My fishy week!

Carthago delenda est- thanks. :) I enjoyed eating it anyway!

just had speed prawn curry with mussels instead of prawns delicious !

I've been worrying all day about a friends BBQ tomorow night, as I really wanted to do fishy week 100% lunches and dinners this week but dont feel comfortable about taking some fish to the BBQ as there is lots of other people going.

So just come up with the idea of having kippers for breakfast and leftover mussel curry for lunch and then at least I've had 2 fishy meals in 1 day ? What do you think ?

just had speed prawn curry with mussels instead of prawns delicious !

I've been worrying all day about a friends BBQ tomorow night, as I really wanted to do fishy week 100% lunches and dinners this week but dont feel comfortable about taking some fish to the BBQ as there is lots of other people going.

So just come up with the idea of having kippers for breakfast and leftover mussel curry for lunch and then at least I've had 2 fishy meals in 1 day ? What do you think ?
BBQ sardines are yummy as is BBQ trout and what about cod kebabs xx

I used to take sardines before I started this diet and said i just love them xx

I think you would be just fine having those two fishy meals, then just be careful at the bbq its so easy to be naughty x

I agree - either take some fish with you and just say that you are no longer eating 'meat' for awhile because you've gone off it.

Or just have 2 fishy meals that day - it's not going to affect your loss if you have chicken or pork one night instead of fish so don't worry about it! Enjoy the BBQ and just make sure you stay within your syns and you'll be fine. x

Day 2 - Week 2

Breakfast - Sardines on toast followed by strawberries

Lunch - Prawn and tuna salad with sw small roasties

Dinner - Lemon Sole fillets with Salad

Syns will be used thought the day

Have a fishy day eveyone

Clairybella -Im in Bielefeld-Germany..Im spoilt for choice with fish -although a lot of it Im not exactly sure what it is :p...and some of it just scares me :eek:

Im a happy chappy at the moment as we went shopping and I got my hands on a 1kg bag of raw king prawns for €7.99 -not exactly cheap, but the ones I did the other day were 10 in a box for €3.99 ... so me thinks I have myself a bargain :D -guess I will be having more fish meals ;). Once I have tried them and know they are good I will get acouple more bags wedged in the freezer....
Stacey -your lunch looks gorgeous -I may have to snaffle that recipe :D

Well I have changed my evening meal slightly... still having salmon with sweet thai sauce -but instead of stirfry and peas Im making paprika wedges and salad -uses the same heB and 1.5syns ......
I can't believe I only have tomorrow left of my week -where has this week gone? anyway hopefully the scales will be kind to me..
Hope everyone else is doing well..

Are you enjoying it over there? Nice one with the king prawns, I'd say that was a bargain too! I went to ASDA's last night, picked up some rollmops, king prawns and some crabsticks! Yumma!

Morning all

My last day of fish week -weigh in tomorrow..will be interesting to see if it makes any difference :cross: 3lb would be great as it will give me my 3.5st award (in 14 weeks :party0011:)..anyway -anything off is a step in the right direction ;).....

My red meal plan for today is:-
  • 4 seafood sticks -at 5am this morning :eek:
  • 1 alpen light (3)-7am
  • 3 plums
  • 227g jacket (B)
  • tuna fish
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • carrot
  • pepper
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • melon
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • steamed cod with lemon + whatever seasoning takes my fancy later;)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) stir-fried:-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • wild mushrooms
  • peppers
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 28g sweetcorn (1.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
So thats A+Bs accounted for and 6.5syns used -

We were up at 5am and on the golfcourse for 6:30-hence the ungodly time I was eating seafood sticks :p....clocked up over 11,000 steps though :D
It looks like I will be having plenty more fish meals as I have loads in the freezer now ;)
Right Im going to get off and make the salads for lunch
Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work :D
Clairybella -I love it out here but we only have about 15months left :mad:
Hope you enjoy your rollmops ;)

[3lb would be great as it will give me my 3.5st award (in 14 weeks :party0011:)..]

My god, Capricorn, you are doing well, Im on week 27 and only just got my 3.5st sticker !!!!

Day 5 done

Day 6 tomorrow

breakfast
baked beans, chopped toms
poached eggs and mushrooms

lunch
crayfish and prawn salad extra light mayo (1 syn)
yog
banana

dinner
grilled sardines
roasted veggies (lots)
rhubarb jelly (1.5 syns)

Hea milk

HeB Not sure yet maybe alpen light if i get to shops

Good morning all

Well I have just weighed in and I have lost 5lb this week :party0011:... Im "chuffed to little mintballs" as I have been trying to eat more syns this week too as I really struggle to get them down me. Still can't get more than about half used, but I will try again this week to up them a little ;). I also cut back on the exercise this week as I know Im supposed to have days off -but I have hated it:eek: ....so will revert to my usual exercise plan.
Anyway that means I got my 3.5st award (3st 9lb gone -only another 6st to go ):banana dancer:
I have decided that Im going to try and keep having more fish lunches and a couple of evening meals a week at least too ....
Thanks to Snuggles -who started this thread -and everyone who has contributed :thankyou:
Hope everyone is having a good week...
Will keep an eye on here for any more nice fish meals....
have a lovely day..

Wow!!! Congratulations on the weight loss and the lovely new shiny, Capricorn!!! :D

Well done capricorn.

Day 6 of fish week for me.

WI isn't until wednesday but i started fishy week before last weeks wi. I think I will do fishy week until Wi then just make sure i keep up lots of fishy meals and do a fishy week again in about a month.

Teresa

Well I didn't end up doing a full fishy week - Just 3.5 days but with fishy breakfasts too... and I lost:

5lb!! :bunnydance:

This wasn't completely due to fishy week though as I weighed on new scales, and have changed my WI to 2 days later. But I 'checked' the new scales on Monday and had only lost 2lb then so a further 3lb during my fishy days!!

Thank you to Snuggle for starting this thread, and to everyone giving me inspiration on what fishy foods to eat!

Well done on the fabulous losses ladies! My weigh in is in the morning - if my home scales are anything to go by, I have a nice loss - nothing amazing but still a good loss, and I've enjoyed fishy week, as well as adding a few new recipes to my repertoire! Thanks snuggles - will report back in the morning on WI result

Back