My diary

I'm really happy it went so well for you, I did try vbac with maisie just went 15 days over and cudnt go through that again, Im glad I had planned section this time how painful wud been to deliver Hollie naturally the position she was in. We all be thinkin of you tuesday Jessie, I lost my appiette after section till Hollie was about 3 wks, then I ate loads x

Thanks Cas I'm do nervous il only b in hospital 2 days not like last time 2 weeks ! So least limb home fri I have escaped per eclampsia this time yay! I just hope the section is ok N straight forward x I will update u all can u believe it's my time now x

You'll be great Jessie, I can't wait to see pics x

Naomi slept 9.30-1am last night, straight back down, then was up at 5 and straight back down and is still asleep now! I'm so lucky so far xx

thats brill hun amelia slept 9.30 til 1.30,then woke at 3.30 and fed for an hr then slept til 7.30 and she fed for an hr again.oh been giving her one ,bottle of expressed milk late at night to so tha been helping

BIRTH STORY.........Long
Well most of you know I was getting contractions from 5am Wed morn, got checked Wed afternoon wasn't dilated at all, got checked Wed night at 11pm was 1-2cm, midwife gave me a sweep and I lost my plug straight away, by time I got home contractions were agony. By 4am I couldn't really cope anymore went back, was still the same as before and I was gutted but got some codine.went home. This was the longest time of my life, the contractions were horrendous I only lasted til 2pm Thursday as had had no sleep at all since Tuesday night (3 hours) then I rang hospital and said I wanted checking over. Got checked over and was told 4 cm, in established labour, staying in and they moved me to the room I'd be giving birth in and after a while started on gas and air, after couple hours had pethadine, about 8 pm I was told 6 cm and they broke my waters, an hour later I was begging for epidural my waters really triggered something. 2 hours later got checked and still the same, so I wasn't progressing much. So they gave me the drip but I can only have it for 2 hours and they wanted me to be 7 cm or I had to have section so they started getting my gown n stuff ready just in case, but half 12 came and I was 9 cm so mw turned my drip down and said she'll let me relax for an hour or so and let my body do the last cm then we'll start pushing, so anyway I got fully dilated but contractions were slowing down and baby's heartbeat was doing fine so at about quarter past 3 in morning we started pushing, my contractions were slowing in between so I didn't push that many times and head was crowning, mw went to side of bed to turn drip back up cos we were waiting ages between contractions and I felt babies head move out so I said 'she's moving!' Mw said oh she's helping you out, then I felt baby's shoulders and she just kept coming, hubby's face was a picture, my mum was like oh my god, mw looked surprised and just let her birth herself since we didn't really have a choice and my little princess turned and flopped herself out on bed. It was so strange I couldn't believe how it happened. So Naomi was born at 4.25am, hubby cut cord and I didn't tear, graze need any stitches or anythin I'm so happy, doesn't even hurt when I go to loo but it does sting a little. I now have an amazing family of 4 xx

Oh wow thats amazing! What a lovely birth story..its great that you didnt tear or graze or anything as well. Do they know why she helped her way out or anything or does that just sometimes happen? I'm s glad it went the way you wanted it to. Were you able to go straight home after? xx

Yeah I'm feeling good thanks, can't believe how well I feel after 47.5 hours start to finish, I think the day and a half of painful contractions were the worst bit, will post my birth story soon if anyone wants a read, bit long though. Jack's amazing with her, he tells me 'baby crying' 'babies milk' etc he loves it when she makes a noise etc, but isn't all over her to get in the way or anything I'm really happy with his reaction. he loves being involved, Naomi's pretty laid back. She just sleeps and feeds at moment, she's not a cryer, just winges a bit if hungry x

Aw I'm pleased he has reacted so well to her, it is my one big worry. Did you buy him anything and give it to him as a present from his sister? And this is going to sound silly but when you put her down in the moses basket in the sitting room or something and go out the room (to make a cuppa or something with the monitor on obviously) do you take him with you? Not that Joshua would do anything but I'm unsure whether he should be alone with the baby..sounds daft I know! x

beccaharrison89 said:
thats brill hun amelia slept 9.30 til 1.30,then woke at 3.30 and fed for an hr then slept til 7.30 and she fed for an hr again.oh been giving her one ,bottle of expressed milk late at night to so tha been helping

