my bum hurts

inhope

:wave_cry: which laxative can i take i am really constipated and it feels like i'm gona pass out when i need to go to the loo grrrrrr i drink at least 3 - 4 ltrs of water and have taken fibre clear for 3 days...........god it hurts:eek: i'm on lipotrim by the way xx

I take fibre gel original as you are not allowed the citrus flavour, but if that does not work after a couple of days I take senokot which defo does work.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo x

I take ducolax.. If had alot of trouble going since refeeding

cheers off 2 chemist 2moro....then off to the loo hopefully he he well done on ur weightloss by the way it's fantastic hope for me xxx

This may sound a bit weird but... I have a friend who does colonic irrigation for a living so she's always full of advice on poo and she says that if you're constipated then 2 good ways to get things going without laxatives is

a) do lots of squat thrusts (apparently it gets the relevant muscles moving?).

b) clench and release the muscles in your bum repeatedly - like pelvic floor exercises but for your bum.

She dislikes laxatives but maybe these exercises in addition to the laxatives will help. Oh and it's also meant to be easier to poo if you're in a kind of squat sitting like if you were on a kiddie-size loo. She recommends people put a box or something under their feet when sitting on the loo to achieve that position.
Hope everything "clears" soon.
x

yea im kind of concerned too!! i have only gone once a week and i dont know if thats normal on lt? like i dont feel constipated but am unsure of what i should be experiencing!

I was like that in the beginning too, I took senokot which kept me regular, well not regular as before, but once a week I took senokot and went twice a week, until I started eating the flapjacks (acquired taste) but one of them every day helped me to go to the loo every second day without the need of laxatives. Hope it passes - excuse the pun!

:wave_cry: which laxative can i take i am really constipated and it feels like i'm gona pass out when i need to go to the loo grrrrrr i drink at least 3 - 4 ltrs of water and have taken fibre clear for 3 days...........god it hurts:eek: i'm on lipotrim by the way xx

Aw..poor you. It's horrible isn't it :hug99:

Best not to take fibreclear if you are constipated as it can make it worse. It's a preventative rather than a cure.

Sennokot usually works to get rid of the 'blockage', then take the fibreclear regularly to stop it happening again.

Fibreclear is fine to take each day. Laxatives aren't..they are just a one off thing.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Aw..poor you. It's horrible isn't it :hug99:

Best not to take fibreclear if you are constipated as it can make it worse. It's a preventative rather than a cure.

Sennokot usually works to get rid of the 'blockage', then take the fibreclear regularly to stop it happening again.

Fibreclear is fine to take each day. Laxatives aren't..they are just a one off thing.

Hope you get some relief shortly.

Had the same problem on Saturday. It was really bad. First time that has happened since starting this. I took Senokot and that really seems to have helped. Keeping some in the cupboard just in case it happens again. Hope you get it sorted. Good luck.

Touch wood I havnt had any trouble with this whilst being on LT, I dont really like taking laxatives but sometimes needs must however in the past my aunt told me too stick a tiny piece of soap up my bum whilst in the bath( I know its not pleasent) I went within minutes.
sorry to be so Graphic! x

I take ducolax, only take one or you will no about it.
Becks

My doctor has advised me to take Movicol to get me moving. Not having any bulk in my diet has made my bowel emigrate. My chemist has advised I either take the movicol which will help me to go while providing some bulk which will start peristalsis sorry to be technical, or start having some food for a week. The movicol is sugar free though may takeme out of ketosis, butt hat is the risk I will take. I did not want to keep taking dulcolax as that just go rid of the end bit, it the bits that are in my 24 feet of intestine that I need to shift. God this is a horrible discussion but I know that we may all face it sometime.

Thanks for all the tips i've been taking fibre clear every day which is better...and well to be grahic i stuck a bit of castor oil up my bum which worked not immediately but i kept reappying for 3-4 times and after the initial pain it was fine again hope it helps someone coz it's really not nice:)

Touch wood I havnt had any trouble with this whilst being on LT, I dont really like taking laxatives but sometimes needs must however in the past my aunt told me too stick a tiny piece of soap up my bum whilst in the bath( I know its not pleasent) I went within minutes.
sorry to be so Graphic! x

LMAO!! NICE ONE! I love people being so open and honest. PMSL -I would never have the courage to own up to sticking soap in my bum! lol

Go you! THAT is being willing to help!

Hi,
as a nurse I agree with the colonic irrigation advice.

You want a stool softener not a laxative; beware they are very different things!

Ducolax is a softener and comes in palatable capsules, senna etc is a laxative (like movicol). You will risk tearing yourself if you use a laxative when your stool is all hard! Laxatives can also make your bowel "lazy" if used too much and should only be a short term fix (exercise is better).

And good idea with the castor oil! You can get glycerin "bullets" that do the same job; shove em up .. give it as long as you can tolerate, it is absorbed into the stool and softens it making it easier to get out.

Back