My Diary, by Coughdrops

Hope you're on the mend Niamh. Hospital is no fun whatsoever.
I've luckily only been in when having the kids but I start going nuts after one night.
You're a better woman than I am! Hope you have a peaceful wknd.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Getting out today, looking forward to my own surroundings! Will be on heavy meds for a week or so, then hopefully back on track. Thanks for messages x

Great news Niamh x

12th June 2014

A new start eh?

Turns out I was a lot sicker than I realised a few weeks back, and I won't be 100% for quite a while. So I've to be patient (HA!) and look after myself better. Not very good at that, but I've got a hubby who is watching me like a hawk :D

I've no idea how much weight I've put on, I've not gone near my house scales. I've barely been able to stand/see, so no point wobbling on the scales of doom, squinting at the figures. I've been eating LOADS because of the meds I've been on, and they've added to my bloating, but my wedding ring fits again, so hopefully that's all easing off. I'll be finishing my meds this week too, so that should help.

Anyway, I'm going to get back on track. If I don't I'll end up gaining all the weight I lost, out of boredom and laziness and being miserable. I don't want to do that. * week this week too, to add to my joyful mood :flirt2:

Haven't been up to cooking, but beginning to feel better, so can get back into my kitchen.

I guess I'll brave the scales later!!

Forgot to update this.

So I braved the scales last Fri and had gained 2 lbs while being sick, which isn't bad considering. The weekend was a bit of a wash out (again), but I did batch cook up 10 dinners, so we just take one from the freezer every day.

Since Monday I've been 100% on plan, red and green days. I'd love to lose that 2 lbs this week.

My weigh in day is all over the place. I *should* be a Wednesday Weigher, but last week I weighed on Friday. I've not been to class in ages, so I think I'll go along tomorrow night and get a proper SW weight. It'll be different to my home scales, but will give me an idea of where I am.

Have a wedding to go to on Saturday, and got a lovely new dress which is a little big on me (yay!), so I am looking forward to getting dolled up and having a day out.

Just dropping by to subscribe. Hope you are managing to stick to plan. I've got a dress in my cupboard which is a bit on the tight side, that's my next goal to fit in! It must feel great when they start to feel too big! :)

Hi Lizzyliz0

Thanks for subbing... I tend to forget about this thread sometimes. I must update it more.

Oh, I've PLENTY of dresses that are too tight :eek: We'll struggle on eh?

Thanks for popping by the other day Niamh.
Will try and get in a little more. I missed group for 3 weeks and my waistline can certainly feel it.
Just not as motivated as I used to be. Bleurgh

Evening Niamh :), hope your well lovely. I just came out of hospital last week from my Op. I'm home recovering now and have been off plan. I hope to resume SW in July. How have you been keeping hun ?

Kay xx

Hello there! Very behind on reading people's online diaries but thought I'd pop by to subscribe and say thanks for the support on my diary!

Thanks for the messages xx

I'm doing much better now after being sick, and am feeling much more positive about SW. I think I was just about functioning for a couple of months, combined with my group closing, I just wasn't able for it.

Anyway, I went back to group last week. I've half a stone on since before Easter... which I knew, I'd updated my stats on here using my home scales. I'm ok though, I'll get that back off now that I am in better health.

Enjoying the plan again, it's been a while since I've been able to say that!

Busy at work today, but I'll catch up with diaries properly later, and update my own!

Oh Niamh just had a big catch up and I'm so sorry you've been sick and in hospital. Hope you're feeling a lot better now. Chris's Dad has MS too and its a horrible illness.

Glad you're feeling loads more positive and back at group. I'm sure it'll help you get that gain off asap. Glad to hear you enjoying the plan again, I think getting back into things at first is really hard but after that we all start feeling so much better from all the healthy nutritious food. Take care lovely xxx

Thanks Bev, I really didn't cop onto how sick I'd got til I was starting to feel better, if you know what I mean. My mum noticed on Saturday just gone, that I was looking much better, and said she hadn't realised how bad I looked until she saw me looking well again. So, lesson learned, I've to stop being so stubborn and learn to give into my symptoms more.

ANYWAY....

Had a wedding on Saturday, so was off plan for that, although I didn't go too mad.

Yesterday (Sunday) I did a green day. Not had one of those in ages! Was nice to have a carby day to soak up some of the beers from the night before.
I had 11 syns, so wasn't too bad. Plenty of Superfree too.

Today is a Red day

Breakfast-
Magic porridge with satsumas Hex B
coffee 1 syn for milk

Mid morning- another coffee 1 syn

Lunch
2 boiled eggs
big bowl of chopped pineapple
ice pop 2 syns
another coffee 1 syn

Mid afternoon
2 satsumas (I have a stash!!)

Dinner is going to be Quorn curry, with rocket, chopped peppers and chopped apple on the side.

I still have another HExB to play with, and not had any Hex A yet... I might grate some cheese onto the curry, or have some Laughing cow on Ryvita later

Another red day today

Breakfast
Magic Porridge Hex B
Satsuma

Lunch
ham salad- ham, rocket, 1 apple, 1 Ryvita from 2nd Hex B, 2 laughing cow light (w/ blue cheese) from Hex A

Had another satsuma after lunch

Dinner
quorn pieces with fajita seasoning (2 syns)
chopped pepper, rocket
2 laughing cow light (w/ blue cheese) from Hex A

Syns
milk in coffee throughout day = 2 syns
ice lolly - 2 yns

6 syns so far

Might have a Muller Greek lemon later, and still have 2 Ryvitas to eat from 2nd Hex B

How are you getting on? I've only ever really done ee, are red days essentially low carb?

Oooh had a busy weekend with a hen night, so goodness knows the damage I've done (but THOROUGHLY enjoyed!!)

Red/Green Days are stricter than EE, there is more weighing and measuring.

On Red- meat is essentially free (as per EE), but carbs are limited. You have to syn your rice/potatoes/pasta, or have them as a teeny Hex. I usually don't have any on a red day. You do get 2 Hex A and 2 Hex B a day though.

On Green- it's more veggie-oriented. So, you syn the meant and have free veg/carbs. It's like an EE day without eating meat.

The syn values change on Red and Green too... stuff that is low syn on Green (carby-based mainly) is high syn on Red and vice versa. EG a McCain Jacket potato is 1 on Green/EE but 9 (I think) on Red.

I try to do 5 days Red and Green, Mon- Fri. Don't succeed most weeks however :)

Well done for sticking to it so well after being ill. You'll lose that 2lb again in no time. Hope you're feeling better now.

11th July 2014 Green Day

Breakfast
Magic Porridge Hex B
Coffee 1 syn for milk

Lunch
Jacket potato 1.5 syns
cheese (half of Hex A)
2 satsumas
Coffee 1 syn for milk

Dinner
SW taco Quorn chilli 1/2 syn
cheese (half of Hex A)
apple

Evening snack
BNS wedges
3 Ryvita Hex B
Coffee 1 syn for milk

ice pop 4 syns
chewing gum 0.5 syn

3 litres water
Total syns 9.5
1 Hex A
2 Hex B

Hi Niamh just catching up I was away on hols. Looks like you are well and truly back on plan. So glad you are feeling a lot better also :) xx

Back