My fishy week!

Thanks for explaining it Filymum, some great meal suggestions. Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow.

Thanks for explaining it Filymum, some great meal suggestions. Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow.

Pleasure !!! for once I am looking forward to WI.

Tonight I had fish pie. I substitute the majority of the potato for mashed cauliflower and use just 2 new potatoes. Instead of a creamy sauce I make a tomato sauce and top it of with hexa x 2 chedder cheese and a lattice work of asparagus which roasts nicely on top of the cheese.

I am really enjoying eating all fish and no meat but find I seem to stick with smoked haddock, salmon and prawns ( langostinas). to get some sword fish this week too.

Tomorrow I will report on weight loss.

Any fishy weigh ins yet hehe?

Yes yesterday..........3lbs. Very happy with that.

tonight's fish dish is a layered salmon dish. Mashed cauliflower, 2 small mashed potatoes , salmon , mixed together and topped with mature cheddar ( hexax2) and a top layer of finely sliced tomato..........served with BNS chips, roasted red pepper and green beans.

Tomorrow I am going to do a langostine and potato salad with a hot tomato and courgette side dish and mashed BNS.

Today's food - red day;
B - smoked salmon and 2 scrambled eggs, half a grapefruit
L - SW prawn cocktail with 2 slices WM bread from 400g loaf, rocket salad and fruit (melon, strawberries and pineapple)
D - fish pie with carrot and swede topping served with broccoli

These fish recipes sound delicious! I'm going to try the fish pie with the carrot and swede topping tomorrow

dinner001_zps945cc640.jpg

Last night's dinner. It was excellent.

I am enjoying my second week on fish but tonight I am having chicken for a change . Tomorrow I will be back on fish and am having tuna steaks with BNS chips and ratatouille .

How've you enjoyed fishy week? When is weigh in day ?

Tomorrow morning! I did have some alcohol and a Chinese/cooked breakfast last weekend and then some cupcakes and popcorn yesterday (oops!) but aside from that all on plan and all fishy! I have enjoyed the meal planning and the challenge of mixing it up a bit but have felt like I've spent a lot of time cooking!

These fish recipes sound delicious! I'm going to try the fish pie with the carrot and swede topping tomorrow

The fish pie is def going to become a regular :) so easy too. I just heated 150ml veg stock, 200g garlic and herb Philly light in a pan until smooth and creamy, I also added two frozen nests of spinach to up the super free. Then mixed 4tsp corn flour with 2 tbsp cold water and added it to the pan stirring until creamy. I added the fish, salt, paper and fresh parsley then popped into a casserole dish with the mashed carrot and swede on top. It was SO GOOD!! If you're not having a red day you could have it with potato and add peas and sweet corn too!

Today's food... Red day
B/L - spicy mackerel on toast with rocket and beetroot salsa (1.5)
image-1257043674.jpg
D - salmon fish cakes with salad
Hexa - milk
HExB - toast/chewy delight
Syns - 1.5

Oohhh! I like the sound of this! I love fish, but unfortunately my husband doesn't - so I only usually eat it at lunchtime. I'd love to do a whole fishy week, but it would mean cooking separate evening meals... I'll have a think about it - might give it a go soon.

Oohhh! I like the sound of this! I love fish, but unfortunately my husband doesn't - so I only usually eat it at lunchtime. I'd love to do a whole fishy week, but it would mean cooking separate evening meals... I'll have a think about it - might give it a go soon.

That is what I dfo as I too have a husband who will oly eat fish from the fish and chips shop. I cook 2 separate meals in the evening and you soon get used to it.

Last night, seared tuna with teriyaki sauce.......yum !!

tuna001_zps0772f685.jpg

How many meals do u have as fish when u do a fishy week? X

I did all 3, breakfast lunch and dinner but there's no hard and fast rule :)

Also how are u doing the coating on the fish when u do fish and chips as it looks amazing. X

You can use stale WM bread whizzed into breadcrumbs to coat the fish after it's been dipped in egg and either syn it or use your HExB.

My one in the photo above was from January's mag. I separated an egg then whisked the egg white into peaks and then folded the lightly whisked egg yolk into the whites. I spooned it over the top of the fish before cooking at 180 in the oven for 20-25 mins. One egg did two cod portions. X

Back