My diary

Ladies any idea what I should be doing about really painful chest as my milk has come in and my boobs really painful x

Have you got Lashinoh cream its brilliant bit expensive but really worth it hun, and just leave ur breasts till ur milk goes I know its really painful, my milk came in worse time ever got sent to a clinic for stronger painrelief had a 4 hr wait and thats when my milk decided to come.

I never wake Hollie either for feeding I always let baby decide on there routine and all my babies been happy and slept well, Hollie does have odd bad nite but she's generally good only wakes up once for feeding, the only thing I do is try and feed Hollie b4 I go to bed so at least I get good few hrs sleep cos I have to be up early to get them already to do school run. Have you tried infacol I often give it to Hollie before her feeds as she gets really bad wind and colic, none of my babies ever had it.

How's ur first day without Andy x

Cas3 said:
Have you got Lashinoh cream its brilliant bit expensive but really worth it hun, and just leave ur breasts till ur milk goes I know its really painful, my milk came in worse time ever got sent to a clinic for stronger painrelief had a 4 hr wait and thats when my milk decided to come.

I never wake Hollie either for feeding I always let baby decide on there routine and all my babies been happy and slept well, Hollie does have odd bad nite but she's generally good only wakes up once for feeding, the only thing I do is try and feed Hollie b4 I go to bed so at least I get good few hrs sleep cos I have to be up early to get them already to do school run. Have you tried infacol I often give it to Hollie before her feeds as she gets really bad wind and colic, none of my babies ever had it.

How's ur first day without Andy x

Hiya, thanks for the info. What does the cream do? I can put up with the pain from the breasts til it goes, after all been through worse :) but I never had it this bad with Jack so wasn't sure if I was meant to be soothing them etc. Can infacol be used from birth then? Jack was easy with his wind, but I can't expect that with her as well. Most her wind seems to be from the bottom end which is why I think it might be harder for her to lose it at first.
First day was fine, they were easy went to the shops with them so my mum met me so she could have Jack's a buggy. They came and watched the little ones for me while I slept for 2 hours, after no sleep all night. I had to keep telling Jack off when I got up he was being so naughty, purely as he was so knackered as he never had a nap but I felt awful. Now hubby just got back and I've gone to bed for another couple hours, left him with Naomi while Jack's asleep now x

If your breasts are really sore or puffy it soothes and protects them and it works straight away only needed to use it couple times, it costs around tenner but it really works fast, you can use infacol from birth, mw and hv recommended it for hollie, I just checked the label its from birth onwards, you cud just see how Naomi goes or try anti colic bottles. As for toddlers im sure Jack cant be as bad as Maisie as she's just flooded my down stairs toilet, she's got thing for water at moment!!

What pram did you end up getting, I have to use my double when I take them out on my own.

Hope you get some sleep, you must really need it xx

Cas3 said:
If your breasts are really sore or puffy it soothes and protects them and it works straight away only needed to use it couple times, it costs around tenner but it really works fast, you can use infacol from birth, mw and hv recommended it for hollie, I just checked the label its from birth onwards, you cud just see how Naomi goes or try anti colic bottles. As for toddlers im sure Jack cant be as bad as Maisie as she's just flooded my down stairs toilet, she's got thing for water at moment!!

What pram did you end up getting, I have to use my double when I take them out on my own.

Hope you get some sleep, you must really need it xx

Cool thanks I'll have a look, I'll send hubby to chemist for infacol as well it's just two doors from our house. I've got anti colic teat's now so fingers crossed too, the night before we had no problems so it may have been a one off I just just don't like seeing them in pain. Jack's also fascinated with water, he only gets naughty when he's really tired but I'm trying to not to keep telling him off when he's naughty but also I need to stick to how it's always been. I got a travel system in the end as Jack walks most places and usually my mum meets me at my house to go shopping so I figured it was prob easier for me at the moment but that might change.
I had 4 n a half hours sleep so feel better now.
Today I've eaten -
Weeto's
Chicken bake pasty
Toffee crisp
Chicken baggette
A cake bar
Tea - just now 2 x bacon rolls
Not good stuff but I need quick easy food I was so tired x

I got a double I use it mainly to walk to school as its a really long walk and I think if I walk it help me wiv weightloss but also got hollie a light weight quinny when I dont need the double, but quinny is really handy to use at home as during the day I often put her in there for naps, so she's out of maisies reach, that infacol is good but it dont always work but breast cream is fantastic!

