My diary

I'm so glad u settling in such a shame ur oh got to go back to work he will look even more forward to coming home what a weekend it's been for u I know 2 more sleeps nervous excited u name it I haven't put on fb when I'm having her post a pic on here b4 then il put on fb hehe I just didn't want everyone asking y a section etc x

Jessie I request you later on fb, I know ur be fine on tuesday im sure it be over really quickly, my first 2 sections went so well so fingers cross for you.

Becca- amelia is really beautiful hun,

We all really lucky, I think your get a few wks wear out of your tiny and newbaby clothes, Hollie was around 8-9 wks b4 she cud fit in 0-3mths and size 1 nappies still fit her now.

Teri its such a shame hubby back at work tomorrow, I agree wiv Jessie im sure, dh will be looking forward to coming home at end of day to be with you all, when's Jack's birthday, have you dared weighed yourself yet x

Cas3 said:
Jessie I request you later on fb, I know ur be fine on tuesday im sure it be over really quickly, my first 2 sections went so well so fingers cross for you.

Becca- amelia is really beautiful hun,

We all really lucky, I think your get a few wks wear out of your tiny and newbaby clothes, Hollie was around 8-9 wks b4 she cud fit in 0-3mths and size 1 nappies still fit her now.

Teri its such a shame hubby back at work tomorrow, I agree wiv Jessie im sure, dh will be looking forward to coming home at end of day to be with you all, when's Jack's birthday, have you dared weighed yourself yet x

Jack's birthday is 28th, Thursday. He was playing with my scales this morning, so I got on them, with my clothes on and after my breakfast but showing only a loss of 11lb's. I'm gutted. So not weighing properly until Friday. But getting in bath tonight my boobs are massive! My milk must be coming in fast they've ballooned and I haven've been to the toilet properly yet so I'm not sure if that makes a difference, I think my body needs a few days to settle down before I officially weigh myself. I know with Jack I never weighed til 5 days after x

Does anybody know about the Tommee tippee teats? The ones I bought have a 1 on them cos the woman in the shop told me they were the newborn ones, but I haven't yet had any sleep, Naomi is hungry but everytime she's trying to feed she getting bad wind which I can't get up, you can hear her gulping the milk etc and it looks obvious to me that she needs a slower flow teat but I'm not sure which one-s to get given the woman in the shop told me these. She slept excellent last night but she can't settle due to wind tonight :(

Now it's 6.30 I haven't been asleep and now I'm wide awake. I was so p'd off 10 mins ago at having no sleep. I came downstairs just after 5 to see if I can get Naomi asleep in her bouncer - which worked so I tried to sleep on couch. I was so tired and cold I started shivering that much I thought I was going to be sick, so I took her back upstairs. She was flat out, I started to go to sleep and hubby starts snoring again at the top of his lungs and frightens the life out of her and me so she's awake. I storm off downstairs to get her bottle and leave her to wake him up, I've spent all night telling him he's snoring it's drove me mad. Then I come back up and his solution is give her her dummy, 5 mins later she is awake. So I'm back downstairs, Naomi back asleep in her bouncer and I've got a cup of tea. I was so p'd off but then I couldn't really be p'd off because firstly it doesn't matter why Naomi is up all night, until she gets sorted I don't really mind because I've got a beautiful baby girl and I don't really care how little sleep I get it's all worth it and secondly I know hubby isn't snoring his head off on purpose and he'd feel awful if he could see how much it's wound me up. so now I'm over it...........
Here's a peek of my little angel now x

Last edited:
ForumRunner_20120625_064110.jpg

Sparkle1978 said:
Hi Oasis
Aaw Naomi is so beautiful!
Sorry to hear you're not getting much sleep. I used the tommee tippee bottles with all my babies. They are number 1 too which is the slow flow teats. There are a few different types of teats out now though. I think there are ones specifically for anti colic which could help if Naomi is getting trapped wind? I've never tried them though sorry. Just looked on the internet and you can also get vari- flow ones that apparently let the baby control the flow? Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hope you manage to get some rest. Take care xx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Thanks think I might try vari flow then or/and anti colic, it just seemed to be through the night she had the problem apart from not sleeping last night she's a little angel. How are you getting on? x

girls thanx so much for lettin the resg of us follow yer journey.feel lime i know oasis,cas anx jessie soo well.good luck tomorrow jessie

xxxjessiexxx said:
Hey Terri have u sorted the bottle situation out how often is she feeding ? X

I've just been and got two vari flow teat's, turns out the woman gave me medium flow. If they work I'll get another 4. I just feed her as and when she wants. I'm not doing this waking her every 4 hours thing. But except for last night she was feeding roughly every 3 to 4 hours when she wakes, takes between 60-90 mls usually, maybe bit more. I thought she'd have less at first but sometimes it's over the space of an hour to hour n half in day x

Sparkle1978 said:
Aaw bless her. She looks a little angel :)
I'm good thanks. Can't wait for my scan next week. Feel like I'm wishing the days away at the moment lol xx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Trust me it sneaks up on you in the end I can't believe 3 days ago it was just me, hubby and Jack x

I just forgot feeding when do I give how much etc I totally forgot a
Does she feed in night do u do it when she cries? Help !!!!

xxxjessiexxx said:
I just forgot feeding when do I give how much etc I totally forgot a
Does she feed in night do u do it when she cries? Help !!!!

Yeah I just feed her when she gets up, she does this little winge then does this crazy sucking thing with her mouth and whey I go to her she goes really animated tryin to latch on to my hands. So I just feed her when she wakes x

And don't panic you'll know when she needs feeding, I make up 90 mls each feed, that's just what the formula says to do, she'll either drink it all or she won't and your midwife will let you know if she's having enough or not. They say for you to wake them every 4 hours but in my opinion it's interrupting sleep and the routine process unnecessarily, and also a waste of milk if your forcing them to wake and they're not ready but you do what you feel comfortable with xx

Its all so confusing because they change the guidelines all the time, with my last pregnancy you could make bottle feeds up and put them in the fridge but now you cant do that? You're right Oasis the only thing you can do really is trust your instincts and do what we feel is right x

I won't b waking her either I want her in routine and if she sleeps all night without feed then great u got to do what's best for u and ur life style not what hv and mw say ! X

Yeah. At the end of the day I let Jack find his own routine and he now sleeps 10-12 hours every night as he has for nearly 2 years now x

Back