Total Solution My Exante journey..

Yeah, I kind of fell off the 100% wagon last night... but... I cheated with a SALAD. How that is even cheating is beyond me, but hey ho. I was preparing it for my husband and au pair and it just looked so fresh and delicious. I didn't have any dressing if that helps. Instead I stuck a poached egg in it.

Today WILL be 100%, ha ha x

Hope tomorrow goes well womble, will be thinking of you xx

Thanks Natalie. Had a terrible sleep last night because of the storms, and worrying about meeting work deadlines before the surgery... And such a difficult morning as no public transport around where I live due to flooding. After voting, I had to lug my heavy hospital bag all the way by foot into work (cycling is not an option as the park is underwater!), but have now managed to finish what I need to do here so heading to the hospital soon. It will probably be a good few days before I post again, so wishing everyone a happy and 100% weekend!

So gall bladder removed, and feeling surprisingly ok! Apart from the bad tummy, which I was warned affected most people in the couple of weeks after surgery.. But other than that, pain is minimal and I'm pretty mobile. I even managed to clear a closet at home yesterday as was so bored on bed rest...

I even got a present from the surgeon - he came to my room after the surgery saying he had something for me and I was horrified thinking he might give me back my gallbladder... the truth was only slightly less gory - he gave me a DVD of the camera view from the surgery so I can watch it at home... er, thanks. Not sure that will ever see the light of day!

Needless to say I ate totally off plan since Thursday. I was just so hungry after the operation. And thoroughly depressed at the prospect of Brexit... I've been trying to remain good and eat lots of wholegrain and fruit, but I did have a bit of a blow out last night, in preparation for going back 100% today. And my plan is to stick to this 100% until Croatia at the end of the month, and see whether I can drop another stone in that time.

Anyway, I need to place an order on the Exante website today - any tips on what people have enjoyed lately please let me know!

So gall bladder removed, and feeling surprisingly ok! Apart from the bad tummy, which I was warned affected most people in the couple of weeks after surgery.. But other than that, pain is minimal and I'm pretty mobile. I even managed to clear a closet at home yesterday as was so bored on bed rest...

I even got a present from the surgeon - he came to my room after the surgery saying he had something for me and I was horrified thinking he might give me back my gallbladder... the truth was only slightly less gory - he gave me a DVD of the camera view from the surgery so I can watch it at home... er, thanks. Not sure that will ever see the light of day!

Needless to say I ate totally off plan since Thursday. I was just so hungry after the operation. And thoroughly depressed at the prospect of Brexit... I've been trying to remain good and eat lots of wholegrain and fruit, but I did have a bit of a blow out last night, in preparation for going back 100% today. And my plan is to stick to this 100% until Croatia at the end of the month, and see whether I can drop another stone in that time.

Anyway, I need to place an order on the Exante website today - any tips on what people have enjoyed lately please let me know!
Delighted your operation went well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Make sure you are getting plenty of protein to help with healing...there's not enough in the packs alone. You could always drop Exante an email for their advice.

So glad you are doing ok, been thinking of you!
Agree with Mini, add some extra protein at least, give your body what it needs to heal xx

Hello, sorry been offline for a few days catching up on work... starting to get my head above water now. OK, so diet really not going great. I'm struggling to get back to it, and have absolutely no excuses. My new order turned up last night and perhaps that's what I needed - I was running low on packs and always seem to have the same ones left at the end of a batch, so was getting quite bored... fingers crossed it was just some variety again that I needed and that I can stick to it today. Healing is going well x

So I ended up being about 50% over the weekend :) Determined to stick with it this week though - I have less than 4 weeks until Croatia and trying on swimsuits this weekend was just scary... Although my motivation now is about more than what I look like in a swim suit - my husband and I are going to start trying for another baby this month, so I have until I fall pregnant (if I fall pregnant) to lose as much as possible before I move onto a sensible eating plan during pregnancy. Honestly, if that doesn't keep me on the straight and narrow then I don't know what will.

