My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

One day at a time dizzydelly!..baby steps!.. thank you for your support and dropping in to take the time to write. So many really supportive and great people on here.. I think this site is going to be invaluable for me..

Off to make some things for my craving attacks..as suggested earlier!.

Hi Kizzie, forgot you were in carib! Why dont you see if you can get ground almond/almond flour - might be a bit more easily acquirable! You can make little almond flour cup cakes - you can only have one as its higher carb than flax but still very yummy & craving satisfying (recipe on sticky)

yum. sounds great! If I get desperate I'll try that. I've just had

Lunch: shredded chicken breast fried with garlic, curry powder and mushrooms topped with cauliflower mashed with butter and cream.. I'm not half way through a bowl of sugar free cherry jelly and some cream.. YUM!...

*Have managed to drink 2 litres of water so far today and it's only 4.30pm..

Hi Kizzie and welcome! Love the honesty of your posts. I think you may have found just what you're looking for in Atkins. :D

So day three started great.

Breakfast: Atkins bar -love the cranberry breakfast bar

Spend the entire day on the beach flying kites (kids learning to kite surf)... lots of running around... swimming and playing..

Lunch: Restaurant with great seafood. Grilled jumbo shrimp, Octopus sauteed with garlic and wine.. with salad.. Unfortunately I couldn't eat much as my LAPBAND got blocked, so I had about a half cup of food.. Wasn't particularly hungry -too busy.. the kids ate two baskets of bread followed by french fries and fried chicken.. I didn't touch any of theirs!!.. GO ME!..

Dinner: I was starving by the time I got back and hadn't organised my evening meal. I ate grilled chicken breast with homemade pesto (just a teaspoon as I'm not supposed to have nuts yet).. and a tablespoon of grilled onions.

Made it to the evening.. and what happened?... I must have had something bad during dinner (maybe the nuts??) but I was in a carb frenzy!... and TOTALLY let myself go... the kids were eating cookies with milk... at that point I didn't touch them.. their nanny came in with cheetos, doritos and regular potato chips.. and I didn't touch them... so what went wrong?... I managed to eat FIVE sugar cookies.. I don't really even know why I did it!?. I can't recall the thoughts I was thinking.. but I completely failed!.. on the evening of DAY THREE!?.....

I hasten to add that it is now the time for Aunt Flo to appear...so it could be that?... but after doing so well.. I succumbed to the sugar cookie...

so.. back on the wagon again.. and off we go again.. DAY ONE INDUCTION!... :( This is STILL the diet for me.. I just need to figure out my carb triggers and what exactly is letting my willpower down... baffled today to say the least!.

Breakfast "chocolate atkins shake"

Waterworks.. did you lose ALL of that weight between June 2010 and September 2010?.. that's INCREDIBLE!.. a friend of mine in England has just lost three stone in 6 weeks on LIPOTRIM.. You both have so much more willpower than me!.. well done you!

Hi Kizzie

Don't worry too much, hun - totm always make me crave crabs too. I think the key is preparation, I make sure I always have something cooked and in the fridge to graze on - and pork scratchings!

Thanks Ladyfelsham.

I have pork scratchings in the house in Miami but I can't get them where I am.. but it's sweet stuff I'm craving.. I've made another pot of SF Jello..so I can have that with cream later.. I can't wait to get back to the US and try the 'MiM' things I've been reading about.
Thanks for your support. I didn't have my computer with me last night so couldn't log on to find some willpower!

Snacking on the remainders of the Sugar Free Jello. (No cream left in the house.. need to shop!)

*Note to self

Starting induction again today.. had my chocolate shake.. went to the kitchen for my coffee (freshly ground Dominican coffee.. what a treat).. and saw two huge packages of pecan nuts.. I went to open one of them THREE times.. and put them down again.. Thoughts: Demon "it's just a handful of nuts". Me: "No, I can't have them on induction'.. Demon: "yes you can if you're careful.. you're still cutting out sugar and white carbs'.. Me:"ok then.. NO NO NO"..

Seriously. this is what goes through my head.. while my hands pick up and put down the pecan nuts repeatedly.. If someone saw me I swear they'd have me committed..

