My Diary, by Coughdrops

Best of luck for weigh in tonight coughdrops ! :p Your food has looked good, I'm sure you'll have a nice loss. Fingers crossed for you :fingerscrossed: :) .

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, hope so!

Pesky Tuesday Weigh-ins

I gained a pound. I knew it! Any time I have to weigh in on a Tuesday in * week, I end up gaining.

Just call me Yo-yo from now on.

In 21 weeks I've lost 21 lbs. FFS.

Hi coughdrops , sorry to hear about your gain. I'm sure it will come off for you next week. 1 lb is a small gain. Just keep at the plan and the weight will drop off :).

Kay xx

Hey Niamh!!!

21lbs in 21 weeks is incredible!!!
Slow and steady wins the race, and you were a day early, and its * week so you're doing good.

at this rate you can lose 3st 10lbs in a year, and thats less than what you need to reach target!!

Don't be hard on yourself! I gained 1lb too and so in 15 weeks I've lost 8lbs. Bit poo-ey but we did have Crimbo, New Year, however many * weeks and a life to live.
I reckon we're doing pretty good to be honest.
Also I wasn't wearing my WI clothes :eek: lol.

Lots of love xxx

Thursday- Lets be having you!

I was away all day yesterday, so it wasn't a SW day AT ALL, but feck it.

Today, I've a house full of EE goodness, and I'm ready to rock.

Starting with, this uh-mazing breakfast:

1 banana
1 pear ff yogurt from Aldi
1 Ryvita from HEX B
Green tea

Banana with pear yogurt is the nicest thing ever*

Mid morning I was starving so had
1 Ryvita from Hex B
1 mini babybel from Hex A
1 apple

Coffee 1/2 syn for milk

Lunch
Cupshotz
Glass of Coke Zero

Mid afternoon
1 Ryvita from Hex B
1 mini babybel from Hex A

Coffee 1/2 syn
Chewing gum 1/2 syn

2 litres of water- DONE

Dinner
Turkey Curry with veggies and noodles 1 syn for seasoning
Greek style lemon yogurt from Aldi

Flying Saucer sweets 5 syns

Total Syns 7.5

* Not really, but it's pretty darn yummy

@ Kay, thanks for your lovely post, that cheered me up yesterday

@ Kimberly... you're dead right! I could easily have not joined SW and be a stone heavier than I was, so REALLY I think I've lost 2.5 stones. So there!
Wasn't wearing my SW clothes either btw... they were nowhere to be found in the abyss that is our airing cupboard

Last edited:
BNS, Turnips and Swedes...

After my un-successful Smash pizza, I've not tried making anything crazy. Partly because I am lazy, and making Tweaks usually take far longer than a normal meal, and partly because I was disappointed with it last time, and hadn't anything else to eat.

However, I've been musing here about trying to make wedges from turnip or BNS. They're Superfree, so imagine if I could somehow make a wedge/chip thingie that I could munch on in front of tv?

See, I love chips. I could eat chips forever. SW chips are super, but then I end up eating too much potato, and not enough SF.

I've googled wedges, and they look great, so I am going to try and make some either tonight or over the weekend.

I'll be ridiculously thrilled if I manage to make something edible out of a turnip...

TGIF

Last "get-up" of the week, and I am smothered with a cold. My weekend is looking very miserable :cry:

Positive note:

I made turnip wedges in my airfryer last night. OMG they were so tasty. And filling! Only made a small amount to make sure they were nice, and they looked quite small on the plate (think they shrink in airfryer), but I was full up after them.

What I did was

Chop up turnip into wedges
Par-boil until they softened
Strain out the water and put wedges back into pan
Spray with a good bit of Frylight
Season with Rosemary and Cumin
Put lid back on and give them a good shake

Put them into airfryer, I set it for 20 mins but after 15 they'd started to burn a little at edges.

I'll definitely do them again, perfect for in front of telly.

Friday

Breakfast
1 banana
1 Ryvita

Mid morning
yoghurt
coffee 1/2 syn

1 litre of water

Lunch
Leftover Turkey curry 1/2 syn
2 Ryvita
1 Mini babybel light
coffee 1/2 syn
chewing gum 1 syn

Mid Afternoon
Apple
yogurt
1 Mini babybel light

Dinner
MORE Turkey curry 1/2 syn
sliced peppers
Turnip wedges

Last edited:
Kimberly that made me laugh, thanks love- I needed a giggle!

Am pretty sick at the moment, so not been online much. Or eating properly. Or doing ANYTHING. Apart from being cranky, doing a lot of that.

I'll be back though!

arnie.jpg

heya :) ..... how are you getting on?? I haven't been on it sooo long!!! Back in the game now tho ha :)

you got flu then Niamh?
Hope you're being looked after!!
xxx

Hi guys

I don't have full-on flu, but have a rotten cold, with aches and pains that aren't letting me sleep it off. I am a DELIGHT to be around at the moment. My husband is nearly in the shed at this stage (out of his own choosing might I add, I want him to be indoors to witness my misery)

Anyway, I've allowed myself to be a total porker all weekend, which I need to reign in on. Totally going to be up on the scales tonight- house scales never match SW ones anyway, but it'll give me an idea of where I am at.

:badmood:

Awh nothing worse than feeling crappy!!! well except getting no sympathy for it - you should lock the doors and hide the keys on your hubby!! :)

ohhh...its man flu that you've got.... lol :p

Poor thing! Don't stay under that rain cloud- wrap yourself up on the sofa with a bit of Jezza and a nice cuppa.
Hope your hubby has sorted your WI clothes!

ORRRRR as you're doing it at home and don't feel well...you could always weigh in your birthday suit! Thats sure to be a nice result!

Get Well soon xxx

Ahhhhh poor hubby. He is actually so good it makes me feel bad for moaning. He's always checking if I'm ok.

Don't blame him for hiding, to be fair!

Deffo think it's man-flu now you mention it. Might tweet Dr Christian for a cure.

Guess who's back??

Howdy all, this horrible Monday!

I've not been logging in much for a good week or so, and just logged in this morning to see all the threads I need to catch up on.

After a long few days with a bad cold I ended up in GPs and on antibiotics for an infected throat. I am still not 100%, but much improved. While I was sick, I really wasn't in the best place for SW. I think I'd a few weeks of not feeling top notch, and it all snowballed.

I am still feeling a bit BLAH about SW, but know I need to get my arse in gear and get back into it. Pleased that with all my reluctance in January, I only gained 0.5 pound. Sure, I could have lost 4 or 5 lbs in that time, but on the other hand I could've gained much more. I'm putting the last few weeks down to a scenic "diversion", and I hope by end of Feb I'll be back on the straight road to Slimville.

I'll catch up on your threads over the next day or so, but hope you are all well xx

Hey Niamh!

You poor thing with an infected throat- too much kissing probably!
I like that you realise that you had a little scenic diversion. (Rather than a total meltdown!) I too put on 0.5lbs in Jan, and yes of course it could be worse. So so scared to gain Weds though because duno when the SW "blah" will end?!

Lots of soups for you I'm guessing, with a poorly throat? I need to do some serious batch cooking but cba!
Have you joined the February challenge thread? Found it a bit awkward gaining on there. Lol!

Get well soon xxxx

Back