My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

hi Kizzie well done so far, i am like u have had ups n downs but trying hard now. re started yesterday an did well.
B- 2 scrambled eggs
Mushrooms

Lunch- Nothing was in a long meeting

Dinner - chicken drummers 3 with a bit of chicken breast
cup of iceberg lettuce
2 spring onions
mushrooms

Snack- 2 slices of cheese (30g each)
Slice of corn beef

i Think this is OK, tell me if its not... I will do this with you also as i am 242 pounds n want to get to 165 at least but my little goal is 200 pounds for now keep me more motivated. Ive got stickers round my room ..
'nothing tastes as good as being slim', 'You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance'

Things like this lol. but it helps to look at them as i imagine myself in the summer happier n more confident and self assured.

Bit about me, i did lipotrim in 2008, lost 8 stone, had a tummy tuck dec 2009, then split with ex n put 6 stone on. so nw im 242 pounds. bad but hey i can do it again. I will follow an update this diary if ok Kizzie. Well done Jim you look fab!

Hey there Lyns.

Good to hear from you! I've gone tits up this past few weeks. I can't seem to get motivated... or should I say. I can't seem to stay on track.. every single day is a constant battle.. I seem to get there and then POW i"m eating carbs again and chocolate.. etc.. always telling myself I'll start again tomorrow. I've just ordered two weeks of WONDERSLIM meal replacement shakes to get me started... Three shakes and a soup a day... I was fed up in the Caribbean not finding anything Atkins friendly to eat.. hence my struggle... I"m headed back there this weekend for a week.. so taking the shakes with me.. bleurgh.. I just WISH I could find that willpower again..

I know I will. because this is a MUST.. I need to get into the 180's before the end of Feb...

Congrats on the 8 stone weight loss.. WOW.. you CAN and you WILL do it again..forget the 6 stone gain.. you've still lost 2 stone!... incredible.. I lost 2.5 stone with LAPBAND surgery.. and got stuck.. so it's all up to me now.. (as it was before surgery!).. and we can do it..

I think I need to get on this site.. or leave it on my screen all day to help me out.. as a teacher I sit at my desk a lot... and when I head to the kitchen I smell the coffee and know I'm about to bugger up the day adding creamer to my coffee.. (bad move for me...as I then want sugar.. or splenda.. and I can't only have three sachets a day.. they are a trigger for me to crave more sugar)...

So .. yes please do this with me. I feel quite alone right now.. even my personal trainer has pretty much stopped weighing me and asking me how my diet is going.. as I've barely had a loss since NOvmber.. He tries his hardest to make me work out hard.. and I do.. three hours a week with him.. and my twice a day (six days a week) when I'm not with him..... but its NOT enough.. I have to stop stuffing my face and making excuses for doing it..

let's tackle this together. I'm so glad you're here!

Morning Kizzie,

The first battle is to get your head in the right place!!

thanks Jim.. as you can tell it's a battle I won't quit on. Every day I will 'do' this... until I can 'do' this... we all have our own personal issues to sort out 'hence' why we have the weight problem in the first place.. so I'll keep going and going and going until I do win... my problem in the past is giving up after a failure or two.. but I can't afford to do that. I have to keep getting back 'on' again..

and I will.. and I will win!..

I've got a lovely white tiled bathroom .. and last night I put post-it notes on each tile.. starting with 200 pounds right down to 170 pounds... I've already put a big check through the 200, 199, 198 so I can 'see' progress.. but I"m going to utilise this tool every day.. I borrowed some scales until mine arrive on Friday...

thanks for your never ending support. I appreciate it dearly considering I'm up and down like a typical yo yo dieter!.. and you haven't given up on me.. :)

thank you!.. I"m genuinely grateful to find this site. I"m leaving it on my desktop and have it as my homepage now so I can read through it when things get rough..

I guess if it was 'easy' none of us would be here right?... I"m not expecting people to read my diary.. it really is for my own benefits.. when I'm having good days I want to look back on my willpower for the days that aren't so good.. there are so many great diaries to read through too.. so I really will do it...

