My fishy week!

Morning girlies, well I think its going to be a bit of a dodgy weekend for me!! My son is 18 today and although tonight he is off out with his older brother and all his mates (heaven help me when they fall in the door in the early hours of the morning!) and tomorrow night we are off out for a family night...but its a big celebration as he was born 12 weeks early and we nearly lost him several times in the first couple of months!!
So fishy day for me today
Pilchards on toast for breckie
smoked mackerel and roasted veggies for lunch
sole fillet, new pots and salad for dinner...

Have a good one girlies x

Wow - great losses everyone and hope the consultant event goes well snuggle, and your weekend isn't too mad!
Well I lost 3.5lb on my 1/2 fishy week, got SOW and OH and I won the raffle :) That's on the back of a 3lb loss last week, so I'm really pleased (and surprised). Think I might be off to the supermarket later for some fishy bargains!
Have a great day everyone x

A good fishy morning to everyone

Day 1 (2nd week)

On my fishy menu today is

Breakfast - Sardines on Toast (Hex B)

Lunch - prawn and crabstick mixed with tomato, cumcumber, radish, spring onion and beetroot salad with Bulgar wheat.

Dinner - Smoked Haddock and leak fishcake with SW and beans - fruit and yogurt

Hope you all have a great day...

Morning all and well done on the great losses again :clap:

Have to say that yesterday dinner was gorgeous -I did a big ole cod fillet each-covered with cheese sauce, with steamed potatoes, cauli, carrots and peas.

in case its of use the cheese sauce was (per person):-
  • 125ml semi skimmed(partA)or 3 syns
  • 2tsp cornflour(2)
  • dollop english mustard
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
so if you use your heAs -its just 2syns for the cornflour ;). There was a bit too much sauce so I will reduce it down next time -but it was lovely. Im planning on using it to make macaroni cheese and all sorts

Todays menu is:-
  • natural yog
  • banana
  • mixed berries
  • rollmops
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • melon
  • salmon fillet
  • 1tbs chilli sweet sauce (1)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -stir fried:-
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • celery
  • 71g peas(B)
  • melon
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
so that will be my A+bs used -but only 2.5syns -so I will see if I can use a few more as I go along...

so that will be my 6th day done... just one more (well for this week anyway) -Im thinking of keeping on having fish based lunches and then a couple of evening meals a week. -well thats the plan for now...
Have a great day everyone :D

Morning all and well done on the great losses again :clap:

Have to say that yesterday dinner was gorgeous -I did a big ole cod fillet each-covered with cheese sauce, with steamed potatoes, cauli, carrots and peas.

in case its of use the cheese sauce was (per person):-
  • 125ml semi skimmed(partA)or 3 syns
  • 2tsp cornflour(2)
  • dollop english mustard
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
so if you use your heAs -its just 2syns for the cornflour ;). There was a bit too much sauce so I will reduce it down next time -but it was lovely. Im planning on using it to make macaroni cheese and all sorts

Todays menu is:-
  • natural yog
  • banana
  • mixed berries
  • rollmops
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • melon
  • salmon fillet
  • 1tbs chilli sweet sauce (1)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -stir fried:-
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • celery
  • 71g peas(B)
  • melon
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
so that will be my A+bs used -but only 2.5syns -so I will see if I can use a few more as I go along...

so that will be my 6th day done... just one more (well for this week anyway) -Im thinking of keeping on having fish based lunches and then a couple of evening meals a week. -well thats the plan for now...
Have a great day everyone :D

I love rollmops, could eat till they come out of my ears!! :)

Well I am happy with my 1/2 attempt at fishy week as my home scales :)busted: - I know I shouldn't but i do!!) are showing a loss. My prob is that I am already 2lb under target so am only allowed 1 more lb or i'll be out of target. My scales are showing I have lost that & some more. But that's ok as we are going away today in the caravan for the weekend so with the booze I will consume I will be back to in target zone I think. (hope that makes sence!!)

Anyway - I have enjoyed the fishy meals we have eaten this week & will def make an attempt to eat more fish during the week from now on, not for the weight loss factor, but the variety it add's to our meals.

I am off to enjoy a green weekend now :D

What the hell are rollmops??? Never had 'em!

Well, this is my start of a fishy week! I won't be able to do 100% fishy and I'm allowing myself ham at breakfast as I love it with my fried eggs. But I'm aiming to do as many lunches and dinners as I can around fish. I'm also planning on sticking between 5-7 syns a day.

Was really good last week and only had 37 syns by the time I had weighed in and managed to lose 1lb with it being * week - that is unheard of for me. I normally STS or gain 1/2lb so I'm hoping that another low syn week + fishy meals will give me a nice 3lb loss. I will be chuffed with that!

Fish meals today:

L: hot smoked salmon flakes tossed with grated courgettes and pasta; rocket salad

D: fish, chips and mushy peas with a big fruit salad after for my 1/3.

Well, I finished my fish week and what were the results of WI I here you cry? 0.5Ib off. sucks. Not convinced it entirely down to 'the plan' I think it's me- looking back at my weight losses no matter what I do I have a good loss one week, the an small loss (or even an unexpected gain!) the next. And this week was definitely one where I was scheduled a rubbish loss (and at least it wasn't a gain!) Ah, well. It'll show next week. It will.

onwards and downwards.

Stacey
Rollmops are herrings rolled around chopped onions and dill and then pickled :D
Claireybella -Im a devil for anything pickled ..giant pickled slugs (gherkins) get munched in this house at an alarming rate :eek:
Pesty-I plan on doing cauli/broccoli cheese to have in jacket potato mmmmm
Hope everyone is having a good day...

Sorry to hear you werent happy with your loss Laura, our bodies work in mysterious ways!

As you say, should be off next week and if you normally get a good one bi-weekly imagine how good this one will be with all the fishy goodness!!

xx

Capricorn - do the herrings in rollmops have bones / skin??? (I'm really funny - if I find a fish bone I can't eat any more).
Sorry to hear the loss wasn't as much as you hoped Laura - here's to next week I'm sure it'll be better for you x

Sorry to hear you werent happy with your loss Laura, our bodies work in mysterious ways!

As you say, should be off next week and if you normally get a good one bi-weekly imagine how good this one will be with all the fishy goodness!!

xx
Aww, thanks pesty. It's sometimes hard to stay positive in the face of the randomness though. Can't do a full fish week this week as I'm going away at the weekend but I think I will aim for fish for lunches. It will be a bit harder as I can't go to class next week so the next time I WI will be in 2 weeks and you know what that is?... yep, it's my scheduled rubbish week! *sigh* as long as it's heading generally downwards :p

Giblet -there is skin on them... which is odd because if I get skin on anything else I have a hissy fit :p-but on these you don't even realise its there:confused:-they should be boneless though,,,,

Aww, thanks pesty. It's sometimes hard to stay positive in the face of the randomness though. Can't do a full fish week this week as I'm going away at the weekend but I think I will aim for fish for lunches. It will be a bit harder as I can't go to class next week so the next time I WI will be in 2 weeks and you know what that is?... yep, it's my scheduled rubbish week! *sigh* as long as it's heading generally downwards :p

I can sypathise hun, i had 2 weeks of STS when i had been 100% im really struggling to lose this last 1.5 stone!! It is really demotivating, but even whilst demotivated you have to stick with it! I just though to myself if i give up this week because i havent lost then next week i'll be upset because ive gained!! I switched to red days instead of EE and lost 2lb last week :)

Is there another class that you can go to on a different day next week? Then at least you can get a little feed back as to how your doing even if its not the same day or time as you usually would? xx

Back