Good news is that my surgery wounds are now totally healed over. I'm also joining a new gym this week which is going to cost me a lot of money but will hopefully be worth it. I've started to get a bit bored of my smaller gym and want something that offers more classes and variation, and there is a great Virgin just opposite my office. It also has a lovely pool / spa, so provided I can find a half decent swimming costume I plan on making lots of use of that!

Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend x

Yay - managed a 100% day yesterday :) But meeting a friend at lunchtime today, so going to have to have a meal off plan. I'm usually pretty good in restaurants (lean protein and salad / steamed veg, no sauces), but annoyed I have to go off plan so early on this week. Sadly it can't be helped. Its my best friend who's visiting from Dubai and I hardly ever get to see her, especially without our kids in tow! I suggested going for a pedicure or something instead, but she is 20 weeks pregnant so understandably wants to go somewhere to eat :) Going to peruse the menu of the place we're going now to see what the options are, it's always better to pick in advance so I'm less tempted when I read the menu when I'm hungry.

I bought shorts yesterday for my holiday in Croatia - I haven't worn shorts since my honeymoon! Although my legs are nowhere near as lean as I'd like, the exercise has given them a bit of shape, so the shorts don't look as bad as I thought thy might. Thought I had better try and get some cool clothes in rather than cover up as I usually do - it's set to be over 30 degrees there during the day so HOT HOT HOT. Still need to find a swimsuit though...

Ok so weighed this morning - for the first time since the surgery. I've put on 1/2 a kilo (just over a pound) since then, which I'm actually pleasantly surprised at as I thought it would be more, given I'm been wildly off plan for most days. OK, some of the gain probably already came off as I've been really good this week, but it's a relief nonetheless!

So did my first personal training session this morning since the surgery, and all seemed to go well! Focused mostly on legs and arms and I'm sure I'm going to feel it tomorrow...

Went off plan last night - not badly, as our fridge seems to be bare these days, but I did have a small hunk of cheese and a low cal frozen yoghurt lolly (only 90 calories, but tasted like 900 it was so delicious!). It was because I was in the house on my own and so bored, and just goes to show me that I still have a long way to go to change my eating habits in the longer term. I just can't be trusted when I'm on my own!

So I ended up being about 50% over the weekend :) Determined to stick with it this week though - I have less than 4 weeks until Croatia and trying on swimsuits this weekend was just scary... Although my motivation now is about more than what I look like in a swim suit - my husband and I are going to start trying for another baby this month, so I have until I fall pregnant (if I fall pregnant) to lose as much as possible before I move onto a sensible eating plan during pregnancy. Honestly, if that doesn't keep me on the straight and narrow then I don't know what will.

Good news is that my surgery wounds are now totally healed over. I'm also joining a new gym this week which is going to cost me a lot of money but will hopefully be worth it. I've started to get a bit bored of my smaller gym and want something that offers more classes and variation, and there is a great Virgin just opposite my office. It also has a lovely pool / spa, so provided I can find a half decent swimming costume I plan on making lots of use of that!

Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend x

How exciting!!! Good luck with the baby making :p

How exciting!!! Good luck with the baby making :p

ha ha, thanks Tinneh! Just realised I am totally oversharing information, hiding behind the anonymity of this forum!!! :)

OK, so joined the new gym yesterday and went to my first class this morning - body pump. oh. my. word. I'm now sitting back at my desk in the office and all 4 limbs feel like jelly, so know I had a good workout :) Struggled a little with the side planks as was a bit tentative after the surgery, but other than that I managed to more or less keep pace with all the fit people in the class! I went along with my au pair who is also a member of the gym, and it was so nice to be working out with a friend. We're going to go do their zumba class tomorrow morning, provided I can move after the hammering I've just given my muscles today!

Husband ordered himself pizza last night - naughty man. Luckily I was good and managed to avoid it, and was very pleased to see he had chucked his leftovers in the bin this morning rather than leaving them in the fridge. So absolutely no temptation thank goodness.

Back