My fishy week!

i started back at SW group last Wednesday. for some reason I have bought loads of fish - salmon and tinned salmon - fish sticks & cockles - sild and OMGoodness I made the Brazillian Seafood Casserole out of this months SW magazine - it is so beautiful and tasty - loved it. Hoping for a good 4 - 6lbs off - as I've had fish every day.

i started back at SW group last Wednesday. for some reason I have bought loads of fish - salmon and tinned salmon - fish sticks & cockles - sild and OMGoodness I made the Brazillian Seafood Casserole out of this months SW magazine - it is so beautiful and tasty - loved it. Hoping for a good 4 - 6lbs off - as I've had fish every day.

What's the recipe for the seafood casserole? I like the sound of a fishy week - I love my seafood and don't really have any excuse as I live in cornwall! I did buy some king prawns this week and was excited to have them with a salad and spicy lime dressing yesterday when I discovered they were a day out of date and was not going to risk it.

rice to serve with - boiled or whatever way you personally want it.
for 4 people (I halved all the ingredients) -
fry light - 1 small onion finely chopped - half green, red, yellow pepper - garlic (x 2 cloves for us) - root ginger - I used lazy root ginger in jar as I had some - 1 tsp. recipe was for 1 red chilli - chopped - but I used half teaspoon of chilli powder. 3 normal sized tomatoes - 50 ml coconut milk, 150 ml fish stock (I used a fish stock cube) - 250 gr white fish - I used cod - cut into cubes - and 250 gr large prawns (tiger prawns or just prawns) - Lime juice - 3 spring onions.

sprayj oil fry pan - add onion on medium heat and cook until transparent - add peppers ginger garlic chilli cook for a coupe f minutes and add tomatoes which have been chopped up roughly - until softened - add coconut milk to stock and add to pan on low heat - bring to boil - then reduced to low heat again - add white fish cover and cook for 2 - 3 - 4 mins - add prawns and cook until they go pink and are cooked through - at the last minute add the spring onions chopped up and a half lime squooshed in ..... serve with rice separate.

sorry this is very quickly typed, my key pad isn't working properly and I have to go to work in 10 mins.

How did your fish week go pippalata? I'm going to try next week after I've been shopping and stocked up so would be interested to hear what you had.

How did your fish week go pippalata? I'm going to try next week after I've been shopping and stocked up so would be interested to hear what you had.

I postponed it because there were a couple of meals I really fancied and didn't want to fall off the wagon. I will be looking to do in the next couple of weeks though. Good luck of you decide to give it a whirl :) make sure you update your food on here.

Sounds like you're off to a good start pippalata. I had planned a fishy week for last week and then ended up looking after my friend and her children at her house and not only did my planned fish meals go out the window so did sticking to plan at all! Still struggling to get back on it especially as I have got so much going on for the next week and not much control over the food. But I have my fish in the freezer so I'm ready to start when I have time to organise myself!

I would be more than happy to have a fishy week,this past week I have had tuna pasta salad,prawns in a chilli tomato sauce with spaghetti with a side salad and tonight I am having one of my favourite slimming world meals which is honey and mustard salmon for dinner. I've also tried the slimming world fish and chips which was really tasty.

I'm thinking of perhaps giving this a go, I still have 1 stone 9lbs to target before I can knobble the doctor for surgery :(

I love fish so this would probably be fairly easy for me. Going to look into doing this and maybe combining it with an SP week, not sure?

Bumping this up as I did this when I was following SW a couple of years ago with great success!
Thinking of doing it again in a couple of weeks...

I can't really have a fish week per se, as my H just hates fish.
I do quite often have fish as part of a meal though, when I can make something else for him, and get good losses most weeks by just adding some each week.

Back