Your food isnt to bad I made that philly carbonara for tea tonite, its really easy to make and sw friendly. Glad you got some sleep I often have a nap on the weekends when the oh is home x

Cas3 said:
11lbs is really good loss, your probably notice your carrying on losing all the fluid and breast fat over next 2-3 wks. When I first weighed my self I was only 8lbs down and 8 days later I lost 17lbs and 2 wks after birth I'd lost about 23lbs all together, so it often doesnt come off straight after birth x

The infacol has helped her bring wind up straight away, she seems much happier, seeing the bottle I remembered I used it briefly with Jack but it went to waste cos it wasn't wind he'd had a problem with. Although she isn't asleep yet, she's been awake since 8. I'm not too tired at mo I just hope she isn't goin to be awake all night again. I'll weigh on Friday properly but I really do think I'm carrying an extra couple lb's on my chest, I've never seen them swell like this x

I'm do glad the info worked can use gripe water from birth I used this with ch it was amazing but not sure when I started it x

Yeah the pharmacist says you can't use it from birth now? I know it wasn't suitable from birth when I had Jack 2 years ago, but I was told at the time it was a new thing.
What time you off today? Can't wait I'm really excited for you.

I got 3 hours sleep, little miss fell asleep at 4. Seemed to crack the wind problem but she didn't appear tired til 3 then I couldn't get her to settle had to bring her downstairs to sleep in her bouncer, while I got some sleep on sofa. She's still asleep now. She was awake 8pm til 4am so I think she's just got her days and nights mixed up so I'll just wait for her to adjust and get my sleep in day/evening when I can.
Good Luck for today hun xx

oasis6918 said:
Yeah the pharmacist says you can't use it from birth now? I know it wasn't suitable from birth when I had Jack 2 years ago, but I was told at the time it was a new thing.
What time you off today? Can't wait I'm really excited for you.

I got 3 hours sleep, little miss fell asleep at 4. Seemed to crack the wind problem but she didn't appear tired til 3 then I couldn't get her to settle had to bring her downstairs to sleep in her bouncer, while I got some sleep on sofa. She's still asleep now. She was awake 8pm til 4am so I think she's just got her days and nights mixed up so I'll just wait for her to adjust and get my sleep in day/evening when I can.
Good Luck for today hun xx

amelia was like that for the first week days and nights mixed up nw she a lot better.last night she woke at 1, n stayed awake til 3 then woke at 5 then jus nw gt up with her.she wasnt crying to gt up but was very restless

mrs-s said:
I used that lansinoh too and it was amazing,

We use gripe water for wind and it works great xx

im bf and the mw sed they shudnt gt much wind wen bein bf bt amelia dus gt quite bit of wind n it unsettles her so i mite try gripe water if cn use it as she only two wks old

mrs-s said:
I used that lansinoh too and it was amazing,

We use gripe water for wind and it works great xx

I might just get some then, I think she'd prefer it to infacol she pulls the worst faces. Naomi is the complete opposite to Jack, I feel like I'm learning all over again. She's even got a really sore bum bless her, which no doubt is normal to until her skin adjusts. So have been caking on the Sudocrem, it's nearly a full 250g pot that I've got, I've had it since Jack and I've only had to use it a handful of times x

beccaharrison89 said:
amelia was like that for the first week days and nights mixed up nw she a lot better.last night she woke at 1, n stayed awake til 3 then woke at 5 then jus nw gt up with her.she wasnt crying to gt up but was very restless

That's really good, hopefully Naomi will set her routine soon, my mum came over yesterday to watch them both so I could get some sleep. Which I prefered I'm not ready to let my mum have her yet even if it is for a couple hours, and I'd never send just Jack and keep Naomi here with me x

i been using sudocrem a lot too hun its a god send.
i know for the first few weeks mw sed,just use warm water and cotton wool when changing a nappy but when would you say is an ok age to use wipes?
and also wen i bath her at mo i washing her hair but just usng water on her body,and no products,
can i start using johnsons wash etc on her or she still too young?

beccaharrison89 said:
i been using sudocrem a lot too hun its a god send.
i know for the first few weeks mw sed,just use warm water and cotton wool when changing a nappy but when would you say is an ok age to use wipes?
and also wen i bath her at mo i washing her hair but just usng water on her body,and no products,
can i start using johnsons wash etc on her or she still too young?

I've used wipes from the beginning, I did with Jack too and never had any problems but I was thinking today when I can I might use water and cotton wool while she is sore.
My midwife said can start using baby wash straight away but maybe use just warm water the first 2 baths so you should be fine. What I do though is just put a few drops in the bath so there's a tiny bit of bubbles and use that to wash them instead of applying anythin straight to skin for first 2-3 weeks if that helps x

mite start using wipes be a lot easier,and will wen i bath her tonight ill out the wash in the water.she got lil bits of dry skin around creases in her feet and wrists so will av to mke sure we fully drying her properly

all good here cas.24 weeks now so gettin there.was iff ths for a few weeks but back on again and love followin all ur stories.a tip we were given for sore boobs was to put some cabbage leaves in freezer.when boobs got sore put the leaf inside bra and it wud give u relief.never tried it myself but any1 that did found it great.best wishes for today cassie

Back