My First Day

chuckie21

Today Ive had a fabby day, felt really in control and amazed at the amount of food I was allowed!! Cheese, so much cheese!!
heres what I had

Green Day

B: HiFi Bar HE
Pear
Mullerlight Yoghurt

S: 3 Light BabyBell

L: Tesco HL Egg Salad Sandwich 9syns HE
Fruit salad

D: Eggs
1 Rasher Lean Bacon 2syns
Baked Beans
42g half fat cheese

S: Aero mini 3syns

Look good or not??

Looks very tasty.

Good luck with your 2lbs a week goal...you can do it. x

Hi Chucky

Welcome....hope you have a great journey...

Just wanted to ask... how many syns are you going for a day?

im aiming for 5-10
the reason I had 14 today is because I made some pasta and it was yucky so i had to grab a sandwich as I was at college and just had to try and make the best choice

Hey! Your diary looks great to me. Just a couple of thoughts:

I know it's a hassle sometimes when you're working... but have you thought about making yourself a free lunch instead of buying a sandwich? You could make a massive egg salad.. or turn the day into Mix2Match and have an egg and ham salad. Or you could make your own sandwich at home and take it into work using bread as your HE and fill it up with free foods. A squirt or two of salad cream or low fat mayo would only be a couple of syns.

Sometimes I take a Bacholars Pasta n Sauce (free) into work and make it in the microwave. That's much more filling than a sandwich! Or maybe you can buy a jacket potato and beans/salad?

9 syns is quite a lot to use up for lunch everyday I think. You could have a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend for that!

Also, you've mentioned a pear and a fruit salad which is great... but have you had your five a day? I know this is hard work sometimes too and I'm the worst for it... but it's worth trying to fit in some veg alongside your meals if you can.

I'm sure if you stick to what you're doing you'll loose weight. It's good to hear you're enjoying it!

Enjoy...

Ste
x

Ah sorry, you've posted whilst I was writing that!

Yep, you made a really good choice (9 syns sandwich) if you were stuck.

Hope you have a good rest-of-the-week and keep enjoying it all.

x

I have a drink that counts for my 5 a day as im useless for eating fruit and veg and try as I might it wont happen, so im just eating what I can and having a supplement drink

Generally seems good to me, but just so you know, your drink can only count as 1 of your 5 a day. Doesn't matter how many juices you have, only one of five can be liquid, the other 4 need to be actual fruit or veg.

Mind you, not that I get to 5 every day, can't claim to be that angelic! But just wanted to let you know, so that you don't have loads of a supplement drink (that might do your diet some harm in the long term, smoothies and such are a bit of a no no apparently!) and can try to get a couple of portions of proper veg/fruit in there.

There are lots of sneaky ways to get hidden veg into your foods - SW has got many ideas on that. :)

Also just wanted to say that if you juice your own fruit and veg for a drink .... sadly that becomes syn'd too!

There are loads of recipes on here that are worth trying and I think this regime is a trial and error to see what works for you.

Me I tend to have a lot of green days and a small piece of meat with my evening meal as one of my HB choices.. as this works well for me and I feel fuller... yet some like red days.

Good luck and shout if you need any help :)

Im quite ruthless and make a salad or a meal the night before to take to work with me.
If for some reason I dont get the time, then I will bring a Pasta n Sauce, mug shots or fat free noodles to bung in the microwave.
HTH!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Hi and well done on getting through your first day :eek:)

Your food looks good, but I would say that you are relying too much on your Healthy Extras and Syns, SW works best when you fill up with your free foods as your primary source of food, or even better, superfree foods! If you felt satisfied, I guess that's fine, but to me it looked like you weren't eating an awful lot!

Hope you are still getting on OK!

I have a drink that counts for my 5 a day as im useless for eating fruit and veg and try as I might it wont happen, so im just eating what I can and having a supplement drink

if this is any sort of smoothie it will be syned so be careful, fruit is only free whole but mush it blend it or juice it and it is all counted as syns!

Back