My 50 Day Challenge

Thanks Rose :)

Hasn't been the best of days, not really felt like doing anything, and didnt bother eating very much today, and didnt make the best choices. However I didn't eat anything bad, but I did contemplate ordering a pizza and drinking a nice bottle of wine or two for about an hour and a half. Felt "off" generally, gotta do a lot of boring stuff over the next two days (lots of driving and work) - don't want to haha.

Day 31
Weight - 272.25
Diet - P:196.4, C: 204.6, F: 69.3, Calories: 2227.7
Exercise: resty resty

Well, what to say, not a complete disaster now that I've seen it all in black and white, expect that tomorrow will be a considerable improvement.

Onwards, and hopefully downwards, off to bed now. Looking forward to catching up on everyones diaries tomorrow night

xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Rose :)

Not a bad result, down 1.5lbs on last week (for a total of 13lbs gone in the last four weeks) :) looking forward to being below 270 next week (fingers crossed)!
Well done. Onward and downward with the weight. Summer beckons:cool:

Hi Lift
Welldone for still going at it!, working and doing these things must be tiring.

Have you concidered a swim.

I find not only for the exercise but the wieghtless balance on the body is a nice break for the muscles and bones. So giving the mind a break too.:)

Hope you have a good day.:)

i think you definately eat too much for a diet :eek: 2200 - 2600 cal/day - would you not be safer cutting down the intake to lose weight? :/

Thanks Last_Attempt :)

LFM - Thanks that's a really great idea - I've actually been meaning to go for a swim for ages, just havent been able to make the time (yet!). If not now, I will do a whole lot when I go away I'm sure :)

i think you definately eat too much for a diet :eek: 2200 - 2600 cal/day - would you not be safer cutting down the intake to lose weight? :/

I am open to this - just wondering a) what amount of calories you think I should consume, and b) why?. Also what do you mean by "safe"?

Hope everyone is super xx

You are doing so well Lift :) and the weekend is beckoning us now!!!..but you will sail through it as usual :)

Keep doing what you are doing, because it is working :D
I look forward to reading your ongoing progress.

When is your next weigh in?

You are doing so well Lift :) and the weekend is beckoning us now!!!..but you will sail through it as usual :)

Keep doing what you are doing, because it is working :D
I look forward to reading your ongoing progress.

When is your next weigh in?

Thanks Rose!! :) I think I will use Monday's weight to update my statistics! Hope it's a good one! Hard to believe it has almost been five weeks for us already!! About to go and exercise (yay!)

HI Lift
You will be fine at wegh in im sure and as Rose says it is working.

If yu did want tochange your calorie intake. Thee is alot of articles regarding cals in to cals out.

You have to calculate how many cals your exersice burns and how much you are eating and the 2 deducted must come to your best calculated calories.

There is a basic amount for men but you can lower it to your wished loss. im not doing it yet as im still enjoying were im at. Sadly i dont think calorie counting stays of longterm as it is something that needs to be maintained.

I preffer to eat sensibly and exercise but lose wieght slowly "within" the life style, that I can keep and live easily with.

Best of luck this wkend and roll on wiegh in:)

Hi LFM,

Thanks for your post! I think that is pretty much what I did - on non-exercise days my Active Metabolic Rate is 2941 (I just re-checked the numbers with todays weight!). So I'm happy if I eat anywhere between 1941 and 2941 calories on a non-exercise day (to lose between 2lbs/week and nothing).

For an exercise day I just add the rough (or exact if I use a machine) number of calories to the AMR that are burnt through exercise and then I am happy if I eat that number or 1000 less.

This means weight loss will be slow, but like you I'm happy with this. I also think it will make maintaining much easier - as there will be no transition to a "normal diet" - I will be eating my normal diet anyway. I just had a look and my AMR on a non-exercise day when I reach goal weight will be 2280 calories. That's quite a lot of food - and won't be much of a reduction on what I've been eating for the last few weeks!

Like you say I think it's best to find a lifestyle that suits - I'm not in any real rush to be thinner. I know some folks want to be thin right now, but for me, well, most days I "like me" and I'm mostly happy. Being obese is something I would like to change about myself but it doesnt really upset me. Other days are different of course :cry:

That's why I don't really "plan" meals - I just have to make sure I eat them every few hours and write the numbers down in the fridge book!