I have the Atkins book on my Kindle.. and the recipe book... I'm off to the supermarket tonight to load up on lots of lovely things for ME.... and I have my journal handy for jotting down what I am actually shoving into my mouth!.. *to find my triggers!..

THANK YOU!!!!! Here's to posting my after pics SOON!

Breakfast: Roasted chicken, shredded with a dollop of mayo and dijon mustard. Coffee, cream and stevia (two packets)

Snack: Two boiled eggs

Lunch: chicken caesar salad

Dinner: 'spaghetti' and meatballs, greens and home made mushroom gravy.. (using a recipe I found on here.. stock cube, water.. butter..mushroom and maybe even CREAM)..

LOVE the idea of spaghetti made from courgettes... I found it in the Atkins booklet.. I'm going to try it.. cutting the courgette/zucchini into long thin strips.. steam and then add butter.. serve like pasta.. YUMMY..

I have sugar free jello's too.. I'll have one or two of those with cream.. when I get my aitchy taitchy moment tonight

Dinner has changed.. I went to the supermarket and they had some fabulous offers on seafood.. (JUMBO SHRIMP) Scallops.. YUM.. so I'm defrosting some of the shrimp to have with some melted butter and a small pot of mayo with a teaspoon of ketchup (4g carbs in a tablespoon)... I'm also steaming up some very tiny and thin asparagus to dip into the butter too.. YUMMY!...

** must say.. as this is really my first day on induction .. AGAIN.... (and my last first day. )... I"M SO "BUNGED" up..... soooo constipated.. it hurts to walk.. I had the two eggs for breaky.. then the chicken caesar salad at lunch.... and I've just snacked on two mozarella sticks. I've drunk 2 liters of water already.. and only had one coffee with cream and two packets of 'stevia'....Hoping this doesn't last long!

Couldn't find ground flaxseeds at the SM so buying online tonight.. really want a MiM when I"m craving carbs!..

**It's 8.30 pm and I"m actually NOT craving carbs! ... maybe an egg at breakfast is the way forward..

Exercise: My PT is off sick this week but sent me a text stating the following "I'm taking an extra day off sick as I'm not 100% this does NOT mean YOU take the day off"... ha.. I thought that was brilliant.. so I DID actually drag my arse to the gym and did a really fast 30 mins on the treadmill.. with a 14% incline.. and then I did some resistance training..
-bicep curls 10 pound weights: 3 sets: 15 reps each arm
-Tricep dips: Arm above head with 10 pound weight lowering and raising 3 sets 15 reps.. (I use my alternate hand to keep my elbow close to my head)
Sit ups: I use an exercise ball and lay right back on it.. and crunch up 3 sets of 30 crunches
Wall squats: Exercise ball behind my back against a wall.. feet hip width apart.. lower into seated position.. should only feel exertion in your thighs.. NOT your knees (my knees are buggered and I can do this).. raise arms out to the front on lowering.. 3 sets of 10 squats.. on the 10th squat.. HOLD for 10-20 seconds..

there.. I usually finish with 15 mins on the bike as fast as I can go for one minute.. with 30 seconds rests between spurts...I didn't tonight as my trainer wasn't there to make me! LOL

Heya, did u manage to message pierce in the end?? If you're unsure how to do so go to the message tab at the top n then send message. Add pierce as the person it's going to (he's one of the site admins so can move n create things in the forums). The just send a msg asking him to move your diary to the new Atkins diary section.

Day Two: Off to a GREAT Start... Scales read 197 this morning... I was 199 yesterday.. so hoping this is the weight coming OFF again. Mad that I was down to 192 three weeks ago and my lack of will power piled on more than 8 pounds.. heyho... live and learn.

Breakfast: Scoop of tuna with mayo and a squirt of dijon mustard (having trouble with my lapband this morning.. too tight.. so it's taking me over an hour to eat the scoop!!)
Coffee with cream and two splenda packs.. (I want to see how it affects me today)

Working.. keeping busy.. still need to go to the BATHROOM!..

