My before/during/current pictures

hi there ian h:)
i'm new(ish) and have a fair journey ahead of me,but
just wanted to say,thanks for being such an inspiration!
you look so good and healthy.
and now you're jumping out of planes for charity!!wow,go you!!
i hope you feel so so proud of yourself.
you deserve it:D

Quality results.

Like your comments, I saw a picture of myself recently and know I have to do soemthing about it.

Seeing results like yours is inspiration!

wow ian well done on your exellent achievement:) you must be so proud of yourself:).x

Thanks Miss_Bee, AJE and Surreygal for all your kind words...

Well done Ian, I'm new to the site and am inspired reading your journey, especially as my goal when I get to target is to do a parachute jump :)

sept10compare.jpg

Here's the latest comparision picture taken tonight...

still struggling to believe the changes myself - especially after yesterday being told by the staff in M&S that they hardly stock any trousers in my size and i'd have to order them as it's too small for them to carry too many. (i was only asking for 32inch waist as well).

Hi ian, are you still loosing then? I thought you were in maint.

Jim - was happily bouncing around with the +/- 3lb that SW allows for target members - before loosing 6lbs in the last two weeks (and having lost a total of 15st last week). Needed new pics to be able to see me as i truly am after that, hence more taken last night.

have to say - this 6lb hasn't been an intentional loss - just what life has thrown at me. :)

Ah I see, If I get below 13 1/2 which I do sometimes unintentionally, my wife gives me hell, saying I look scrawny, can't win can you mate, she gave me hell when I was 25+ stone and then gives me hell if I go under. 13 1/2 LOL.

I'm lucky - no-one to nag me on that score (mind you - if i had maybe i wouldn't have gotten the way i had).

It's odd now - looking at those pics - i think it has to be time. but part of me still wants to keep going...

but i think now, enough is enough. i'll weigh in on Monday and call target again.

I'm with you on that Ian, if you are happy at your current weight then stick with it. How are you intending to maintain? Do you think there is any chance you'll go back to your old way of eating?

All i can think of saying is oh my gosh at looking at the difference in your pictures. Such an achievement. Don't let the shop workers get you down at least you are not asking for a size they don't stock because it is way too big

Well done on your fantastic weight-loss Ian. I read your 18 month journal entry yesterday, made for good reading. You should consider writing, you definitely have a way with words and there were a couple of things you said in there that really made me think.

I can sympathise with your trouser dilemma, trying to find 30 inch waist jeans with a 34 inch leg (30/34's) for my lanky son is a nightmare, poor kid has to wear his jeans so low or heavily belted because can only usually find 30/32's or 32/34's

Jim - i'll start by following the normal Slimming World suggestions of upping my healthy extra choices from 2 B to 3 B's a day. after that - who knows. I'm just hoping this time it sticks and is going to be where the body is happiest. One thing i will definately not do however - is start eating just to put weight on.

Ok Ian, good luck mate. I'm sure you'll be fine.

WOW well done!!! What a transformation!

Woah Ian that's truly amazing, you look so fantastic. I hope I have the strength to draw on the kind of reserves of will power you must have. I'm in awe! A true inspiration. I'm going to pop back to this thread everytime I want to give in and have a chinese! Thank you for sharing your wonderful journey with us! Congratulations!

hi Ktbryony and and Lozzica - thanks both for your kind words...

Lozzica - temptation has crossed my path from time to time - but to me, the question has been "do i really want this?" followed 5minutes later by "do i still really want this?" followed another 5 minutes with "will i be happy with the result if i have this?" - if the answers are all yes - then i'd go for it (no point feeling deprieved). That said - i rarely answered that third question with a "yes" - for me the end results of the journey have been the most important things and one i'm not going to sacrifice for a short term fix.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'm going to need to ask myself these questions over and over, I get so impulsive with food and I always comfort eat, weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping all this extra exercise will have helped!

I will be asking myself these three questions.

Back