Long long day! Just realised I've been up almost 20 hours and thats probably not so good for ol' weightloss, so posting this and getting into bed!

Day 33
Weight - 268.5 (Finally under 270, was it a "scale error" - I did three readings... Or.... a super achievement? Time will tell!)
Diet - P:247.8 , C:269.6 , F:87 , Calories:2852.6
Exercise: Resistance:

Behind Head Shoulder Press: 6x52.5kg, 6x52.5kg (Next week 55kg)
Push Press: 6x57.5kg, 6x57.5kg, 2x60kg, 2x62kg (Next week 60kg) - Wrists a little achey, will wrap them next time
Raises: 6x10kg, 6x10kg

Immediately after:

Cycling 30mins, 11.7k, 212kcal

Thoughts: soooo tiiiired!

Last edited:
Long long day! Just realised I've been up almost 20 hours and thats probably not so good for ol' weightloss, so posting this and getting into bed!

Day 33
Weight - 268.5 (Finally under 270, was it a "scale error" - I did three readings... Or.... a super achievement? Time will tell!)
Diet - P:247.8 , C:269.6 , F:87 , Calories:2852.6
Exercise: Resistance:

Behind Head Shoulder Press: 6x52.5kg, 6x52.5kg (Next week 55kg)
Push Press: 6x57.5kg, 6x57.5kg, 2x60kg, 2x62kg (Next week 60kg) - Wrists a little achey, will wrap them next time
Raises: 6x10kg, 6x10kg

Immediately after:

Cycling 30mins, 11.7k, 212kcal

Thoughts: soooo tiiiired!
Well done you:happy036:It hurts me to ride a bike but I've been brave and purchased the Zumba DVD. It promises a 500 calorie burn for one hour of exercise. I shall start tonight and promise you I won't be doing it infront of anyone:eek:
YouTube - ZUMBA!!!!!

Well done Lift, I just know you WILL be under 270 :) I know what you mean about reading the scales, the week I lost 7lb, I took the reading 3 times, didn't believe my luck first time!!!! :eek:

Have a great weekend :)

Last attempt...a zumba dvd???? Great idea..where do I get one????? :)..think I might actually give that one a go..in the comfort of my own home of course :rolleyes:

Hello Last_Attempt and Rose and Thank you ! :) Zumba at home... hmmm I think I might like to try that too - got to keep the cardio varied me thinks or it gets so very dull! :(

Last night I was too tired to post and fell asleep so ho here it is:

Day 34
Weight-271 (booo)
Diet-P:205.7,C:209.5,F:71.8, Calories:2307
Exercise: Nope I just didnt get the chance :( will do lots today !

Gonna be a tough day :)

xxxx Hope everyone is happy and good!

well in 33 days you have lost a stone - well done mate

i was just wondering are you male or female?

no by safer i meant you would lose more - my mum went to weight watchers before and one thing the woman told her which i agree with is that food is by far the most important thing when it comes to weight loss; eating healthier and exercise are great - but the quantity of calories is the most important thing. for example if you do a half hour run you will burn off about 3-400 calories and this is the same as eating a mars bar.

i think you should be eating only 1500 cal/day

when someone is larger like nearly 300lb the weight will come off much faster then someone not as large - that is why some large people on biggest loser etc lose 10lb - stone in one week

Hi Lift :)

Wishing you lots of luck for your weigh in tomorrow too :D

Have a great day :)

Good luck Lift for weigh in :)

i really need to find out whre to purchase a zumba dvd, really fancy it....with an empty house and curtains closed of course! :D Remember to tell me if you go ahead and get one too!

As cactus rightly says, if you're bigger, like a 300lb starting weight (ME!!!! :eek:) the weight does come off faster in the early days YAY :), but it does slow down like everyone else's!!!! that's where and when I need to keep focused and motivated, hoping my mind is in the right place THIS time to deal with that though...feels as if it is :D

Have a great sunday, enjoy 'making up' for lost exercising time yesterday ;)

Fingers crossed for us all tomorrow :eek:

Back