My fishy week!

had first day today

tuna baked pot and sw coleslaw for lunch
salmon salad and sw wedges for tea

2 muller light 2 apples 1 clemintine melon banana will have cheese and toast later or cheese and ryvita so heres hoping :)

wow it's a fantastic loss! I have a big order coming from Joe's, so I think I will start my fishy week once I've eaten some of that stuff. So starting in 2 Mondays times - excited! The tuna recipe in the new mag looks lovely

Whoops misses a bit off !!! You need 200g pot

Ta very much for info - see I would have got it wrong:eek:

BTW forgot say earlier what a brilliant thread and well done to snuggle69

Looking forward to a good week, first fishy day today , tuna salad for lunch and salmon for dinner, brilliant

My second fishy day today, yesterday I had scrambled egg for brekkie, sardines on scan bran (suprisingly nice) for lunch (everyone moaned about the after effects) and cajun cod for dinner.

Today I had bannana for breakfast, fruit for lunch & a salmon salad for dinner.

Quiet enjoying myself at the moment.

I'm definitely hopping on this bandwagon, 4lbs til target so no better time for a fishy week! Thanks to snuggle for reporting back and inspiring everyone!

Seems there is a fish week epidemic sweeping minimins :D
Love it!

loving it to!! I really am on top of the world now....and my size 12 jeans now fit perfectly wahoooooo......

Just to report back on the speedy prawn curry its mega yummy and I have enough left to take to work for lunch tomorrow....

Glad it has inspired you all and thanks for making this such a great thread, cant wait to see some others results being posted x

Minimins really does rock :)

I am lurverick's husband (I know, I feel sorry for me too), I have just joined this forum. We are on fishy week & I will be trying the speedy prawn curry tomorrow too!

I am lurverick's husband (I know, I feel sorry for me too), I have just joined this forum. We are on fishy week & I will be trying the speedy prawn curry tomorrow too!

Hello and welcome to our world!!!

You wont be dissapointed with it, its mega yummy!

Tomorrow night I am making the salmon fishcakes which are also on this thread!

I tend to do extra easy as its more flexible around my work as I am rarely in one place, I am sure it would work on red though, I do tend to keep carbs to a minimum anyway

Well done, you must be so chuffed. I had fish last night and today for lunch, am tempted to have it tomorrow as well now ;) hehe

I have a piece of salmon, that i intend to take to work tomorrow, any idea how i should cook it......

Also taken SW Chips and veg, i have use of a oven....

if you have an oven wrap it up in a foil parcel, season and cook for 15 to 20 mins will come out lovely and moist x

i think i am going to have a fishy week next week, thats a fantastic loss!

I just need to add a sneaky little pink and white to my eats yesterday!

OMG! what a loss

:mermaid:fish, fish, fish, fish!
Weigh in tonight then gonna have a fish, fish, fishy week starting in the a.m.
Shopping tonight: salmon, cod, prawns, crabsticks, mussels, pilchards, trout, scallops.. looking forward to it as well. thanks for the thread snuggle69, don't know how I missed it all week.

I tend to add spices to the cod before cooking it really does help. Have you thought of making a curry with it? I tend to look for whatever is on offer on the fresh fish counter or if I am in store will look at the reduced bits tesco reduce theirs big time. The other option is to buy frozen?

We have found that plaice fillets are very cheap (yesterday we had a pack of 2 fillets between us for lunch which cost £1.17 from Asda). Our local Asda also had fresh whole sea bass on the fishmonger counter for £1.80 each this week.
We have also picked up some whiting from Morrisons which was only 75p for the small amount we bought but it ranged up to approx £1.30 a pack. Morrisons also sell fresh kippers (without any butter etc) which is enough for 2 people for around about £1.
And of course frozen fish from the supermarkets is always a cheaper option again albeit not quite as a tasty.
I tend to bake the fish in the oven, sometimes I sprinkle it with fresh herbs/lemon zest/lemon juice/hea cheese portion.

Back