MY CD WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY

sera1283

Hi
I am new to the forum and semi new to the Cambridge Diet. Having once tried it 7 years ago for about a month. Got some great results and then fell pregnant and 7 years later i have decided its now time to take control of my spiraling weight. so here goes!

Start Date: 02/08/2012
Start Weight: 16st1.5lb/102.3kg/225.5lb
Height 5ft 4
Start BMI: 38 :(

Target weight: 8st11.5lb/56kg/123.5lb
Target BMI: 21.5:)
Program: Sole Source

As its only day 1 nothing much to say just yet except here goes! As u can imagine i am filled with anticipation and excitement for the new me that i WILL become. Will keep u all posted. And good luck to all of you on your own weight loss journeys.

Last edited:
So day 1 is over. I initially thought it would be really hard. Although challenging it wasn't that bad. I took some pain killers as i started to feel the onset of a headche round about lunch time, and the painkillers kicked in before the headache really got going so no real discomfort.

Managed to drink 2.5l of water which is rare for me. But i am soo determined i am gonna do this so i am going to do everything by the book. I ate all 3 packs...even though i am not particularly keen on the soups. The apple and cinammon porridge was suprisingly pleasant, so i will be ordering more of those!

Day 2...again its early days, but so far so good. I am feeling energetic and still determined. Nothing further to report.

My CDC councilor reckons if i stick to the program i should be able to go from 16.2 stone to 9.5 stone in about 6-10 months just in time for my 30th birthday. Watch this space.

We took some pictures and my measurements but i will reveal those later on. All i can say at this stage is they are pretty horrendous!

So what motivates me? Well i am just sick and tired of being fat. I have pretty much dieted my whole life but i have had enough. I want to read about my own success stories as opposed to others for a change. Is that selfish??:sigh:

Apart from that i have the usual cliches of wanting to look and feel good about myself.....but the long and short is i simply want to know for a change what it feels like to be slim, trim and toned! Its not something i have ever had the pleasure of knowing.....

Anyway heres to a new me and to a new all of you.

Will keep you updated.:)

Day 2 and 3 completed. so what was it like? Day 2 was tough. again did everything by the book. but extremely tired. Day 3 was suprisingly weird! Didnt really feel hungry!! Schock! So unlike me! I had my first meal at 3pm. This cant be nirmal? Didnt drink as much as i should have but for some strange reason i was able to carry on. A slight headache at mud dat. Took a pain killer and had no headache again for the rest if the day. By the time i had lunch it was at 10pm. And even then it took me 20 mins to drink that tiny shake. I interchanged between the shake and water. Felt really full so it was a struggle to finish the shake but consious it was only my second meal of the day so had to. I ended up going to bed without the 3rd one. I know u r suppose to drink lots of water and eat all 3 packs. So a bit worried that day 3 was actually detrimental to my progress. But couldnt help it. Just didnt feel hungry!!

Well as i said. i want to do everything by the book. Here is day 4. But simething weird is happening to me. Almost like i am on some kind of substance. I woke up this morning energetic and full of life. Suprising since i really didnt consume that many calories yesterday.

Anyway so sudden burst of energy meant that i have been dancing to techni music in my kitchen for the last half hour. :) hmm. Starting to worry. where does the loss of appetite and sudden burst of energy come from? Help!!

Anyway its still early morning on day 4. So lets see how the day goes.

Keep y'all posted.

Here is to a new me and a new you.

Ha! Just noticed all my spelling mistakes in my last post. using my mobile. its got a mind of its own :). Sorry

Hi Sera,

Sounds to me like you've hit Ketosis, that'll be the burst of energy and feeling full. It's great, and what makes this diet so easy (once you pass the first few days).

It's the start of day 2 for me, and I can't wait until I get into Keotsis so that I can shake the headaches and get the energy back!

Good luck!

Well done so far Sera... Agree that you're now in ketosis so the hardest part of the diet is over. Provided you stick to plan your difficult times will be passing moments rather than hours or days on end! Well done!!! Xxx

Day 5!! Yaye. And i havent cheated one bit!! So what was day 4 like? Well i did it again. Had two shakes instead of 3. I had spread out the time in which i had the two shakes that by midnight i was in bed untill this morning. I am literally having to force myself to eat!