... I walked away without the pecans. It's still only lunch time. I have lesson planning to do and correspondence to do.

Hi Shona

Do you think the onions could be causing my carb cravings? I thought they were allowed in moderation during induction.

it may well be the onions, Kizzie, they are carby.

Ok.. from today, I'll remove them. Thank you for the tips.... I'll update my diary later on.. had a big failure at the weekend.. but I'm back on again.. and I've just found a gym for the remainder of my time in the Caribbean..Cannot wait to get back to Miami and my routine!

Superbowl Sunday happened.. and Atkins plan stopped happening.. typical.. as usual made it til 9pm and then had a handful of pecan nuts and then CHEETOS!.. grr..

THis morning I'm starting a SIX week mini plan.. rather than attack the whole picture I"m attacking a small one. THere are TEN weeks until my 38th birthday. So I'm splitting my mini plan in two.. I want to get to 180 pounds in 6 weeks.. that's 12 pounds.. do-able.. and then by my 38th birthday I want to be between 165 and 170..
This is IT.. I"m laying down the GAUNTLET to myself and Mr. Demon

Today's food

Breakfast: Strawberry Atkins shake .. 1 litre of Crystal Light 0 cals.. 0 carbs

Lunch Chocolate Atkins shake ... 1 litre of Crystal Light

Snack: 2 celery sticks with philadelphia cream cheese

Dinner: 2 egg omlette cooked in butter.. with a heap of minced soy protein (not veggie. it was handy and available) and cheese. with a side of tuna and blue cheese dressing.

Done.. *oh and more water... I"m not craving ANYTHING tonight.

I went to the gym for an hour .. I found one nearby but they charge 100 dollars for a WEEK!!.. shocking.. but I need it. I did 20 mins on the treadmill.. random setting at level 10. Used my arms and didn't hold on.
Kettle Bell throws. Tricep dips.. bicep curls, Russian twists, Sit ups on the exercise ball x40, Abductor and Adductor machine reps 12 x 3 sets. Exercise ball wall squats.. and 5 minute interval training on the eliptical machine. 45 seconds at 6mp.. with 20 second bursts at above 9mph..

feel great.. needed it.. and can't wait to get back to Miami and my trainer!!!..

**I was prescribed a contraceptive pill just after Christmas to help with my PCOS and skin problems.. I've had terrible side effects.. such as bad moods, tearful, exhausted. I only stopped taking them last week.. so I'm wondering if they may have something to do with my cravings too??.. I think they should be completely out of my system now.. so hopefully I'm onto a good thing again.

Morning Kizzie.

Morning Jim!

Feeling GREAT today -where food is concerned!.. ready for another day.. however, I have a cold and a horrible headache.. to early for Atkins flu.. never mind...

Busy day.. then off to the gym again tonight. Will log food later and any contact with Mr Demon!

There's a lot of crud going around Kizzie, not sure why, I thought freezing winters were supposed to kill bugs off.

It's horrible Jim...and I"m in a hot climate.. maybe the heat/humidity and cold air conditioning doesn't help. The kids (my students) have all been sick for about a month.. and I've been fine.. until this morning! Grrr.. ..headache is subsiding..

Breakfast: Atkins Vanilla shake.. and coffee with two splenda..

I'm going to see if the splenda makes a difference in my cravings etc. I've stopped drinking diet coke and stopped eating onions in an effort to find my triggers. I didn't have coffee and splenda yesterday so maybe it could be a trigger..

I'm feeling quite satiated right now. I've already drunk a litre of crystal light (It is a zero calorie flavouring to add to water for those who don't know.. their pink lemonade is to die for!).. and aim to guzzle loads more water throughout the day. I know I'm on the verge of dehydration most days so I have to make a conscious effort to drink and drink...

**How long does it usually take on induction to get to the ketosis stage? roughly how many days?

Day Two.. and it feels like I'm kicking butt!.. I feel MUCH stronger than last week on my first three days before I allowed Mr Demon to win the fight.. I am hoping the pill I was on and eliminating onions and diet coke etc have made a difference this week.. Feeling quite excited at how much weight I can lose before the weekend and before I fly back to Miami!..

Back