My FIL - RANT!!

So sorry to hear you and Colleen are going through this Jim.

I found the time when my nan was in hospital the hardest as you would come across consultants and nurses on different shifts with different opinions about the care that she could have. She also never looked comfortable there, all so clinical.

I think our relief came when she got transferred to a Nursing Home as she was with the people who could make her comfortable. It is almost as if they are better equipped to cope with people in their last few days or people who just dont want to go on anymore. She certainly seemed to be a lot more comfortable and at peace there and eventually passed in her sleep in a room full of nick naks and a comfy duvet. Maybe that sounds strange but it felt more right.

Is this something you could eventually consider for Colleens dad if he has just given up like you think as it sounds like he will be equally unhappy wherever he is :(

Big hugs and thinking of you both xx

We have been trying to get Jack into a nursing home for the last couple of years love, he just won't go.

IF he keeps going the way he is going with refusing Liquids and Food it may soon be a decision thats taken out of his hands. My nan was of the same opinion too. Heartbreaking as you know that will be best for him too :(

I understand exactly what you are saying. My Mum too resisted but once her things were in she was a lot more comfortable x

Lisa, I can just see that with Jack love. just won't do as he's told, pointblank refuses.

Ah well, Colleen, Eleanor and Carol are on a night out, I've broken out a bottle of Islay malt seeing as i'm off for a couple of days.

Wash your mouth out mate, this is a single malt I'm talking about

No adulteration at all. :D

I do like a Irish to or a glenmorangie its that time of year trouble Jim once its open its gone!!

Crested Ten Jamesons - extra nice!

OK, I've had my dram, next is a Talisker, then maybe a Bushmills Black lable

Back