Total Solution My Exante journey..

Poor Womble - hope you feel better soon.

I did laugh at your reverse 5:2 though - I think I'm on that plan too! :tongue:

Eurgh, still feeling rubbish, but had to come into work today as am meeting a potential new client at their offices this afternoon. I am in no fit shape to pitch for business, but I really don't have a choice, the timing is terrible.

To top it all, I have lip swelling. Had it from July last year to January this year on and off (together with full body rashes and swelling), and really hope I'm not going to go through that again. It involved course after course of steroids, and the inevitable weight gain... I've taken one of my prescription anti-histamines, but still a bit swollen. Think I'll have to make an appointment with the doctor as it's either a reaction to being sick or taking paracetamol. Going to push for an epi-pen to manage it, rather than the steroids this time. This sucks.

On a lighter note, I lost 2.5lbs this week, which I'm happy with given the long weekend off plan.

Oh excellent loss Womble. I managed 1lb after my 'lost weekend' of the first May bank holiday, which was also amazing given my spectacular self-inflicted derailment. Sorry you're still poorly though - hope you can get that sorted asap.

Great loss womble but sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. Sometimes it feels never ending doesn't it x

OK feeling a bit brighter this morning.. still feel a bit nauseous though. Managed to get through my client pitch yesterday and won the business which is fab. Now I just need to summon the energy to get cracking with the work!

Was absolutely starving last night - probably as a result of getting better from this virus (for some reason I always feel hungry at the tail end of a sickness bug). So I fried an egg in coconut oil and added to my chicken curry pack with a dash of soy sauce and some vinegar. Delicious - felt like a real treat, and meant I didn't crave the sweet and sour that I cooked for the rest of the family! Might try doing the same tonight, but probably with a poached egg in an attempt to be a little healthier.

Morning everyone, hope you all had lovely weekends. It was so lovely in London - lots and lots of sunshine! Managed to stay on track with the diet on Saturday but did have lunch out on Sunday... we ended up going to a chinese buffet, which is hardly great for this diet, but I'd been advised by my son's paediatrician to take him to a buffet-style lunch place so that I could test his reactions to a range of different foods (he has food phobias). I managed to find some stuff to eat that wasn't too bad off plan - they had shredded vegetables, chicken satay skewers and thai broth, which were all delicious. My son ended up eating a satay skewer which was a bit of a 'wow' moment, so glad it was worth going!

I booked my gallbladder surgery, and will be having the operation on 23rd June. So really not that long to go! I have to stay in hospital that night, rest for 3 days and then should be good for work on the Monday (given I have a desk job and sit on my butt all day). I'm then under orders not to do any exercise for a week, and then only non-impact stuff under supervision in the week after that. After that, I apparently should be good to start introducing some cardio again, provided I feel up to it.

Going to try and be really really good on the diet until the surgery to make sure I'm in the best possible shape. It's nice having a very short deadline, as it actually feels quite manageable! The only danger I have coming up in the next few weeks is Royal Ascot - but I'm so useless with drinking in the daytime (it just gives me headaches) that I actually don't mind that much and don't feel I will be missing out if I skip the picnic / drinks.

Morning everyone, hope you all had lovely weekends. It was so lovely in London - lots and lots of sunshine! Managed to stay on track with the diet on Saturday but did have lunch out on Sunday... we ended up going to a chinese buffet, which is hardly great for this diet, but I'd been advised by my son's paediatrician to take him to a buffet-style lunch place so that I could test his reactions to a range of different foods (he has food phobias). I managed to find some stuff to eat that wasn't too bad off plan - they had shredded vegetables, chicken satay skewers and thai broth, which were all delicious. My son ended up eating a satay skewer which was a bit of a 'wow' moment, so glad it was worth going!

I booked my gallbladder surgery, and will be having the operation on 23rd June. So really not that long to go! I have to stay in hospital that night, rest for 3 days and then should be good for work on the Monday (given I have a desk job and sit on my butt all day). I'm then under orders not to do any exercise for a week, and then only non-impact stuff under supervision in the week after that. After that, I apparently should be good to start introducing some cardio again, provided I feel up to it.

Going to try and be really really good on the diet until the surgery to make sure I'm in the best possible shape. It's nice having a very short deadline, as it actually feels quite manageable! The only danger I have coming up in the next few weeks is Royal Ascot - but I'm so useless with drinking in the daytime (it just gives me headaches) that I actually don't mind that much and don't feel I will be missing out if I skip the picnic / drinks.

Sounds great womble, you did really well with your Chinese choices!
Good that you have the date for your surgery, and sounds like a short recovery period, you will be back to it in no time at all!
Ascot sounds exciting, have you been before? x

We go to Ascot each year - not a particularly big fan of horse racing, but I love people watching!!! We are incredibly lucky that we are members of the Royal Enclosure so the people watching is particularly special :)

I'm customising my own hat this year... not sure whether that is a good idea or not. Basically, I'm planning on stitching some coral silk flowers onto a ivory hat, and wearing with a navy dress, coral bag and whatever shoes I decide to wear. And then maybe a coral pashmina...

Perhaps I'm being a bit ambitious with my recovery period... my health insurance has said they will pay for me to stay in hospital for 3 nights if needed... which is quite tempting as it will be like a mini-break (hopefully with lots of pain meds to ease the pain). But think my husband will freak out at the idea of managing the house / toddler / life admin for 3 whole days, so should probably try and recover at home instead :)

Sounds lovely, I have never been.

