My FIL - RANT!!

Oh Jim... what a mess, I hope that somewhere along the line someone does their job properly so that you can the right results for FiL. x

Oh dear, what a mess Jim.

Better that it landed with him back in hospital than back at the foot of the stairs with another broken bone though.

Feel for your wife - must be a nightmare for her.

Jims away till thursday I think Linz x

He is In Old trafford setting up a new store i think :) doing the tills and stuff. staying in a hotel getting drunk eating naughties.... you know ;)

I hope all is well with Jack while he's gone x

hello from cold and frosty manchester. The Dr is seeing Jack today with a view to sectioning him I'm told.

yes Jim hope it all works our for the best love x

Maybe things can move from here then Jim and the old boy will be a bit safer and life a little bit easier for you and Colleen x

Jack is having 7 days remedial treatment on the advice of the psychiatrist, this involves 24 hour care at home, she believes he has a urinary infection and is not drinking enough water, this is what is sending him loopy it would seem. We'll see. it seems to me that they just do not want to make the decision to put him in a home. Maybe I'm biased though.

That can happen but the fact that he was in hospital for a long time implicates them as they should have been making sure he had fluids and his electrolytes were ok etc.

If he is not taking in proper fluids without medical/carer intervention that is also a problem as the 24 hour care will not stay in place - what will happen when they pull back.

Fluids are a problem with older people, especially when they are on "water tablets" and this will effect the electrolytes, possibly leaving them potassium and/or sodium deficient which can sometimes produce dementia type appearance - it did with my dad and improved when corrected. It does not sort the problem, however, if he is not looking after himself properly anyway.

I hope they make the right decision sooner rather than later and before he does some real damage to himself.

Good to have you back Jim - have a good day x

Ah Jim - colleen must be in a right state :( at least he has 24 hour care though..thats a start

well, as Gem pointed out, he shouldn't have left hospital in that state. We'll see how it goes for 7 days.

Back