That's great! I bet you feel like your getting some proper sleep now. You in. Any pics? Has she changed loads since birth?

ye feel like im sleeping now ha.still take a while to gt used to as ive always been a sleeper n iv i was off wrk id sleep foe 12hours straight through.but my lil girl defo worth it.she feeding lots in mrn wen gt up coz she nt avin as mucj through night.fed her 3 times since 7.30.ha.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120624_101623.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_101623.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 36
  • ForumRunner_20120624_101700.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_101700.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ForumRunner_20120624_101708.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_101708.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 41
Fordg said:
Oh wow thats amazing! What a lovely birth story..its great that you didnt tear or graze or anything as well. Do they know why she helped her way out or anything or does that just sometimes happen? I'm s glad it went the way you wanted it to. Were you able to go straight home after? xx

They call it spontaneous vertex delivery? I think she just pushed with a contraction and the position I was in (stirrups) meant she helped herself out, the midwife was impressed and didn't seem phased by it so she must have been safe to just do it herself. I'm quite impressed myself, I never would have thought that could happen. They wanted me in til next morning although I had the right to request a 6 hour discharge they advised against it, so I agreed but then I wasn't happy with the ward I was on, so I said I'll stay all day and evening if they want but I don't want to be in over night. Everything was fine with me so they were letting me out at 4 but it took ages to get my notes bought up it was so busy x

beccaharrison89 said:
ye feel like im sleeping now ha.still take a while to gt used to as ive always been a sleeper n iv i was off wrk id sleep foe 12hours straight through.but my lil girl defo worth it.she feeding lots in mrn wen gt up coz she nt avin as mucj through night.fed her 3 times since 7.30.ha.

Ah she's gorgeous. What sizes you got her in? Nothing fits Naomi, all her newborn stuff is huge on her I'm going to need a couple of tiny baby outfits but just a couple as she won't be in them for long.

Fordg said:
Aw I'm pleased he has reacted so well to her, it is my one big worry. Did you buy him anything and give it to him as a present from his sister? And this is going to sound silly but when you put her down in the moses basket in the sitting room or something and go out the room (to make a cuppa or something with the monitor on obviously) do you take him with you? Not that Joshua would do anything but I'm unsure whether he should be alone with the baby..sounds daft I know! x

Yeah he's major into diggers lol so we bought him a little digger set from her and he keeps saying thanks to her.
Yeah we have her in her Moses basket in living room but when I go in kitchen I get Jack to help me, one because you never know if they will accidentally do something and also Jack pulls the hood of the basket down to see her and I worry in case he pulls it over but I don't make I thing of him not staying in livingroom with her, I just make out that he needs to help me in kitchen. Also I have a stairgate between livingroom and kitchen so I shut it if I need to be in kitchen for few mins. I trust Jack but its better to be safe as you never know what they might do accidentally x

i gt her in tiny baby and next first size bt they bit big,all newborn ive gt us huge they go up to 11lbs,and i gt tonnes of 0-3 bt am sure she will grow fast.
i gt so many nice outfits ti pt her in bt aint bin anywer yet to pt her in them

thats what i did hun coz i didnt have any.i gt some from matalan too bt there tiny baby is quite big, next first size is upto 7.8lbs.i like the sleepsuits with mitts in them as u dnt av to wri bou them fallin off all time
amelias nails r long and need cutting bt so scared to cut them hehe

We just bought her a couple things to give her something to wear for the first couple weeks.

Today I've had -
Weeto's
2 sausage rolls
1 x Fox's classic biscuit
2 cups tea
Glass Pepsi

Today I've had -
Weeto's
2 sausage rolls
1 x Fox's classic biscuit
2 cups tea
Glass Pepsi x 2
Half plate carbonara
5 slices garlic bread
Handful jelly babies
Solero ice lolli
Crunchie icecream
Choc bubble bar! About 2/3rds

Last edited:
Yeah I'm fine, things are pretty easy at the moment I'm sure it won't last though. Hubby watching footy, Jack's running about like a loon, Naomi's asleep. Just going to do the dishes and some washing, grab a shower then chill with a film on - prob have to wait til after football though.
I messed up the carbonara, that's why I only ate half. But don't have much of an appetite really. Hubby back at work tomorrow, think I'm just going to chill then I've got people to ring etc. How you doing? Just one more day x

Back