Love the sound of your outfit, hope your hat idea works out.

As long as you are resting as much as possible I am sure you will recover quickly, though the 3 day 'mini-break' sounds like bliss!!

Hope everyone's having a lovely morning - isn't this sunshine wonderful? Really lifts the mood!

My husband seems to have got the sickness bug I had last week... I really felt sorry for him last night as he was feeling sick at work and then had to get a tube and a packed train to get home... needless to say he didn't make it without being sick, and ended up walking home as couldn't face the commuter train (we live in SW London, and the evening commute from the city is horrific). I really wanted to be a good wife and go out to meet him to help him home, but it's a bit tricky when you've just put your toddler to bed.. our au pair had gone out so there was no-one to babysit. I just hope he keeps his germs to himself, and doesn't pass them to me / our son!

Saw on the Exante website that they have introduced some new desserts, that look suspiciously like Angel Delight (does anyone else remember that from childhood?). Really tempted to order some to have for dinner in this hot weather... I have memories of being at boarding school and skipping meals so that we could make Angel Delight instead and eat it straight from the bowl. With the smallest possible tea spoon to make it last as long as possible!!! I'm sure the memory is much nicer than the reality, but it is very tempting... would be interested to hear if anyone has tried them already and what they think.

Feel for your husband......had the same bug myself the other week, horrid :(

Ooh, Angel Delight......I remember it well :D

......off to check the Exante website now :)

Hope your hubby doesn't share his germs!

Never been a fan of angel delight but sounds like it would make a nice change!
Let us know if you try it x

Womble all the very best for your gallbladder surgery - I totally understand the appeal of resting in hospital when it'll be paid for in any case, and you'll be so tired when you get home it might actually help you to stay where you don't have anything to do. Managing a toddler is such a full on job!

I saw the angel delight thingys but this month I've gone all savoury meals. Had the dhal pot tonight and it was absolutely lovely. Bit of added salt and Bob's your uncle.

As you can see from my sig I went totally off the rails last weekend and paid dearly for it. Have left myself 3 weeks to lose 10lbs and I'll be gutted if I don't make it. The pressure!!!

As you can see from my sig I went totally off the rails last weekend and paid dearly for it. Have left myself 3 weeks to lose 10lbs and I'll be gutted if I don't make it. The pressure!!!

10lbs in 3 weeks has got to be doable - am sure you will smash it!

OK been offline the past few days as drowning in work. Taken on a new client and just getting a bit stressed about delivering the first piece of work for them... if I get it right, I will get lots more work from them which should see me through to the end of the year with a nice profit and if I get it wrong, I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs for a few months!

I recorded my first gain on this diet last week - I put on 1 pound. Think that's fair given I was off track for the weekend, and it's also TOTM. Again. So not too down about it.

Had a few really nice meals on the diet this week... I put a poached egg with the curry which was delicious. I also made the sausage mix into little meatballs, light fried them with a little chilli and garlic, and mixed up with some steamed courgette spaghetti (70 calories worth). It was totally delicious and I will definitely be doing that at least once a week from now on! Can highly recommend if anyone fancies trying it, as it really feels like a real meal.

Also had a really really great session at the feeding clinic with my son. We're eventually getting some help with his food aversions and have a 8-week plan in place to try and get him to eat 3 new foods (dry cereal, cheese and apples). It really feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I get so stressed / worried about his lack of eating, and just knowing that we have the help now is a great relief. I know it's still going to be difficult to get where we need to be, but looking at his progress in 8-week windows just seems a lot more manageable somehow... Makes me think I should apply that same principle to my weight loss journey (i.e. instead of just thinking about the end goal, starting thinking in terms of 1-month and 3-month targets). On that basis, I've set myself 2 mini-goals:

- Lose 12lbs in 1 month
- Lose 35lbs in 3 months

There is absolutely no reason I can't meet those goals, right??!? If I start behaving on weekends??!?

I have just over a week to Ascot and I still haven't found a dress so starting to stress a little bit about that... means I will probably have to go shopping with my toddler in tow this weekend which is never fun. The ones I ordered from ASOS are awful... I hadn't realised one had a transparent back (what's the deal with that??!? Don't people wear bras anymore??!?). The other one weighs a ton and is just not going to be fun to wear if it's even slightly warm.

I have also treated myself to a little lip enhancement next week :) I'm booked in for Tuesday. I have done it before and liked the results but still a bit nervous in case it goes wrong (anyone else remember Leslie Ash?!). Especially as I have a lunch meeting with a client the day afterwards and another important client meeting the day after that...

Morning! totm is always a dodgy week for me no matter what diet i'm doing, I either stay the same or gain a couple of pounds, I can usually tell from my clothes aswell..... Fingers crossed for a good loss next week ;)

Oooh, lip enhancement sounds interesting! I'd like mine doing just a little bit but what I really want is my eyebrows tattooing! I know exactly where I want to go to and what i'd like but my money is always needed elsewhere! maybe a target weight treat.....

I always find that places like asos and boohoo have lovely stuff but sometimes have odd 'fashionable' details that make them difficult to actually wear! What kind of dress are you looking for?

Back