My FIL - RANT!!

Can't believe he'd be so rude after everything that yr doing!! He really has given up on everything hasn't he? BIG hugs to both of you guys. xx

ah Ok Jim. what a miserable sod.

How soul destroying Jim - take care of yourself and Colleen and take solace in the fact that you are doing all that you can x

More bad news I'm afraid, we got called out by his fall alarm twice yesterday, the Doctor is coming today, we are trying to get him to go into a home. His mind seems to be wandering and he doesn't know where he is.

Oh Jim - It's so hard isn't it. If you weren't there the alarm people would've sent for an ambulance and he would've been re-assessed by the social worker. I think you have grounds to push for a home in that he is now a danger to himself x

I know Gem, last night we found him upstairs, this is after disabling the stair lift, he was trying to find his bed he said? Which of course is downstairs now. :sigh:

Oh Jim :( sounds like he is veru confuzzled and everything. there is no way he can be on his own :( xxxxxx hugs xxxxxxx

Jim - phone social services and voice your concerns. If they are "unable" to help or if (like a lot of the kids I refer) he doesn't "meet the criteria" tell them you'll put it in writing to them and hold them responsible if anything happens to him as they've been warned.

See if you can get the doctor on board. He/she may be able to assess Jack and get something moving x

Really sorry to hear that you're having all these problems, Jim - Jack definitely sounds like he needs full time care now.

Latest is the Dr has visited and says the HAT (Health assessment Team?) need to see him and that he is being sent back to hospital, this sounds as though the Dr is saying he shouldn't have been released in the first place.

I think that maybe the doc is right in saying that - it was all a bit rushed wasn't it. If the hosp social worker had assessed him properly it may have been a totally different story and he may have been released into a nursing home for assessment. Once there he may have been happy to stay or move on to somewhere more appropriate. It may be that you and Colleen will end up making the decision in the long run anyway. I hope it all works out ok x

Thanks Gem. We want him to go in a home, it's just that he refuses and as you know, until we can have him sectioned or an assessment that he needs 24 hour care, our hands are tied really.

Yes fingers crossed Susie, it should have happened before he left if you ask me.

Fingers crossed that you get a proper assessment this time Jim, sounds like an awful situation for you all xx

Colleen has had PoA for the last 4 years Lisa, We wouldn't be able to pay hiss bills and all the other stuff without it.

Back