My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Lunch: two egg omlette, grated gouda cheese, soy protein (2tbsp), and two slices of bacon
1 litre of crystal light - raspberry ice flavour.

Not hungry today.. but I'm making myself eat something as I'm going to the gym after school is finished today. I am not usually hungry after the gym but I want to make sure I"m getting my protein in.

Feeling MUCH stronger.. this doesn't feel like a fight anymore.. must be those foods/drugs that i've stopped eating/taking.. Wahoo... I can't wait to weigh myself!

Hi Kizzie, where abouts are you in the carib? We have a holiday in april and Im now worrying about how we will not get overloaded with carbs!
Thanks

Hi Kat1e

I"m in the Dominican Republic right now. I brought a whole bunch of atkins shakes with me but I travel on a private plane so I'm lucky I don't have to worry about weight allowance etc and food in my luggage. You'll have to be careful to avoid all the luscious tropical fruits and juices.. they are to die for!.. BUT having said that.. we have an abundance of fresh fish and shellfish.. fill your boots!.. you'll get loads of fresh salads etc.. and cheeses..

It's hard for me because I live in a very secure environment. I work for a VIP so basically I have access to whatever they have in their kitchen. It's a long way to the local supermarket (and anyway, I wouldn't take my life in my hands and drive here)... You'll be fine!.. You can always contact the hotel/complex and ask them for their online menus etc for restaurants.. oh and the waiting staff in this region are always happy to please.. for example after the gym tonight I went with my friend to a beautiful beach side restaurant for tuna tartare and I asked them to make sure there was no sauce with sugar etc in it.. and I had a basic tuna tartare with spicy mayo and avocado.. and a diet coke (which I was going to avoid.. but my friend was pushing me to have a glass of wine.. she really doesn't understand the atkins plan.. and was saying.. it's only 200 calories!!)..

ok.. went off on a tangent there but basically everyone is very accommodating in restaurants and hotels.

Morning Kizzie, your job sounds fascinating love. And you've passed the magic number of posts then. :D

Very odd.. as soon as I'd hit the 50.. your photos popped up! .. I've made a photo album.. and need to update it since I"m down into the 190s now.. and out of the 200's....

My job is pretty interesting.. but I never know where I'm going to be from one week to the next.. not great for consistency with dieting I can tell you..but I'm managing. I've been doing it for over 5 years.

Breakfast today.. (not particularly hungry..which is good)
Atkins chocolate shake

You have to hit 50 posts for a lot of the stuff to work on this forum Kizzie, keeps away time wasters I suppose.

The whole of Mini's is much more colourful after 50 posts!

Sure looks like it! I'm a bit confused getting around the site sometimes. Adding photos took me ages last night and now I can't put them in order of weight loss.. never mind.

Lunch is calling.. not sure what to have.. we always have eggs and cheese...so an omlette again probably.. or broccoli with cheese and some ham... I"ll see when I get there. I always have trouble with my LapBand on the first solids of the day.. most foods get stuck.. and I have to wait ages for it to go through.. so something soft and easy ... (scrambled eggs actually get stuck.. strangely enough).. maybe tuna mayonnaise. Off I go..

Hi kizzie, wrote a long post earlier but it seems to have disappeared :(

Will sumarise - thanks for info - i love seafood so that should sort it :)

Breakfast: Atkins chocolate shake
Lunch: ended up being two slices of ham, with two fried eggs, a scoop of tuna mayo and some sugar free jello.

probably not eat much for dinner.. I'm pretty full maybe a shake
Exercise: gym 1 hour: 20 minutes of cardio (5 mins interval training on the eliptical, treadmill interval training 15 minutes) 40 minutes of resistance training. usually 300 calories.
Water: aiming for 3 litres today
Alcohol: I rarely drink.

Awe thanks Dizzy.. still have a lot left to lose.. looks like we're at the same juncture.. similar starting and finishing points!.. .. except you started only a few weeks ago!..

I'd love to do this with you considering we're about the same weight and height!.. where do you post your daily food intakes? are you on induction or into OWL? I might try and stay on induction for as long as possible..

I ate my ham and eggs.. and now feel BLOATED. I checked the ham and it's fine.. not cured with sugar or honey or anything.. very pure.. maybe have to cut out ham now?!

Back in Miami.. wahooo!!..
Went to the supermarket and bought a few things for induction. I think I'll stay on it for as long as possible.. I have 50 pounds to lose and really want to attack this with all guns..

Suffering from GAS/WIND!!!.. not nice.. trying to stick to the 'two' Atkins products a day. Ate two bars for Phases 2.3.4 yesterday.. D'OH!.. so have put those away. I don't really like the Induction phase bars. So I might just not have them. ...

I haven't weighed myself in almost three weeks. My scales ran out of battery in the Caribbean.. so I've ordered a new one from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I just hope I haven't GAINED.. I've had my ups and downs on induction.. just need to focus on my mini goals..

TWo weeks to get into the 180's.. I CAN DO IT! .. and I WILL DO IT!..

Hi kizzie, glad you are back somewhere you can take control. Go girl :D

Morning Kizzie, the new scales are bound to show a different weight love

Who is Pierce?.. a diary thread would be VVV handy!.. I have to scroll through to find this!!..

thanks Claire! SCALES ARRIVE FRIDAY!...

Back