My Diary - Alison is losing her marbles!!!!!!!!

A belated weigh in done today and 3lbs lost! Brings me to 9lbs so far in february so not bad. I have never been a person who has big losses and after dieting for a yearish am not going to see them now but I am still losing!!!! Been a very busy week at work so not getting on here much, but what a lot of people now! Trying to catch up on the diaries is not going to be easy! I am enjoying the packs on S&S especially the spag bol, porridge and chilli and adding the veg plus herbs and garlic (not with the porridge!).
Really would like to get to the stone in this month though so may cut down to 3 packs some days instead of 4 and make sure I continue to drink the water! I have no plans at all this weekend except trying to finish clearing out my granddaughters bedroom from when she used to live with us. Then I can get some quotes for turning it into a big bathroom next to our bedroom! We have only had a shower room here and I really miss my baths and as I can spend hours in them it would be a great distraction too! Also although we have 4 toilets in the building there is not one on the top floor where our bedroom is which is very inconvenient! We have to decapitate her bed which is one of those huge cabin type ones with a desk, cupboads, shelves and drawers under and a huge hubby hole that I am dreading having to go into as I know she used to hide things there! She is now settled with her dad (my son) and his wife and after a couple of years has now felt secure enough to ask if she can have her bed and things in their house. Think it could be emotional going through her stuff though and packing it up for her!
Enough of my waffling though. Have a good week everyone!

Well done on the 3lbs Alison. That's a great loss. I'd settle for anything even near that these days :)

Great loss Alison, much better than me!

I expect a few calories will be burned during the bedroom clear out this weekend - even more when the bathroom installation goes ahead!

Have a good weekend.

oh alison well done on the 3lbs loss , its the first time i have seen your diary, you have done amazing.
think it might be an idea to take a box of tissues to do the room, i was in a right mess taking my daughters bunkbeds down when they both moved out, does your granddaughter still come to stay? (hope you dont mind me asking) i have my grandson for a week in the summer, mind you he's still a baby so only done it once but i will do.

Thank you everyone!

Cable - I see her about once a month when we go up to visit them! They sometimes come down as a family to stay but its not the same as she now has a step brother (8) and a little half sister (3) in the family so I have to treat them all the same but my feelings are not really the same after having her with me for so many years! She is happy though and a beautiful girl who is brilliant with the younger kids and so very grown up for just 12! We still get cuddles though and she will sit and chat to me for hours!
We left her room as that is what she wanted and she has now said we can change things so must be feeling secure. Have to say that her dad is brilliant and they are very close and always have been - she has had no contact with her mum for over 10 years but is very accepting of that!
We have started to have the children for odd weekends but used to have them all stay a couple of nights a week when the family lived in the same town as us. Even the step grandchild was at my nursery from being a baby so I have known them all from tiny!
Sorry that is more information than you prob needed to know!

i was thinking, it must be so hard to let her go, even afetr a week i am sad when my little grandson goes home, its because they live so far away if they lived around the corner it wouldnt be so bad,

its nice that she is secure in all of that it must make it easier for you x

Bit traumatic today deciding what to send to grandaughter and what to get rid of. Hubby and I kept disagreeing! I work on the idea that if we send a few things she will be able to find somewhere to keep them but if we send too much she will then have to get rid of things herself or my D.in L. will! I think that will be harder as D. in L. only known her for a comparitively short time so wont understand which things may have 'value' to her. Just hoping we are making the 'right' choices as have now sent lots of stuff to the tip! So hard though as lots of memories! It is keeping me away from the kitchen though so achieving something and we have been busy all day and still not finished so must be burning some calories as only had porridge and spag bol so far today! Amazed at how much she had hidden in her little den under the cabin bed, she even had posters up under there!
Tea break now and then back to it again!

oh what a tough job, i am a right sentimental hoarder, cards and stuff so cant imagine how hard that is x

That is indeed a tough one Alison.

I hate clutter but still find it difficult to get rid of the sentimental bits and bobs (even although I know it only sits up in what is an attic already groaning with the amount of stuff!).

So a difficult emotional task, but probably all the physical effort has expended a few calories. Hope you managed to get through it all without too much trama. I'm sure your grandaughter will appreciate whatever you decided to keep for her.

Could you not keep a few bits you're not sure about and ask her whether she wants them or not? Or did she just tell you to get rid of the lot?

