My fishy week!

I stocked up at Farmfoods yesterday, seems good value their. I bought a 750g bag of cooked mussel meat for £2.95 and on the back is a recipe for Creamy Mussel tagliatelle (serves 4)

1 x 750g bag mussels thawed
350g tagliatelle
25g butter
1 small onion chopped
1 clove garlic
150ml dry white wine
200ml creme fraiche
3tbsp chopped parsely

cook the tagliatelle as per instructions
melt the butter/use frylight add the onion and saute for 2mins
add white wine and bring to boil, simmer for 2 mins until reduced,then add creme fraiche.
Simmer uncovered fo about 4 mins or until sauce has reduced slightly.
Season to taste
drain tagliatelle and return to he large pan, add mussels,sauce parsley then toss together to mix. serve.

Assuming we use frylight instead of butter, use half fat creme fraiche anyone know the syns amount ?

Cooking this tonight so will feedback tomorrow !!!

mmmm I love mussels :)

Sorry to gatecrash Snuggles, Jane here is the value for Creme Fraiche:

Basic/Non Branded Foods Creme fraiche, reduced fat 1 level tbsp

extraeasy.gif
1½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns

I love mussles too. You can get a pack of mussel meat for £1 in Tesco (not special offer, just normal price) and they do a really generous meal for 2 - we had prawn and mussel risotto last night and it was fab :)

Sorry to gatecrash Snuggles, Jane here is the value for Creme Fraiche:

Basic/Non Branded Foods Creme fraiche, reduced fat 1 level tbsp

extraeasy.gif
1½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns
Right my converter is saying 1 level tbsp is equivalent to 15g therefore 200g= 14 level tbsp = 21 syns + 5.5 syns for the wine = 26.5 syns 7 syns per serving.

I wonder what it would be like using quark, making it only 1.5 syns per serving ?

Hi- just found this and very excited. I've been at a bit of a plateau recently so from Saturday I will be strarting a fishy week.

if anyone is interested M&S to a Arboroth Hot Smoked Salmon flakes which if 1 syn for whole packet and is a good generous amount to have with a salad at lunch, and is proper tasty :p It's one of my favourite things at the moment so I will have this twice next week. It is in the deli section, and normally in a 3 for £5 deal (I will also get some prawns.) :)

Lol.. Well Quark is thicker and tastes more cheesey, Fromage frais is a bit thinner and both of them are free.. but the creme fraiche you'd need to syn it, so meal would be higher. You can't boil quark or fromage frais as it curdles, but you can add this at the end off the heat. Just an idea. x

Just found this on SW website which I will try this week. Sounds nice:
Mediterranean Salmon and Prawns
ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
1 large can chopped tomatoes with herbs
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 chilli (optional), deseeded and chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bouquet garni
A handful of prawns

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Place the salmon fillets in a casserole dish and add the chopped tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic and chilli (if using).
2. Season to taste, and then add the prawns and bouquet garni. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Before serving, remove the bouquet garni and serve with a selection of your favourite Free vegetables or a huge crunchy green salad.

Tips:
  • You can replace the salmon with any other variety of fish, if you like.
I might use different fish instead of salmon as I am having salmon twice in the week for lunch and it's not a speed food so one of the white fishes might be better :)

cod is half price on the fish counter at tescos, that recipe is definatly one that I will be trying!!

So far today I have had

Breakfast: Mullerlight, mixed berries and alpen light bar
Mid Morning: Apple, Banana, pack of snak a jacks
Lunch: Left over prawn curry from last night

Well today I've had smoked haddock with 2 apricots for breakfast, 5 oat bran with sardines for lunch with a yogurt and a papaya & tonight I'm doing the prawn curry.

lol i love this thread

today so far have had Mullerlight rasps strab and a lovely smoked mackerl and some of last nights samon salad aint sure what i am having for tea

be good to add up all our losses once everyone has weighed in

i cant wait to weigh in next week!! cant wait to hear everyone elses results either!
had smoked haddock with griddled courgette and long pointed peppers and spinach leaves for lunch and tea will be sea bass with roasted veg(potato,sweet potato,carrot,courgette,etc)

I've been trawling the Internet for fish based recipe ideas in preparation for my very fishy week starting tomorrow and there are loads of ideas on the tesco website. Below is just one of them that caught my eye that I might have to try.

Fish, tomato, pepper & orange stew

Ingredients
onion, peeled and chopped
2tbsp vegetable oil
1 red and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes
rind and juice 2 oranges
400g (13oz) frozen fish

Gently fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes until softened. Add the peppers and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, orange rind and juice and bring to boil. Add fish and cook for 10-15 minutes, until flesh flakes easily. Serve with jacket potatoes and steamed vegetables.

Replacing the oil with fry light would then make it syn free!

that sounds nice

had sw chips coley with a bread crumb on top so so far 5.5 syns used today still got hex a and hex b for supper :) lol with some salmon on top :)

Right -well I have been and done my shopping and picked up plenty of fish :D
Including rollmops, butterfly prawns, cod, salmon, mixed seafood and several German varieties Im not sure of yet :p
So Im all set to start when I weigh in on Sunday..
Hope everyone has a great week

Just been to class- the password this week is very apt for a fishy week. I won't say what it is as it's against the rules- but it made me smile :)

Hey guys

Really interested in this topic, i really only like tuna do you think i could have it all week, like different ways lol

today

I had toast and beans for breakfast
Tuna salad and a muller light for lunch
Tuna, green beans, carrots, boiled new potatoes and beetroot
Alpine light bar (3.5syns)

Sx

Back