My fishy week!

Congratulations and great loss Laura! I went to farmfoods today and bought about 7 different types of fish so might have to stop SAYING I will do it, and just do a full fish week after weigh in on Thursday :) x

2lbs for me and only had a handfull of my meals as fish:) might try for another fish week:)

well girls as expected nothing major from me last night sts but considering i was off plan from friday to monday and drank huuuuuuuggggge amounts of alcohol I really cant complain. I am now going to have a slightly different week but will still be including several fish meals, last night I had chicken and it has left me feel bloated this morning so tuna, sweetcorn and pasta for me at lunchtime today:)
Glad that this thread has inspired and helped so many people, and long may it continue to do so....Still would love anymore fishy recipes that anyone has tried :)

Hey Snuggles!

Congrats on your STS!!! Thats amazing considering your weekend off!!

I went to farmfoods on monday and got huge amounts of fish - -MASSIVE bags mostly at £2.95!!

I had pollock with Batchelors ham, leek and cheese pasta with cauliflower for dinner last night and it was yummy!! Im definitely going to try and have one fishy meal everyday as its my bday this weekend and so im sure a few alcoholic syns will be consumed!!

Well done laura on your loss! 5.5lbs is FANTASTIC!! xxxx

Morning all

Well done on the losses everyone :clap:

For some strange reason I have found myself having a fish meal every day -and really enjoying it... I thought I would be all "fished out" after last week but nope... I had roast lamb for Sunday dinner and I really struggled to digest it:eek: -so, this week I have had :-
  • mon lunch -salmon fillet and roast veggies
  • Tue lunch-smoked haddock with roast veggies
tonight Im concocting a fish pie with sole, smoked haddock and prawns -in cheese sauce :drool:*will post the recipe when I have decided what it is :p*
So it will be interesting to see what Sunday brings. I can see me eating plenty of fish lunches, it seems no effort at all :happy036:
Have a great week everyone..

Had weigh in last night and lost 1lb. Quite disappointed as I was very good all wee (except for too much booze on Sat+Sun) but I thought I'd countered it more than that! Going to try and eat as much fish as possible, bought some prawns for a curry and scallops yesterday, as well as salmon and whiting fillets!
Well done everybody else on their losses!

Hi everyone,

I have been inspiried by snuggles to give this a go.

I did 2 1/2 Fishy days last week and it certainly showed on the scales when I WI on Monday - I had LOST 4lbs!!!!!! - This is just what I needed as my weight loss had come to a stand still for a very long time, so a BIG THANK YOU Snuggles, & I shall be doing more fishy days from now on.

Lyn x

Crab Stuffed Haddock

This is so nice. I always forget how yummy it is!

Serves 2
2.25 syns per serving

1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 slice wholemeal bread, crusts removed (1.5 syns)
1 can crabmeat, drained
salt & pepper
1 egg, beaten (only need 1/2 the egg)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (3 syns)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
2 haddock or cod loins

1) Spray a pan with frylight and saute the spring onion, garlic and celery until softened. Remove from heat.

2) Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and mix well.

3) Put the haddock or cod in a dish sprayed with Frylight. Top with the stuffing and spray the stuffing with Butter Frylight. Bake in the oven on 180 for about 20 mins or until the fish is cooked and the top is golden.

Attachments

• IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 118
This is so nice. I always forget how yummy it is!

Serves 2
2.25 syns per serving

1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 slice wholemeal bread, crusts removed (1.5 syns)
1 can crabmeat, drained
salt & pepper
1 egg, beaten (only need 1/2 the egg)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (3 syns)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
2 haddock or cod loins

1) Spray a pan with frylight and saute the spring onion, garlic and celery until softened. Remove from heat.

2) Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and mix well.

3) Put the haddock or cod in a dish sprayed with Frylight. Top with the stuffing and spray the stuffing with Butter Frylight. Bake in the oven on 180 for about 20 mins or until the fish is cooked and the top is golden.

omg that sounds divine!!!!! definately going to try that!!!!

Evening all

Well I have just had my dinner -OMG twas scrummy *Im secretly hoping hubby won't like his when he gets in -so I can have it tomorrow* :p
I made 2 like the on below -1 each, but when I came to put it out I only needed half -so I have half left :happy036:guess what I will be having for supper if Im hungry ;)

week 2 and I lost 1lb so that 4.5lbs over 2weeks, will be going back to normal red and green days. Big fat juicy steak for me saturday night !!!

great losses again, fishy weeks certainly seem to give a boost...

Capricorn that really does look nice, could I have the recipe please?? x

Only half off for me but it's better than nothing! I had a couple of nights out so a loss is good. Still, was hoping that fishy week would boost it!

New mission this week - at main meals only eat foods with S or SS by them!

Morning all

here you go -the fish pie recipe :p
the fish etc are approx -things that we count are exact ;)

fish pie:-
  • medium sole fillet -lightly steamed
  • piece smoked haddock -lightly steamed
  • 4 raw king prawns -
  • handfull of frozen seafood-approx:-
  • 1dz small prawns
  • 1dz mussels
  • 1dz cockels
  • handfull frozen mushrooms-defrosted and squeezed out
  • 56g frozen garden peas (2)defrosted
  • 56g frozen corn (3)defrosted
  • seasoning
  • sauce
  • 200ml semi -from allowance heA or(3) syns
  • 4tsp cornflour (4)-let down with a drop of the milk
  • heaped tsp English mustard
  • 84g low fat mature cheddar-grated (heA x2)
  • topping:-
  • 396g jacket potatoes(heBx2) -steamed in their skins and then peeled
  • approx 8oz swede -steamed
  • seasoning
  • 1egg
  1. break the fish up and remove any bones -drop into an oven proof dish
  2. Make sure the seafood is defrosted and squeezed out -scatter over the fish and season
  3. add the peas, corn, mushrooms
Sauce:-
  1. warm the milk in a pan gently
  2. stir in the cornflour -stir constanly until thickened -don't try and rush it as it can go gloopy. You want it quite thick to allow for any juices leaking from the fish ;)
  3. stir in the mustard and half of the cheese
  4. spoon over the fish and vegetables
topping:-
  1. rub the skins off the potatoes and mash with the swede
  2. season and beat in the egg
  3. spoon over the top, level and scatter over the other 1/2 of the cheese
I baked for about 25mins until golden and bubbling

now I do red days and it comes in at :-
heA x 2
heB x 2
and 9syns -so per person :- 1heA 1heB and 4.5syns -and I have used part of my other heA for the milk..
I made 2 like the photo in the other post -1 each -but in the end we only needed 1/2 of one each :p

I hope that ramble makes sense...obviously if you are on EE its even better value... or of course you can save heA by making parsley sauce and not cheese...
Give me a yell if something isn't clear and I will try and sort it out... and of course you can tweak the fish to suit your own preferences...
Hope its of use to someone :D

ooohhh and hubby had his last night and loved it so much he has requested it again -and he doesn't like fish pie :bliss:

Back