My fishy week!

Hope this helps,

Young's Admiral's Pie, Potato Topped, frozen 340g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
9 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 12 Syns
green.gif
Green 9 Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Lots of inspiration on this thread - thanks everyone (and especially Snuggle for starting us off) and congratulations on great losses!

I'm not a really fishy person, but thought I'd try some to shake things up a bit. I came up with 2 variants on SW quiche:

1. Smoked salmon with mushrooms and spring onions (eggs, quark, 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA), seasoning, chopped smoked salmon, chopped spring onions and sliced mushrooms mixed together and baked for 20 mins or so).

2. Tuna with spinach and spring onion (eggs, quark, 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA), seasoning, drained can of tuna in brine, chopped and drained spinach, chopped spring onions, all mixed together and baked for 20 mins or so).

Both dead easy, and absolutely delicious. :) xx

aw thanks, am deff going to try salmon quice, have decide to have ago at the fishy week, starting tomorrow, so this will be a def one to try :)

Well I have no idea how this curry is going to taste, but it SMELLS fantastic!! (and has about 3 calories in it!! Not really, but it would be nice if it did! And it isnt far off!)

Fingers crossed it isnt a disastrophe!!

Evening everyone...
Well I have just had my fish cakes mmmmmmm .... I have been suprised today because I usually find that fish doesn't keep me feeling full for as long as meat! BUT today that hasn't been the case :D
here are my 2 fish meals today :-
the prawn n mango salad

and the salmon fishcakes (I have 2 of these for tomorrow lunch too ;))-will certainly do them again -with parsley sauce , then hubby will like them too! he is getting lamb steak when he gets in today.

hope everyone is having a good day ...pinkies crossed for a good result for us all :cross:

omg well i tried smoked cod tonight and i didn't like it, think it will just have to be tuna and smoked haddock,

a wee question don't know if it is just me but is anyone sweating more with eating the fish lol, just i am sweating loads at the moment and i am only typing on the netbook. lol if anyone else is experiencing this please let me know hahaha

Sx

Once you have enough posts you will see a thanks button appear in the bottom right of the post. They dont stay permanently though, only for a short period.

In other news, prawn and haddock curry was AWESOME. I really enjoyed it. Prawns shrunk down loads and made them much more chickeny in texture. Really really enjoyed it, more than I thought I would, loads of flavour in it.

ME! i weigh in tomorrow at 5.30pm......so should get on here around 7ish with the results :)

OOOO I cant wait to see others results, and am so pleased that your all enjoying this as much as I am, I honestly havent missed meat at all!!

Today for me was
Breakfast: smoked salmon, poached egg on toast
Mid morning: grapes and apple
Lunch: Smoked mackerel salad
Afternoon: banana
Dinner: Sea bass, with garlic onion and tomatoes, salad and new potatoes....

I really hope that everyone else has great losses this week x

Hey all,
I've been lurking, and following the thread with interest :) been trying to throw some fish in this week, and may try a full week although I'll have to cook different for everyone else on some meals!
Well done to everyone for all the ideas and inspiration x

Hey all,
I've been lurking, and following the thread with interest :) been trying to throw some fish in this week, and may try a full week although I'll have to cook different for everyone else on some meals!
Well done to everyone for all the ideas and inspiration x
I have got used to cooking 2 different meals now, with 4 children there was no chance all of them would live on fish like mum lol x

Lol - sounds like I've got no excuse :) I'll try and persuade OH to look at the losses on here, and sign up for at least 1 meal a day a la fish! Congrats again on the fantastic loss. Do we get any hints about how your current week is going????? x

my last fishy tea!! i had a whole sea bass,butternut squash mash,kale,brocolli and roasted on vine tomatoes!

cant wait to get on those scales tomorrow!

when I checked the scales this morning it was 3lbs which I am more than happy with its far more than I usually lose and weigh in day isnt till tuesday :)

Day 2 of my fish week today. Had a bit of a strange day today as visited my fiance's relatives today and I knew there would be a lot of bad food on offer so I ended up having my lunch for breakfast, eating a tiny bit of what his auntie had prepared so didn't look rude and then had dinner quite late. Anyways, food diary for today:

Breakfast- banana. Couscous, lettuce, sweetcorn, peppers and mackerel salad
Lunch- Lettuce, cucumber spring onion. 2 spoonfulls of egg fried rice, one spoonful of beef in black bean sauce. (Syning this as 5 syns as had very very little.Just enough to push around the plate and make it look like I was eating it.)
Dinner- Tuna pasta bake. (Tuna, pasta, carrot, broccolli, sweetcorn, tomatoes) 42g reduced fat cheese. (HEA)
Snack- Hifi bar (HEB) sugar free strawberry jelly (1.5syns) 7 x mikado choc sticks (3.5syns)

Total: 10syns

Thinking about making the couscous stuffed trout which is in this months SW magazine. But might have some cod with Mccains oven chips tomorrow... I'm off work tomorrow so I have all day to deceide what I want! :p

Back