Its her step mum that wont want her to have too much stuff in their house! Granddaughter would prob hold onto everything! I have tried to prioritise so the things that mean most will be kept, some at her home and some at mine (to keep the peace) but getting rid of a lot! We have no loft as our bedrooms are in the eves of the house so little storage. Dont really want to take things to their house and have them thrown out there when granddaughter can see what is going in the bin! Do feel she needs to have some history though so a secret box will be here for her! Nearly done, means another trip up the motorway to visit them next weekend to take the bits up for her to have (get to see son and the kids again though so all good!!) May try to get my daughter to come too so not driving alone again as hubby will be at work! I am not good with long drives on my own, find motorways soooooo boring and tiring!
Now to sort out getting quotes and choosing bathroom stuff to go in the room.........exciting stuff, really want a spa bath!! Getting a plumber in to fit and then we will do all the tiling etc so also good for the calorie burning, and the staying busy and out of the kitchen!

Ha, I chose a huge double spa bath to go in the en suite as it looked great in the shop, but I've never used it. Now that it has been installed it looks like a bloody swimming pool so I use the one in the main bathroom that's smaller and has no whirlpool bits :)

We looked at a double one but then I remembered that at some point we are likely to get forced onto a water meter! Wouldnt use as a double anyway as I love steaming baths to read and relax in and hubby has warm baths (ugh) but prefers showers! Just thought the whirlpool may help with my back problems and be relaxing??? Currently have all the catalogues out from the DIY stores and bits of graph paper to see how things will fit in! Seem to have plenty of room to play with though which is good!

I would get a smaller one if I chose again. Don't suppose there is much chance of us being forced onto a water meter as it's always bl***y raining up here :). Anyway, with only 2 of us in this house I think we actually pay more in water charges than we would on a meter. Twas the case when we were on a water meter when we lived in Kent anyway. I don't often have baths, maybe once a month, as I generally shower, and the OH has never used the bath since we moved here, he only uses the shower.

I am back again!
Took a while to find myself (in more ways than one as I was on page four on here!)
I have had a pretty s**t couple of weeks and am now getting my head back together.
I have been pretty ok at mealtimes but the rest of the time has not been good and so have had a few extras and couldnt face the blogging although I know thats where I should have been!
Weighed myself earlier in the week and then got so cross, and gave myself a severe talking to and tried to get my act together again, so I am back here today aiming to stick to plan and have weighed the same this morning as my last weigh in so starting from that and ignoring the last couple of weeks!
I am working on the theory that me putting the weight back on certainly will not help with the problems with my business or with my nieces cancer or with my mood at the moment! I am usually pretty placid and cope with anything thrown at me but when four major things happened at once I didnt manage very well so need to learn from that!
Anyway back now and my weigh in now on a saturday so should be easier to remember! (yes, I forget to do mine especially as I will only weigh first thing and if starting work earlier than usual, sometimes at 6.15, then I dont always remember!!)
I have just done another order to try the new meals so hope they are good and give even more choices for us!
So many people on here now and will take me ages to catch up (have only peeped at a few over the last few days, especially the ones that have been on here a while that really motivate me - thanks Tara, Moosh, BG, Phoenix, Fran etc). Welcome to all the newer people, I will try to catch up with you and your progress soon!

Welcome back Alison, you will see you are not the only one who has been having some off days. You are back though and that's the main thing.

I am struggling to keep up with so many diaries too, but reading the great weight losses really motivates me to keep going. We WILL get there!

Welcome back Alison, and you're right, not sticking to plan will absolutely not help you with some of the other stresses in life, it'll probably just add another thing to be stressed about to be honest. Easier said than done tho I know! Do keep posting here. Some of us have joined My Fitness Pal (I did today!) and it keeps track of your daily stuff and tells you about calories, carbs etc. Maybe have a think about doing that as it's pretty easy (from what I can see so far) and the tracker kind of gives you a bit of a wake up call if you feel like shoving something else into your mouth. That sort of thing isn't for everyone I know but it's powerful stuff for me personally.

Thanks Zoe, Fran and BG. As the day has gone on I have gradually felt more positive about life, and my ability to get on with the diet! Have had my packs veg and vitamins today and lots of water so doing ok! Hopefully after a good nights sleep I can feel myself again and just get on with life and all it throws at me!
I have been looking at MFP and agree it would be useful but going to aim to stick totally on plan until a bit nearer my goal and possibly use it for any off plan meals if I really have to have them (another visit to parents over Easter is my next tricky one!).
Thanks for the support, as I have said before I do find it vital as although my hubby and I have been together for 34 years now (through fat, fatter and not quite as fat!) he really has no idea what a diet, calorie, carb etc are and can eat what he likes and stay thin, so not really a lot of help to me!

Back