My FIL - RANT!!

What a dreadful situation. I hope it's getting sorted now Jim and that there's not too much damage from the burst pipe.
I'm a bit worried about the house next to mine as it's been empty for months so probably hasn't got any heating on. If I suddenly notice damp on the connecting wall I'll have to call the police and fire brigade to break in!

What a mess Jim. Hope the plumber got things sorted. Boo to the hospital for being unhelpful though - one more day after so long surely wouldn't have made that much difference.

Hope the plumber got things sorted for you Jim. You seem to be in one of the really helpless situations with your FIL and it must get so frustrating. Big hugs all around and keep coming on here to let off steam xx

Morning all,

Well it's finally all sorted, although we didn't get home until after 10 last night. Jack has heating and water and all the carer's are back on line. The Dr came though as well and now he has 14 days of blister pack meds and the blue book is sorted so the carers will make sure he takes his meds.

Is Jack grateful? Hardly, all he could do was swear because he's now in a bed downstairs.

There you go then. :sigh:

He sounds like a crusty old b****r Jim - but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you are doing your absolute best for him - well done, it's not easy x

oh Jim glad you got him home, but yes he does sound like a miserable bugger.

It annoys me, but only because it upsets Colleen. I don't really care about him at all really.

a difficult situation. the hospital do have a duty of care, should only discharge someone when they are sure they are going to a safe environment, but they also can't just have people in beds that don't need acute medical care, there may be someone more in need of that bed. there are halfway beds available for such cases.
sometimes elderly people react in this non co operative way because thay are frustrated that they are losing their independence, are on that slippery slope. difficult for you to deal with, but try put yourself in his shoes, not that comfy!
good to hear you have it all in hand now.

I'm sorry you and Colleen are going through this, Jim - it must be so scary and frustrating. Hang in there - we are all thinking of you.

Love Sera

Thanks all. :)

It helped a great deal by being able to rant on here. :)

Hope things stay calm now he's home. Is he at risk of more falls Do you think Jim, or were the stairs the main danger?

Hugs to you and Colleen, hope things get a bit easier now he is home, does not sound like you will ever get a thankyou from him but at least you know you have done all you can for him xxx

I hope the old boy is settling in well x

Hope things stay calm now he's home. Is he at risk of more falls Do you think Jim, or were the stairs the main danger?

We think he fell off his stair lift, god knows how though WW.

We visited last night, he just turned and faced the wall, wouldn't speak to us at all. Shrug!

Oh Though you were switching it off Jim - what a stubborn old mule poor colleen must be so upset x bug hugs to you both x

We have Vicky, I'm talking about the original fall.

Back