My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Thanks Susie, Technically I"m on day 4 now of strict induction but it's been a week of low carbing (haha.. that just auto corrected to crabbing! lol)…

I feel I need the veggies. Tonight's chicken dish changed a bit.. I did it in a pan, with a 1/4 chopped onion, garlic, chicken breast, bacon, mushrooms, a dollop of sour cream and then a handful of spinach at the end (didn't have time to roast the breasts).. and served it with some broccoli and green beans. Yum.. it was lovely. Last night we had courgette soup, so there's at least veggies in the evening meal.. Sadly, I still struggle with lettuce (lap band, even though empty causes me terrible troubles sometimes) so I avoid it and have spinach instead… retraining myself day by day :)

Thanks for the support! you're a rock star! :)

Brand new day :) Had a fab day teaching Phys Ed at school today. Had a heap of my students from last year tell me they miss me teaching full time and could I please come back. QUite surprising to see a bunch of year 12 students running across the school grounds yelling my name! lol.. Lovely to be wanted :) Happy Valentine's Day to all :)

Breakfast: Atkins Chocolate Shake *I think this is going to be a regular thing.. although I'm going to try to think of alternatives on busy school mornings
Lunch: One can of Mackerel with spinach leaves
Snack: Black coffee with Equal
Dinner: BBQ! one cumberland sausage, half a pork chop, half a chicken breast, 1/4 piece of salmon, kimichi, green beans and tzatziki
Dessert: SF strawberry mousse (SF jelly whipped up with cream and water)
Later: One simply less peppermint/dark chocolate bar
Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: LOADS.. running around with the kids during sport and treading water for 30 minutes :)

Mindset: Happy, content, focused :)

Awww that's lovely re the kids missing you, Kimmie :) So rare for teenagers to express how they really feel, normally.

And woohoo on the spinach on that menu of yours, girl :D it all sounds lovely - are you enjoying the food?

How is the Simply choc going? A lot of no sugar choc has polyols in them, evil chemical stuff that does bad stuff to your digestive system (in some cases, like mine, we are talking major tum pains and evil smelling painful pharfing! :eek:) - so have a look at the ingredient list and just check. Anyway you will soon know if you are affected by the polyols!

Ooh ok. I"ll have a look tomorrow.. just heading to bed now. No side effects yet, it's only 20g so it's not a lot and I restrict myself to one a day IF I need the chocolate fix. Definitely in ketosis.. stix went dark pink Hurrah!

LOVING the food!.. Not sure about buying low carb products though. do they REALLY work?.. low carb websites have bread, pancake mixes, all sorts.. maybe once i"m off induction.. but i really want to keep burning… so I'll most likely be on induction for as long as possible.

.. check in again tomorrow. .just took my sleeping pill.. fresh clean house, bed, pjs etc.. looking forward to a long sleep and lie in tomorrow :).. 11.30pm :)

Well done onkeeping focused Kizzie and hopefully sleep is good:)

Generally i recommend avoiding low carb substitutes when you dont NEED them but absolutely using them in emergency:) xx

I'm there with you Katie.. Just wondering what I could get away with feeding the low carb parents who are complaining about breakfasts…….. they've moved onto OWL very early so I've told them the weight loss will slow down a lot.. they're on greek yoghurt with berries.. I think they'll be better off on Paleo.. but i'll have to look into it… gggrrr…

Good day today..
Brunch: bacon and eggs
Snack: hot chocolate (cocoa, water, cream and equal)
Dinner: not sure yet..
Water: 2 liters (with low carb cordial)
Exercise: Walking 1 hour

Frame of mind: Happy but really lethargic and slightly grumpy

Fab day :) cuddled a baby kangaroo today.. what an incredible experience! So soft and so vulnerable. Too cute.

Anyway, I wasn't particularly hungry today so that was a first !!

Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Brunch: Coffee, chicken caesar salad (small)
Dinner: roast pork, kale and cauliflower cheese
Snack; Baby bel, pork scratchings
water: 1.5 litres

Exercise: Walking 45 minutes

Frame of mind: Happy, but wired. Hardly sleeping. I feel energized all day. Up early and not sleeping until past 1am.. not sure what's up with that!

Hoping for a great week 2 :)

Bizarre! Well into week 2 :) and i have no appetite! Not just that, but I"m not craving anything in particular either.. especially sweet things. Got to be a good thing.

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg
Snack: coffee with splash of cream and Equal
Lunch: left over cauliflower cheese (half a cup)
Dinner: Lasagne (with leeks instead of pasta sheets) *Pork mince, sage, mushrooms, cheese sauce *Philadelphia, sour cream, parmesan.
Dessert: hot chocolate (water, cocoa and a splash cream with equal) IF I feel like something. I didn't prepare jelly today. I would normally make the Sugar free jelly/cream mousse thing, as it takes very little time to set, but I think I've been over doing the cream so don't want to stall. We'll see how the evening goes. :)

Exercise: not much today!
Water: not enough : 3 large glasses
Frame of mind: Content, no real issues *Still not sleeping though!

