My Atkins journey from 12st to 10st 7

Don't forget you're a size smaller over here More, a US10 is a UK8, I can't remember how they do it in Italy?

Laura its the other way around, US size 10 is a size 14 here....I only know because I shop at gap...

The famous size zero is American, and is actually a UK size 4 (my daughters size)...Jx

Lol Laura.....we all do it....Jx

I have no idea what size I would be then. I only weigh 126 pounds and I wear a US size 6 in dress pants and a size 8 in jeans depending on how it is cut.. but US size 9's fit me perfectly from a US 10 to a UK 14 is a VERY big jump in size, wow... I guess I would be around the size 12 in the UK then or I just need to try on 10s and 12s there..

It's the same in men's sizes, I have trousers that are 36" that fit perfectly, but I also have some 38"'s that are tight so how is that then?

Good point Jim and Laura.. I'll just have to try on clothes when I'm in London next weekend. I'd think I would be a size 10 in the UK but like you said it depends on the clothes shop and cut.. I know some clothes I can wear a size 6 and other a size 8..

Last edited:
You'll have a great fun weekend then more, trying stuff on. :)

yes Jim I will. I'm not big on shopping but I do realize I need some clothes that fit and wearing pins in your clothes isn't attractive LOL.. At least in the UK you guys have sales like in the US. Italy's sales aren't really sales.. i often wonder how do people afford anything here.. I guess that's why they all are still living at home with mama and daddy :)

Italians are not big on getting their own place then More?

Not if you can stay home with mama and daddy who cooks and clean for you and you dont have to pay for anything.

For me I was taken back when I came here. I left home at 17 for university and lived on campus then in the summers I would work various jobs and stay with classmates in an apartment and only went home for holidays.. here you find 30 to over 40 year old still at home sleeping in their twin bed and letting mam do everything :eek:. But I will say Italians moms are a special breed :D

Dear god, I'd hate that, I was independent from the time I went to University as well More, I never went back to living at home.

I know right Jim. But that's how over 85% of the Italians live and think :sigh:

My pair never came back after Uni Laura, but things were better then I suspect. I couldn't imagine having 30 somethings living in the house, that would be so strange.

Ooooo scary thought living with your parents for that long BUT i guess it depends on your parents! Mine were a NIGHTMARE and they chucked me out at 16! lol.

Sounds like your life is bliss, no worries, no bills... and i bet you get spoilt rotten! I would LOVE parents like that lol.

LOL @ Karen, I suspect at 16 you were the nightmare love. :)

LOL, and why not, you're only young once. Mind you I have one hell of a social life. :D

Well these things are sent to try us..... its true what they say though, once you've left the nest you can never ever ever go back, oh no siree!

yes laura but that is now a recent thing for the UK. Here in Italy it's always have been this way. I just don't think it teaches you independence. I can't imagine still be at home with my folks and neither could they. I swear they had a party when my youngest brother left the house for University and they changed the locks too LOL

Changed the locks LMAO, I suggested to Colleen that we move house and not tell the kids. :D

LOL @ Jim.. my parents couldn't wait to get us out..

Back