Total Solution My Exante journey..

Thanks Darcy! I managed quite a bit over the weekend too - I did a zumba class on Saturday morning, surprised myself with 22,000 steps on the pedometer in the afternoon (trip across London to the museums with toddler) and then went swimming yesterday afternoon, which was a bit more relaxing! Rather stupidly though, I ran out of my thyroxin medicine and wasn't able to get hold of any at the weekend, so have been feeling really sluggish (it puts a massive dent in the metabolism, amongst other things). Luckily got an emergency prescription this morning, so hoping to hit the gym this afternoon. As usual, I cheated my way through the weekend on the food front. grrrr.

Hey lovely, I am back, feels like I have been gone for ages!!!
That gain was ok, well done! I don't even want to write down how much I have put on over the holidays!
Glad your recovery has gone well, very excited for you for trying again :) x

Ok so stayed almost on plan with the diet yesterday - did have a bit of roast chicken as an afternoon snack after the gym (did 30 mins cardio - didn't feel like much given my recent efforts, but about 6 months ago that would have felt like a lot!). Planning on heading to the gym later today again to try my first run since the surgery.

So lost 2 pounds when I weighed in this morning. Frankly, I was hoping for a bit more as I haven't been too naughty on the food front and I've done a shed load of exercise. Frustrating!!

I did my first run since surgery last night - went ok, although I've definitely lost a bit of cardio fitness after not running for so long. Am going to have a break from the gym today though (first break this week) and pick it up again tomorrow with a PT session in the morning and Zumba in the evening. I have just over a week to go until Croatia so would love to do what i can this week!

2lb is great, I know you are disappointed but it is in the right direction!
Perhaps it is the exercise, I have to add protein when I am exercising a lot as my weight slows or stops

Can't believe croatia is so soon!

I do think the exercise slows weight loss down as you are retaining / building muscle, but it is still frustrating! Saying that, I think I'd rather have a slower weight loss and be fit and healthy, so going to keep up the exercise as that's going to be much more beneficial in the longer term. And I am really noticing the difference in my shape. My legs now seem to be curvy in the right places and are getting very well defined, my arms are slimming down enough that I will dare to bear them in Croatia but my stomach... well that's still just stubbornly hanging there, looking more out of place than ever!

Yesterday I did a Zumba / Street Dance class in the evening, was great fun! Unfortunately my PT has cancelled on me today as she's sick, so I don't have any exercise planned now, but back to another zumba class in the morning.

Oh, and I'm out for dinner tonight... at my absolute favourite sushi restaurant... am going to try to avoid any sushi with rice, and stick with a side of veg, some sashimi and perhaps some grilled meats. So a complete feast, but essentially very low carb and hopefully very low calorie. The weekend is also going to be a bit tricky as have a BBQ at a friends on Saturday and going to the polo with a picnic on Sunday. Luckily I can probably get away with salads and grilled meat at the BBQ, and we are packing our own picnic for the polo, so again, will take chicken breasts and salad rather than sandwiches I think!

So totally forgot to post yesterday... had a fab weekend, although totally off plan with the various events. Tried to stay healthy though, despite one blip involving an ice cream (the weather was just too nice to resist).

Just out of a PT session with a new trainer at the gym - was amazing, if a lot tougher than my usual sessions. The guy did a body fat / muscle / water analysis beforehand, and saw that I actually have a lot of muscle (apparently the highest he's ever seen recorded in a woman, which I'm super pleased with!) so despite also having lots of fat (yeah, the negative bit), he thought I could take a much tougher routine. Even after a cold shower and cold hairdryer, I'm still sweating now!!

Going to try and be good on the food front until Croatia... although I have just signed up with him on a regular basis, so think I will need to take in extra protein going forward to make sure I can cope with the routines. I don't think that will cause much harm, and in my situation will actually probably be better for me, as I want to keep the muscle and lose the fat.

