29
Weight - 270.5lbs (13 pounds down yay)
Diet - P: 278.5, C: 252.6, F: 68.2, Calories: 2737.3
Exercise: Cycling 33:02mins, 13.7km, 250kcals
Activity: Walked 1.05miles, 215kcal (apparently!)
Thoughts/Comments:

Fairly good day, feeling very sore all over and exhausted generally, hoping to take a long walk tomorrow (to rest the legs and work the calves for a change) and then spend the rest of the day sat at the pc working and resting :)

Calories were a little high really. I have an excuse though - I woke up at 4.30am feeling famished with sore chest and back muscles. So I had a protein bar and went back to bed. So thats where the extra few hundred calories came from.

Hmm hmm, if I lose 1.5lbs/week for the next three weeks I would be very happy. Starting to wonder how much I will weigh when I return from holiday. Ah well :)

HI Lift
Briliant thread what a great wieght loss. You dont need perscription drugs..honestly...you've done amazing!! Bog Pat on the back.
im sure 13lb est 3lb a week which is a healthy and secure wieght loss, its great.

Got to say if i had to note and calculate as you are for your diet, i would be knackered too!:D:D:D:D.

The post where you said you forgot to eat. Have you tried puting your phone alarm on daily intervals. I do it by setting appointments, then copying them over. I also take a bannana , apple and orange with me if im going out on an unsure of time out, or eating places to go.

I like the 50 day challenge dea, i may have a bash at it.:D

GL for the next 21 days:D

keep going Lift :)

definately think your hopes for the next 3 weeks are very 'do-able' :D especially with your track record!

Don't worry about a little holiday excess ;) you are in the right frame of mind to get back on track on your return.

Maybe you are coming down with something? Get yourself well..it is soon holiday time!

Thanks so much for you kind and helpful comments LFM :) The alarm is a really great idea and the next one goes off at 20:20!!

Thanks Rose :) I took your advice and tried to rest up (after the walk!) - feeling much better now. Think I just needed to wake up this morning - last time I post before my morning coffee hehe! Although I do feel exhausted now - it's been a long day

Day 30
Weight:272.75
Diet-P:258.2, C: 237.3, F: 39.6, Calories: 2338.4 (A touch too low?:cry:)
Exercise: Walked approximately 4.3miles and it took approximately 1hr40mins.

Thoughts: Yikes, so tired, did quite a bit of work today and did fairly well with the old diet!

Walking 4.3Miles was nice and easy - I guess my calves (they're what usually hurt) were nice and rested after all that cycling.

Back is feeling better, but legs are like wobby jelly contemplating a rest day tomorrow and cycling on Thurs, Fri & Lifting on Saturday. Or perhaps two days off? At some point I need to let my body rest and stop hurting.

Hmmmm

Back