Bizarre! Well into week 2 :) and i have no appetite! Not just that, but I"m not craving anything in particular either.. especially sweet things. Got to be a good thing.

Low carb does that - you fill up quickly and some days you don't feel like eating at all - so don't force it, just get the water down you.

And Katie often reports back that she has little or no sweet tooth now. I've always been more of a savoury person, so my sweet tooth is ok after a hot hazelnut milk drink with some Da Vinci syrup.

I love the hazelnut milk - chuck it in the microwave, zap for 3 minutes and if you can't get the syrups, try sprinkling some cinnamon on top - it's like a lovely malted drink but with very low carbs :)

Sounds delicious and right up my street when I'm looking for something soothing in the evening :) Not sure we can get it here but I'll find out! :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Day 12 of induction :) Still going strong! hurrah.. Very successful day today.. although not eating enough I think … still no appetite.. which I'm actually enjoying! Not tempted, no cravings for anything sweet today. No shakes, no low carb chocolate bars etc.

Had a lovely day out with my Mum and sister, girlie day. Shopping, brunching, relaxing watching the dolphins swim by whilst we were having brunch. A beautiful warm and sunny day :)

Brunch: two poached eggs and two rashers of back bacon. Diet Coke
Afternoon tea: Coffee with Equal and the foam from the cappuccino machine (have to work out the carbs for that! eek)
Dinner: two slices of roast pork and a handful of spinach leaves
Water: 1 litre
Exercise: Walking and weight lifting (aka shopping!)
Alcohol: none

Mindset: Happy, content, focused, not craving anything.

No shakes, no low carb chocolate bars etc.

Well done Kizzie - that's what we call clean and green eating! It's the quickest way to lose weight on Atkins, rather than filling up with what Jim (longstanding member of the forum) calls Frankenfoods (sugar free stuff) :) if you can lose the sweet tooth that's half the battle, I think.

And dolphins - ooooooooohhhh! :)

Sounds like your doing amazing, it must be all the sugar free things that make us crave more. I def am finding the more natural I keep it the better it works. If you could see a picture of all the food I was eating before I started this compared to now it's totally shocking. I never had food out of my hand and now i'm not interested just my meal times. I am feeling tired though so I need to increase my water I'm gonna get a 2l bottle and keep it on the bench I find it helps to see it. Your weigh in this week should be fab, well done x

Thanks Susie. It was definitely a 98% frankenfoods free day (Equal in my coffee!!).. but I feel good for it!.. Will try to do the same tomorrow.. but it's harder with school as I find the shakes so easy to have at hand.. I guess as it's early days I"ll figure out what works the best way for me. Wish I could have poached eggs and bacon every day! LOL .. yum. anyway.. not sure what weight loss will be like this week as I'm having a few 'bathroom' issues! lol.. TMI sorry.. Have to up the water intake I guess.. I certainly don't feel as though I'm losing much this week compared to the water weight last week.. so we'll see.. Thursday SHOULD be my weigh in but I'm doing Sundays now.. so I'll have a three day extra bumper hopefully to add to the incentive :)

Thanks for your post Susie :)

Have a great Wednesday tomorrow.. Will try to go to sleep.. My peaceful day ended up extremely stressful and full of anxiety.. so I'm wide awake (yet exhausted) at 1am.. School tomorrow! Covering media studies.. It will be good to see the kids anyway.

Take care

Louise

Angela, I find the sugar free things just stall me now.. they didn't when I first tried Atkins.. but maybe with my aging body it's rejecting those kinds of foods.. we'll see. As I've said in a previous post, I"m only on week 2 (of the umpteenth time of trying) but feel very motivated to keep going. My Dad - bless him- has now lost 19 pounds in 6 weeks.. He's doing his own thing but low carb all the same. He's happy with the weight coming off.. and he's 65!! so it can be done at all ages.. However, I do believe it works best first time around! He's got a great mindset and won't stop or be tempted at all. He put his mind to it when he weighed himself after Christmas and the shock got him straight onto 'that diet Lou did '. :)…. bless.. He's gone from sandwiches and left over dinners for school lunch, along with crackers and cheese, to a small container of cherry tomatoes, babybel cheese, celery and berries and he loves it! He has two spoons of greek yoghurt with berries for breakfast and I make an induction meal for dinner.. he's so happy.. bless him.

Ok, I digress! but his motivation and success is keeping me going too. I cook everything in the house so it's up to me to keep on top of the carbs. I try to make it as low carb as possible to accommodate his beloved cherry toms and berries :).. seems to be working!

Check in again tomorrow..

**Note: I don't eat the cherry toms and fruit. I"m pretty strict induction all the way :)

**Re- read that. It's very early hours of the morning.. I'm wide awake and rambling.. sorry!.. but heck, it's my diary.. I can ramble and digress :) lol…

*My new motto '2014 is an insomniacs party!"

I am feeling tired though so I need to increase my water I'm gonna get a 2l bottle and keep it on the bench I find it helps to see it.
Good idea!! I have to increase mine too..just to help with the weight loss and bathroom issues!!.. :) Keep it up! You're doing wonderfully!

Back