So only lost 1lb over the past week. Bit frustrating, but decided not to get hung up about it.. I also felt so bloated and swollen this morning from such a sticky night (24 degrees was the lowest temperature overnight in London - gulp), that I imagine if I re-weigh tomorrow morning it might be a bit more than that, as I'm sure I was retaining some of the 8 or so litres of water I drank yesterday!

Today's my last day checking in before Croatia - speak to you all on Monday!

So I'm back! And probably quite a bit heavier despite only being away for 4 days :) I was ok on the food front (mostly ate grilled fish, seafood and salad), but I had bread twice and one HUGE hangover breakfast. And one ice cream...

But my major downfall has simply been booze. And lots of it. Put it like this - we were out until at least 3am every night and ordering the most enormous bottles of vodka I've ever seen (I think one was 6 litres - it was half my height!). Admittedly there were a few of us, but it was just such a great atmosphere and we were all having such fun that I just simply joined in and drank. Have no regrets whatsoever, as it was the most amazing 4 days, but I know I have to work extra hard this week as a result. So am 100% today and for the rest of the week, and have a mammoth training session planned in the gym for tomorrow. Weight loss aside, it will be great as a detox which is exactly what I need right now :)

My au pair is away so desperately trying to figure out childcare - currently my son is sat in my office watching Thomas repeats on You Tube, but I know I can't get away with this all week :)

Good thanks Natalie. Had a great PT session yesterday (although feeling it today!) and booked in again for Saturday. Going to try and fit in 2 cardio sessions before then too, but having a rest day today to let my muscles recover. Ate pretty well yesterday - 3 packs and a little extra lean protein after training.

Also spent some time sorting through my remaining packs yesterday - I had boxes stashed around the house, so despite thinking I needed to place another order, I actually have enough to see me through another month :)

Oh and didn't weigh this morning as it's TOTM (so not pregnant :( ) - will weigh tomorrow though.

Hi Womble! I went to Croatia a few years back and loved it - we stayed in a town called Trogir (spelling) about half an hour from Split. It was the most beautiful place and I'm desperate to go back one day. It sounds like you had an amazing time and are back in the zone already :) I am going to sit down tonight and read your whole diary but just wanted to pop by and say hi for now! x

Hi Astro - totally agree about how beautiful Croatia is... and how undeveloped it still is! Would love to go straight back there right now...

OK so weighed in this morning. I'm 2.2 lbs up from where I was before holiday. I'll take that. It was probably a lot more but having been back rigidly on the diet since coming back I've probably dropped the water weight. Still quite scary that I can manage to put on over 2 pounds in less than a week, but it is what it is. My next holiday is Dubai in November and I'm determined to be MUCH slimmer by then (or pregnant.. in which case I still want to be losing weight but will obviously have to do it without Exante). Anyway, I've booked my son into the creche in the gym later this afternoon so have no excuses not to go. I'm then going to take him for his tea at Wagamama, and I'm going to have a miso soup for my tea. I do love miso soup as it's so delicious and good for you, but it doesn't really stand for a filling tea... but at least if I go with that in mind to order, I don't have to look at the menu and can have it as my 'extra' after a workout (its a measly 66 calories) and then have a pack later tonight.

OK day food wise yesterday. I ended up taking my 3-year old out for dinner, as I bunged him into the creche while working out at the gym at his usual tea time (bad mummy!), so was in a bit of a rush to feed him after. I ate ok though - I had a chicken salad with no dressing.

Rather stupidly though, I forgot my lunch bar at work today... and I'm starving. I don't trust myself to go to the shops to get another meal replacement bar, as think I'm so hungry I might be tempted by something else... Luckily I finish here at 2.30, so I'll just have a late lunch at home and wallow in my miserable hunger until then...

Going back to the gym later this afternoon - that's the good thing about using their creche facilities - it means I'm rather committed to going when I've booked them for my son :)
Yesterday in the gym I ran (with walking breaks) 3km and cycled 10km. Today I think I'm going to do a 2km run (without walking breaks) and 20 mins on the elliptical. Then I have another PT session on Saturday morning before a much needed gym break on Sunday!

Back