My fishy week!

Stacey
Rollmops are herrings rolled around chopped onions and dill and then pickled :D
Claireybella -Im a devil for anything pickled ..giant pickled slugs (gherkins) get munched in this house at an alarming rate :eek:
Pesty-I plan on doing cauli/broccoli cheese to have in jacket potato mmmmm
Hope everyone is having a good day...

I had some sweet pickled rollmops at the weekend, yummy! I miss the days with the little wooden stake to hold them together though! My grandad had a fishmongers when I was little so I grew up eating fish. Shellfish is my fave, but can't abide mussels!!

I had some sweet pickled rollmops at the weekend, yummy! I miss the days with the little wooden stake to hold them together though! My grandad had a fishmongers when I was little so I grew up eating fish. Shellfish is my fave, but can't abide mussels!!
How freaky is that..... I just had my lunch and they had little wooden stakes in to secure them :D -never seen it before -mind this is the first time I have had them whilst I have been out here -and they were sweet ones :p, Im going to be big n brave when i go shopping as I have seen something that looks like meatballs in a jar -but they are fish-so I will check what they are and might have to try them :eek:
I love jars of cockles -but they are €1.99 for an itty bitty jar in the naafi

Spicy Red Pesto Cod

Going to try this Gino D'Acampo recipe tomorrow. Looks yummy!

Serves 2

8 syns for whole thing (you could try and reduce the amount of sun dried tomatoes and oil to make it less syns)

200g tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
90g sun dried tomatoes (not in oil), soaked in warm water for 30 mins
1/2 red chilli, deseeded
salt
2 cod fillets (or monkfish or bass)
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

1) Preheat oven to 190.

2) Place all ingredients except salt, cod and parsley in a food processor and blitz until you create a smooth creamy textured pesto. Taste and add a little salt if required.

3) Spoo the pest over the cod filets. Place on baking tray and cook for 16 mins.

4) Remove and serve garnished with parsley.

Hot Smoked Salmon & Courgette Pasta

My lunch today - soooo easy!

Pasta, grated courgette, pack of hot smoked salmon flakes, lemon juice, fresh dill, salt & black pepper.

Yummo and very fresh tasting!

Attachments

• IMG_7567.JPG
    IMG_7567.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 99
Just a slight twist to things, I am attending an opportunity event on sunday regarding becoming a SW Consultant, am a little excited at that one and thought I would share it with you all x
I went to one of those meetings. There is an awful lot of promotion time expected of you and an initial out lay of around £600. You have to find and pay for your own venue, find sick cover and annual leave cover. You have to have a large garage or storeroom to store all your goods. It takes quite a while to earn anything as it is worked out on a percentage of your takings. i think it starts with as low as 20% but I may be wrong so don't quote me on that one. You also have to attend head office in Derby very frequently and will be expected to foot your own hotel bills x

Clairybella -Im in Bielefeld-Germany..Im spoilt for choice with fish -although a lot of it Im not exactly sure what it is :p...and some of it just scares me :eek:

Im a happy chappy at the moment as we went shopping and I got my hands on a 1kg bag of raw king prawns for €7.99 -not exactly cheap, but the ones I did the other day were 10 in a box for €3.99 ... so me thinks I have myself a bargain :D -guess I will be having more fish meals ;). Once I have tried them and know they are good I will get acouple more bags wedged in the freezer....
Stacey -your lunch looks gorgeous -I may have to snaffle that recipe :D

Well I have changed my evening meal slightly... still having salmon with sweet thai sauce -but instead of stirfry and peas Im making paprika wedges and salad -uses the same heB and 1.5syns ......
I can't believe I only have tomorrow left of my week -where has this week gone? anyway hopefully the scales will be kind to me..
Hope everyone else is doing well..

Claireybella -Im a devil for anything pickled ..giant pickled slugs (gherkins) get munched in this house at an alarming rate :eek:

Hi, I have a wee question about these huge sluggy gherkins which I bought at Costo and absolutely love. Do you think they are synned? Claireybella do you know I notice that the jar says that it contains sugar which worried me some and made me think they may not be free. Thanks :D anyone?

Ok...so I saw rollmops at M&S and Sainsburys. I went to reach for them at each shop, shuddered and then put them back. I don't know if I'm ready for them!! THe M&S ones certainly looked tastier as the Sainsbury's ones had skin on.

What do you eat them with??? Just out of the pack?

Hi there Cmcewn -Gherkins are free :D get stuck in :p

Stacey -I first had them on a seafood platter -but I have them with salad just like tuna etc... I never thought I would like them -but Im addicted ...as I say -anything in vinegar and Im happy

Hi there Cmcewn -Gherkins are free :D get stuck in :p

Stacey -I first had them on a seafood platter -but I have them with salad just like tuna etc... I never thought I would like them -but Im addicted ...as I say -anything in vinegar and Im happy

Thanks M'dear you dont think it matters about the sugar then?

Thanks M'dear you dont think it matters about the sugar then?
They show up as free on the site so I assume the ratio of sugar to the free things in them is almost negligible...
All I know is that Im glad as we get through a big jar a week :p

Does anyone know if smoked river cobbler is free?
I can't find it anywhere on the site!

Does anyone know if smoked river cobbler is free?
I can't find it anywhere on the site!

I would assume so. I sincerely hope so as I've been eating lots of cobbler, smoked and unsmoked!

Back