My computer has been accessed by someone !!!

fillymum

synful soul
I received a warning from Google today that someone was trying to access my computer and they advised changing my password which I have done.

This is what I received............

Recent activity: If the activity below doesn't look like yours, change your password immediately. Learn more Access Type [ ? ]
(Browser, mobile, POP3, etc.) Location (IP address) [ ? ] Date/Time
(Displayed in your time zone) Unknown China (117.39.33.168) Nov 7 (2 days ago) Unknown China (113.138.56.16) Nov 7 (2 days ago) Browser * Spain (88.22.236.96) 9:26 am (0 minutes ago) Browser * Spain (88.22.236.96) 8:46 am (39 minutes ago) Browser * Spain (88.22.236.96) 8:26 am (1 hour ago) Browser * Spain (81.38.192.48) 1:03 am (8 hours ago) Browser * Spain (81.38.192.48) 11:28 pm (9 hours ago) Mobile China (124.114.50.106) Nov 8 (15 hours ago) Browser Spain (81.38.192.48) Nov 8 (15 hours ago) Browser Spain (80.31.199.123) Nov 8 (21 hours ago) Browser Spain (80.31.199.123) Nov 8 (21 hours ago) Browser Spain (80.31.199.123) Nov 7 (2 days ago)

The Spanish IP addresses must be mine. I hope they are mine must check that.

The ones from China, how the hell do they do it ???

Did you click on that link to change your password or did you go in from your google account and change it?
I'd never click on a link.

It looks like a spam email in my opinion. I receive these from paypal and my bank asking me to change my passwords and they are all spam.

Are you sure that the message you got from Google is legit? Sometimes these things are fake and are just trying to get your password/details.
Sorry, I don't want to worry you or anything, am just checking that you really trust the message you got.

Sue - dont worry - just dont click on links....change your passwords in the normal manner....it may have a tracking spybot thing on the link which will then actually gain access to your computer.

Worst case scenario - run a virus scan and delete and then reinstall your computer drivers so you are fully protected.

x

Thank You friends.

I did do it via google by clicking on settings and changed it that way.

I would never have suspected that was a scam especially as I had received an email yesterday supposedly from someone I know whose email address has been stolen.

Thank you !!!!

recently I had something like sent/given to my pc. Has u downloaded a programme called antiuvirus 2010, its logo is similar to AVG. I think its logic is that it send stuff to your pc, making you think that its been hacked n that there is worms etc attacking your pc. It was constantly throwing up warnings, n offering me a solution to all my problems by selling me an anti virus programme. I needed help of a pal who is good on computers to get rogue programme taken out. In my humble opinion its likely a scam, they were saying my ebay n paypal account details could be known etc. But one of your scam IP addresses was same as mine. Good luck but make and seek help to be sure

recently I had something like sent/given to my pc. Has u downloaded a programme called antiuvirus 2010, its logo is similar to AVG. I think its logic is that it send stuff to your pc, making you think that its been hacked n that there is worms etc attacking your pc. It was constantly throwing up warnings, n offering me a solution to all my problems by selling me an anti virus programme. I needed help of a pal who is good on computers to get rogue programme taken out. In my humble opinion its likely a scam, they were saying my ebay n paypal account details could be known etc. But one of your scam IP addresses was same as mine. Good luck but make and seek help to be sure

ahhh you got the think point virus. We received that and it was a pain to remove but managed to do it successfully!

Never click on links telling you about your passwords!! the chances are your friend who e-mailed you yesterday did that and now it has access to her e-mail contacts so is sending bogus e-mails!

These programmers who make them have very little life to do something like this!! :mad:

Thank you. Which one of the IP addresses was it ?? It would be helpful to know.

ahhh you got the think point virus. We received that and it was a pain to remove but managed to do it successfully!

Never click on links telling you about your passwords!! the chances are your friend who e-mailed you yesterday did that and now it has access to her e-mail contacts so is sending bogus e-mails!

These programmers who make them have very little life to do something like this!! :mad:

She had her account infiltrated months ago and I thought she had done someting about it. This is the first one I have received for ages.

Back