Flax will help keep you regular but maybe buy a herbal laxative in the meantime?

Awe THANKS Rosebud!.. PAIN!.. and the worst part is that I"m still 'eating''.. so I feel like I'm cloggin up even more.. Have drank about 2 litres of water again (It's lunchtime here now).. so hoping that helps.. Going to look for a laxative tea now... (Just don't want it to work when I'm at the gym! LOL!)

Lunch.. BLOODY YUM!...
Mashed cauliflower - boiled in chicken stock and seasoned with garlic, oregano-mashed with a dollop of butter *BLOODY YUM*.. and double cream.. then sprinkled with mozzarella cheese..
Half a chicken breast, diced (due to my lapband).. and sauteed in butter, ginger powder and curry powder.. YUMMY YUM YUM!!

Morning Jim!.. Here's to day THREE!.. Feeling GREAT! Certainly helps being in routine and having the right foods around!

Breakfast: two mozzarella cheese strings. Coffee with cream and stevia (2 packets)

**Yeeehhaaa!.. Incentive incentive...
Induction:

Day One: 200 pounds
Day two: 197 pounds
Day three: 196 pounds
Day four: that's tomorrow..

I"ve just booked VIP tickets for ULTRA Festival Miami haha.. my all time favourite band are playing the first day.. SOOoo excited.. DURAN DURAN!!!!.. wahhhhh

Lunch.. WOw!.. (I know I should be more disciplined to post all of my meals together.. but I can't.. so I won't).. hehe

Lunch YUMMY YUMMY YUM YUM: CREAMY CURRIED CHICKEN SOUP!
Shredded roasted chicken sauteed with knob of butter, ground ginger and ground curry powder.. added two tablespoons of cream and some chicken stock, S&P... no mushrooms to add today.. but this tastes divine!

Hi kizzie,

Yes i totally understand where your coming from, its really difficult. For me, its all or nothing. So i either eat, and i mean Eat, or starve i.e Lipotrim.. this time i couldnt face doing lipotrim, im on my own most the time and cooking is my little pleasure, take that away and i feel Lost. So at least from atkins u can still eat.

So on this meal replacement your doing, after you have come off it will you be doing Atkins again or a calorie controlled diet?

I have almost read the Atkins book now, im reading now and its very imformative. Ive scoured the internet for info and everything seems good with it.

Watch this Kizzie when you have time The Atkins Diet: Fat or Fiction - Channel 4 in the clip there are some idiots who just dont understand Atkins, but hey,
its really good and will give u the motivation to stick with atkins when you have done your shakes for a couple of weeks. let me know how u get on with your shakes keep posting and i will do an we can support each other in anyway we can.

Today
B egg/ sausage/ bacon

L 2 chicken legs

T steak/ califlower/ mushrooms/spring onions

Snack - 2 baby bells

Hi Lyns

My meal replacement foods arrived this morning.. I couldn't wait.. so I'm on day three (finishing) of Atkins.. I'm going to do induction and see what happens. I hope I can do it.

Dinner tonight: at the RED LOBSTER restaurant chain here in Miami.
Appetiser: crab and lobster stuffed mushrooms with monterey jack cheese melted on the top
Entree: 1.5 pounds of steamed snow crab legs! with melted butter for dipping.. (multi culinary orgasmic) .. a few steamed broccoli florets.. dipped in same melted butter!
and diet coke.

My friend ate deep fried coconut shrimp with pina colada dipping sauce.. (that's my fave!!)
lobster tails and garlic shrimp... then a huge warm chocolate chip cookie with melting chocolate oozing from it.. and icecream with fudge sauce on the top.. I was so fine not having any. I did get a whiff of it. which was hard.. but I was still eating my snow crab and enjoying every bite.. (with my Lapband I still have to eat slowly)..
About to take a shower and have some SF jello and cream!..

I enjoy the atkins theory.. I just have a hard time remembering how many carbs I'm having..

Looking forward to supporting each other Lyns... Not sure I can watch Channel 4 over here.. there is a lot of copyright bullshit.. :( Maybe some of it is on youtube.

Back