Lots of temptation as i had friends round. Whilst they were munching on pizza i was drinking water. I have cancelled all social events though. I really dont need the distraction so going forward all friends have been warned to keep me out of their sociall calenders for the next 12 weeks at least.

Did i mention i got rid of my scales just before i started this 5 days ago. So as not to fall in to the trap of weighing myself.

So my next weigh in is on wednesday, however i couldnt resist the urge so i went down to the gym at work as i remebered there is a set of scales there. Naughty i know because i really just want to leave it till the actually weekily weigh in.

But i did have a sneaky weigh in about 5 mins ago and:

Day 1 starting wieght :16st2llb
Day 5 (sneaky weigh in) : 15st3lb

wont allow myself to get excited to a possible weight/water loss even of 13llbs until wednesday when i know for sure how much i have lost in week one, as these scales are different and the time of the day i weighed myself is different too.

All the same it is encouraging.

I know my method probably sounds quite drastic in the way i am approaching all this, but i am an all or nothing person. Either i give this everything i got or not bother at all.

Back to day 5, so far so good. No longer having heaches either which is great. I do really feel full of life and energy, and almost never hungry. Each day is becoming more bearable.

Will keep u posted. xx

Once again as always, here is to a new me and to a new all of you.:)

Yep definetely in ketosis. I have very yellow pee! I read somewhere that this was alos one of the signs of ketosis.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Hi Sera,

Sounds to me like you've hit Ketosis, that'll be the burst of energy and feeling full. It's great, and what makes this diet so easy (once you pass the first few days).

It's the start of day 2 for me, and I can't wait until I get into Keotsis so that I can shake the headaches and get the energy back!

Good luck!

Yep definetely in ketosis. I have very yellow pee! I read somewhere that this was alos one of the signs of ketosis.

Let us know how you are getting on.

hi sera,

good luck with your weight loss journey!

how are you finding it? I'm on day 4 and woke up with a crazy headache - can't wait to be in keto already!

Its definetely a lot better. Keep up with it. You are just a day behind me so i would say the worst is probably over once u get in to ketosis.

Hi Sera

I am on Day 4 too, am struggling a bit but thats habit too i guess. I am sticking to it though except for a glitch on day1 when i had toast and maltesers!

If you want some support why not join us on the christmas challenge :) x

I think the main thing with glitches is to pick up and carry on even if u do have a glitch. Lets be honest at some point in our daily lives we make mistakes/fall etc, but we pick ourselves up an carry on.

I would ignore the glitch and continue.

As for the support yes, i would definetely like to join the christmas challenge. As this is the first forum i have ever joined in my entire life, i dont know how it works. So do let me know please as some support is always welcome!!

Seems like you and i are on the same day. How are u finding things today?

3:30pm on day 5 and i am just about to have my first shake. Though i have drank lots of water. Will talk to my CDC. cant be normal that i still do not feel hungry this late in the day and have no headaches. I am expecting some adverse reaction to this at some point!

Because your in ketosis you wont be hungry most of the time, but it's really important to have all 3 packs - it does affect your weightloss! Your body can go into starvation mode and you won't lose as much (if any) weight.

Maybe have your first one when you wake up, for breakfast and then have the others accordingly at lunch and dinner time? xx

You are totally right. i think i am gonna have set times to eat even if i dont feel hungry that way i wont miss out on having all 3. Still cant believe i havent cheated and that i now have to force feed myself lol.

A week ago i didnt need asking twice to eat all my faves. Not gonna lie. it is not a breeze but i think i have really gotten myself in to that frame of mind where no matter what, this time i am gonna do it.

Four weeks from now i will post before and after pictures and monthly there after.

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me.xx

Ps did i mention that at work i am sat right next to the buscuit tin. the buscuits from last week are still there. it dawn on me that i must have been the only eating them as all i have to do is stretch whilst the others actually need to walk ti get to it. i did consider moving it so as not to be tempted but hey i am a sucker for punishment so they are staying right there within arms reach!!

Good Luck Sera Im on day 6 too x

Today must be your WI day then. Let me know how u get on. My CDC will be here in a couple of hours. Will let u know how much water weight i have officially lost after 7 days.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Back