ProPoints My challenge to lose 10st in 15 months.

It's either the Homepride one or the Dolmio one I'll have to nip out the kitchen and look. Linda McCartney ones aren't bad are they? The ww ones are quite low syn too but they're only nice in a casserole or something because no fat = dry :/ I use the Tesco healthy living cumberland ones and they're the best low fat ones I've tried. 77 cals each I think xx

It's either the Homepride one or the Dolmio one I'll have to nip out the kitchen and look. Linda McCartney ones aren't bad are they? The ww ones are quite low syn too but they're only nice in a casserole or something because no fat = dry :/ I use the Tesco healthy living cumberland ones and they're the best low fat ones I've tried. 77 cals each I think xx

I've not brought shop sausages in ages, my boss makes them (award winners too and so tasty!) but I can't work out nutrition for them so have gone cold turkey, I did have the quorn ones for a bit but they're not great!
XxX

Years ago I used to buy frozen chicken sausages in Farmfoods and they were only 45 cals each and actually a lot nicer than they sound. Haven't shopped there in yonks though. I remember you saying about your bosses sausages ooh er mrs lol xx

Years ago I used to buy frozen chicken sausages in Farmfoods and they were only 45 cals each and actually a lot nicer than they sound. Haven't shopped there in yonks though. I remember you saying about your bosses sausages ooh er mrs lol xx

I've not even heard of Farmfoods!

Oh yes, he loves a good sausage joke!
XxX

I bet that his Sausage is Juicy ;) hehe

Was about to second the tesco healthy living sausages. They're better than the WW ones. WW ones as said are dry unless cooked in a sauce.
Butchers sausages apparently work out at about 6-8 syns each so you could have two and just be a bit more well behaved the next day? Or what about getting your boss some lean cuts of meat and asking him to make you sausages with those?

I bet that his Sausage is Juicy ;) hehe

Was about to second the tesco healthy living sausages. They're better than the WW ones. WW ones as said are dry unless cooked in a sauce.
Butchers sausages apparently work out at about 6-8 syns each so you could have two and just be a bit more well behaved the next day? Or what about getting your boss some lean cuts of meat and asking him to make you sausages with those?

I'll have to try the Tesco ones. He did make some chicken, soy sauce and spring onion ones which were divine and low fat but he's tried before and there's not enough market for low cal ones, which is rubbish and he doesn't like to do small batches. I might just wait till a Friday night and save some up for a nice casserole.
X

Have you not? Len from Strictly does the telly adverts for them. They're mainly a frozen food shop mind not as big as your tesco and the like. Don't we all love a good sausage and the jokes? haha I seem to have just baked a batch of Welsh cakes. Good job my dad is here later to snaffle them all before I can eh? xx

Have you not? Len from Strictly does the telly adverts for them. They're mainly a frozen food shop mind not as big as your tesco and the like. Don't we all love a good sausage and the jokes? haha I seem to have just baked a batch of Welsh cakes. Good job my dad is here later to snaffle them all before I can eh? xx

STEP AWAY FROM THE WELSH CAKES!! :p

I'm having a bit of a diet dilemma (not tempted on my first day, don't worry) need your opinion. There are a lot of things about SW I don't like- we've chatted about them before, but it worked for me and I'd like to have that again, but I also want to be healthy, I want smoothies etc for breaky and Nak'd bars (7 SYNS, 7?!) as snacks, but they're so so many syns. Do I stick entirely with SW and ignore my cupboards full of healthy goodies or do I do a mix? I'm wondering about sticking with CC and just using my cals on healthy rather than cookies like before. So confused.
XxX

Honestly I would do SW until I reached my goal then focus on changing to healthy eating for maintenance. As diets go at least SW encourage low fat options and eating lots of fruit and veg unlike some of the other shake based ones. If you mix the two you're going to run into trouble so I say eat the healthy stuff it fits into SW but once you hit goal your food can be all about health rather than syns and you will be able to focus on that rather than constantly figuring out which plan each food will suit xx

That does make sense, I can always syn smoothies, might even allow 15 rather than 10 and only use syns on healthy stuff, that way 15 wont feel too bad. I just have an issue with being told low fat is healthy, it's so crammed with sweeteners. Though nobody is forcing muller lights down my throat! I know the logic, but if I'm having the same amount of fruit in a fruit salad, why can't I blend it?
XxX

Yep I'm with you and mugshots are the same and chips even. It's a flawed plan but it works and once you're at goal the rest of your life can be about proper food like this...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2411812477.jpg
    image-2411812477.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 35
Scale of 1-10, how tempted are you? :p
XxX

Actually not tempted at all which is shocking me. I made them because I bought the ingredients the other week to bake them for Dai and he's been going on about them. I had a tiny off cut that wasn't even 10% of the size of a cake and that was enough for me. They can stay there for everyone else to eat I'll have my popcorn and kitkat later. Amazed at my willpower? lol xx

Actually not tempted at all which is shocking me. I made them because I bought the ingredients the other week to bake them for Dai and he's been going on about them. I had a tiny off cut that wasn't even 10% of the size of a cake and that was enough for me. They can stay there for everyone else to eat I'll have my popcorn and kitkat later. Amazed at my willpower? lol xx

Yes! Because I'm a 4 hour car ride away and I'm tempted! :p
XxX

Lol you'd be welcome to come and have one or two but I would have to tell you off afterwards. I'm hungry and I'm going to have my lunch in a minute but the cakes won't pass my lips. I am going to to my 10 days straight 100% if it kills me xx

If I cycle or walk to you I'll have burnt my entire body weight off, Can I have a cake then? :p

Deal! xx

Ahhhhhh welsh cakes, I know 100% if I cooked them I would eat them! And they look bloody brilliant x nothing like a hot one of the bake stone x

Woop woop all the welsh cakes are gone and I didn't eat one! They must have been good because my dad picked up his second one from the plate before finishing the first and my mum ate the second one so fast I didn't see her pick it up! Didn't have tea until late but have my third 100% day done and dusted :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

100% day 4 is going pretty darn well if I say so myself. Had a much later breakfast than I usually have so lunch was later but I'm glad in a way because I'm stuffed and that will last for a while yet meaning I still have loads of points and all my weeklies for any treats I fancy later :)

Breakfast - Dairylea light on toast (11pp) Milk and sugar for tea (4pp)

Lunch - Homemade turkey burgers (7pp missed them so much I was greedy and ate 3 of them. Whoopsy :/) Chips in the halo fryer (9pp had to use oil because the frylight has run out)

Dinner - Not sure but I'm so stuffed from lunch it might be a sarnie or some soup. Tomatoes on toast is sounding good too but will play it by ear. Going to use my weeklies for popcorn and chocolate that I didn't get around to eating yesterday. Looking forward to some munchies while I watch X Factor and I won't feel guilty because I'll still have weeklies left in case I fancy more munchies tomorrow. Hurrah!

Back